TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 20, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Home Improvement: HGTV - Remodeling and other Shows: Archive through April 20, 2016 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am watching a marathon of Rehab Addict, Nicole is working on the Tudor home in Detroit (gosh there are some fantastic homes in Detroit, I hope the real estate market/economy recovers there soon) and she cracked me up. Says "I have never actually cooked a meal in a crock pot, just hardware". and her Dad was hysterical describing the "soup" he was making, a lot of hardware, a hint of lead to make it sweet, LMAO.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jamie Durie has a new show, Outback Nation on FYI, it seems like Backyard Rehab, LOL. He had a show before on HGTV but I am not sure where it went and what had happened to him.

I am watching the show now and apparently it is the second episode, he is in southern Ca, can't remember what town he said, the backyard is incredibly overgrown and he makes them camp out in the backyard with him, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 04, 2016 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear, sometimes Love It or List It, Too, just makes me crazy. These fools can spend 2 million on a house but they can't come up with more than $120,000 for the remodel (that is not even a 10% budget)....and they can't manage to find extra money for their deferred maintenance!

Not believable, AND.....they would have more room if they got rid of all their junk....AND....if you husband has a terrible snoring problem why not take him to the doctor instead of buying another house so he can have his own bedroom.

Extremely unbelievable....I sometimes believe that the decision has been made before they even start the remodel project just so they can make it more dramatic. So stupid.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, January 04, 2016 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
GO DIPO!! My thoughts exactly! First, who in their right mind saw that house and thought - ok, not going to include siding? (sometimes its their roof, that obviously needs redone!) That backyard was disgusting too (cracked driveway, falling down garage,)

and sure, make my husband sleep on a blow up bed in the middle of the living room instead of getting him serious help... ridiculous - he's getting a master en suite in the "new" house - maybe they do live separate lives?

and the kitchen - really, oh by the way, you must Feng Shui my kitchen, re order all the cabinets... um, someone is going to gut my kitchen and I'm not going to mention my preferences?

This had to be one of the worst in terms of believability! But they sure figured out a way to include some good old drama! ;)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 04, 2016 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Reader...one thing I though was fascinating was when they do the followups on the website and half the people who said they were going to list never did. Ended up staying in the house.

I don't think some of these people ever think about what a pain in the butt it is to move. If I was doing the remodeling I would some up with every bit of money to solve all the problems, just in case I decided to stay.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, January 04, 2016 - 11:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
From what I've read they talk the homeowners in to saying "List" because they (the producers) find the Homeowners because the Homeowners are already invested in remodeling - the show does have them come up with money, but I forget what and how they come up with that figure... it was the same with the Property Brothers - but with the Property Brothers the show makes them show the money as well as have a "contingency" amount (I think I read 30%, they didn't have to have that upfront, they have to have a certain amount upfront, the prove they can get more in order to get on that show/ie Property Brothers)

Now that was early on in the filming of the shows, and I know things change... some may plan on moving but know they have to fix things (like the siding on their darned house! lol)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, and once again we have a MOM who doesn't seem to know how to put insect repellent on their kids so they can go outside without out a screened in porch.

Also hasn't she ever heard of citronella candles! I think that was a bit reaching.

Plus how do you garden in a screened in porch, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am just wondering if they are in Minnesota, they do have gigantic mosquitos, but that never stopped anyone I knew from being outside in the spring/summer.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I wonder if there has ever been an analysis of when the woman wants to stay, how often to stay. I suspect that most of the time it works that if the women wants to stay, they stay.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It cracks me up that I never even heard of shiplap and now I look for it in homes being demo'd, LOL.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Oh right....on Fixer Upper with Chip and Joanne, she's always saying, "...and I'll expose the shiplap here in the (fill in the room)".

You can count on her saying it just about every show, Di.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Chip loves to tease her about her ship lap love. I had no clue what it was till this show either! LOL

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I can't remember where I found the article (although I may have posted it here before) but you can't believe much on Love it or List it. If I recall.... If you are moving then you have to have already purchased the new home. Any permits for remodelling must alrdy be in place before the show shows up and the money must be in your bank (no loans/lines of credit etc). So when they sadly say they can't do a certain room ... It was never on the list to begin with. As to whether they say list or love I believe that is dictated by producers not reality. Hubby and I watched one where the couple said they were going to love it but hubby knew the guy and they were selling because they were getting a divorce and neither was staying in the house or moving to the house David showed them. I watch because I like getting inspiration and the decorator has similar taste to me but I skip all the 'drama' in the middle.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, Rissa, I figured it was something like that because there just aren't that many people out there who are willing to be in limbo like that, and depending on what year it is, sellers won't wait for the Home Improvements to be complete to sell the their houses.

It just makes sense that they have to have quite a bit already set up before filming.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And on Fixer Upper, they have found a ton of......wait for it.......shiplap, hahahahahaaha.

Lyn

08-07-2002

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Love Fixer Upper - just wish Chip would tone down the goofy a bit

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I read an article yesterday that said that is just who he is and that Joanna is remarkably quiet...mostly because she is always thinking. This was one of their homeowners and said as Joanna walks through the prospect houses that you can almost see her thinking and coming up with ideas.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I agree totally, Lyn. I don't know how Joanne has the patience. He's like her fifth kid.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It makes sense that they would find homeowners/buyers/etc. who already have made alot of choices and I don't mind that they edit it to look like it was all done in a month's time. I watch Love it or List it and Property Brothers because of their ability to see what changes can be made to properties that I would never have considered.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
They are also two of my favourites, Kappy.

I just love the transformations they are able to do for the home buyers.

Talk about opposites attracting, Roxip. (Oh, oops it's Joanna, tnx.)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I just love Fixer Upper, followed by Rehab Addict. Those are my two favorite design shows right now.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed Rehab Addict, the one season they showed it here. Loved her style and that she did a lot of the work herself, plus she was quite frugal, whenever she could be.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really like Rehab Addict too but it only shows on DIY network for me, and that channel is not in my package. I will be happy when they re-air her show on HGTV.

Lyn

08-07-2002

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Rehab Addict is one of my favs too

Like Flip or Flop as well

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 5:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Nothing that we haven't already discussed here, Love it or List it faces lawsuit. Interesting, this time was a pair of landlords looking to renovate their rental property which (apparently) they were not going to live in or sell. Also not news is that they do not actually go through homes that are listed for sale. I remember a similar story that they often just get permission to walk through homes of family and friends. Makes me laugh when they say really snarky things about those homes, must make the next get together awkward. Lol