TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 29, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Below Deck on Bravo: Archive through June 29, 2016 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have no idea when it will air... I'm "assuming" some time after the New Year after Apres Ski is finished.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I'm cautiously excited. I always say a "reality" show is only as good as the cast. Like with Apres it could be a really good show if the cast was the least bit interesting.....they are not.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I like Apres a lot. I like the cast and the conflict. Will be interesting to see if Jim's power play works.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
re Apres - Jim screwed up by going over his boss' boss.

It was ridiculous to hire someone to lead the team who knows nothing about mountain life.

One of the client's said something about shredding which meant nothing to me & the manager but apparently it was mountainspeak for "I want to go skiing" I was shocked that none of the staff didn't clarify that for the manager & just went around her.

I'm glad that Ben will be on the Med edition of Below Deck.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching below deck Mediterranean? I like it better than the other series.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 4:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I'm partial to the original. I don't care very much for the outside staff. The captain is a bit dull. I always enjoy Ben. But I'll continue to keep watching.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
For some reason the Mediterranean boat comes across as sort of sleazy, can't quite put my finger on what it is but it just doesn't "feel" clean and crisp to me.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
On the first show almost the entire crew mentioned it's a wee bit of an old boat in need of an update.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I was surprised that this captain made the young fellow forfeit his tip - the other captain never made anyone forfeit their tip & there were times I thought that would have been appropriate or at least not giving them a full share when they did a half azz job.

I thought Rocky (from last season) only deserved a half share & the other half should have been split between the other 2 stewardesses that had to pick up the slack.

I was glad he forfeited the tip but got to keep the job. He's young & immature but still trainable. I'm sure losing the tip bore an impression that will surely make him think twice about crossing lines with guests or disobeying the captain.

I think on the fishing boats they don't get a full share til after they've proved themselves.

Maybe this equal tip sharing is just for TV though.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
I thought that this week Daniel (is that his name??) was really getting picked on. I think I understand why he doesn't know where to draw the line, especially when he is so approachable by the guests. When they did the ho-down I thought that the workers were doing more of a strip tease then a country dance, and that was appropriate? I think it must be confusing to him when he sees them act that way. Of course the girl thing was inappropriate, but like Will said he is young and has to learn.
I like the other Below Deck, but will still watch this. My favorite is the Aussie girl-she seems so kind and level headed. :-)

Ckrdpast

07-20-2004

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ckrdpast a private message Print Post    
Last years Chief Stew Kate arrested for domestic battery

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/14/kate-chastain-arrest-domestic-violence/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow she looks pretty worn out in that mug shot.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 3:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Oh my... Kate is my favorite on BD.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Kate always seemed rather mean looking , thus the " resting face" or something similar that was noted by a charter guest last year. She is quite professional and great at her job.

I had no clue she was gay or bi;but on should never assume !

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Daniel the deck hand is a piece of work .....

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 3:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Marameko, she just came out earlier this year. I was under the impression this was her first girlfriend.

Daniel is a mess but Bobby and Bryan are just so unlikable.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
True Lexie...........there could be a tad bit of jealousy regarding the last charter trip and the guests interaction with Daniel.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Daniel might not know or care to follow the yachting protocol but he is leaps and bounds more likable than everyone else sans Ben. Bless Daniel's heart...I think he's just young and inexperienced. He should check out that job opportunity the guest offered him. If there is a season 2 of Med they need to replace everyone including the captain.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Hannah and Bobby were both on WWHL last night and they said no one liked Danny and both agreed neither of them would ever want to work with him again. In regards to sharing Danny's tip, Hannah said it happens to her quite frequently, as Head Stew. She said she always turns over what tips she receives to be split as does everyone else.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow is Danny really sick! That is awful, I am so bad, I kept waiting for them to find a heating pad that was making him have a high temp or him faking it.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Danny lost me when he acts goofy, kisses the girl on the cruise (Tilted Kilt) then pushes Hannah. Ben too is loving his press more than his cooking - I mean really disappointed in Ben this season. I can't say Hannah or the others are anything great either... Bobby sure likes Bobby!

and yes, on a boat you should know how to do the clove hitch and the bowline. Its about the knot!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
This cast for my likability isn't compelling at all. I will always root for Ben....just find him very likable in a cocky way.

Danny doesn't bother me at all. Enjoy his youthful enthusiasm. If there is a season 2 I would only be interested in seeing Danny and Ben return.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I employ a lot of people and you can't have employees like Danny. He is very insubordinate. He thinks he is just a little more clever than any of his bosses and that can't be tolerated. I'd get rid of him in a heartbeat. Ben is too much of a Prima Dona. What is with these chefs? I don't find anything about him too intriquing.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
I also love Danny. I guess I don't get why Ryan and Bobby act the way they do, but Danny's the bad guy? I would rather hire Danny because if you approach him like he is human, then he listens.
I LOVE Ben, too. So happy to see him again. I also don't mind Julie..I thought she was austrailian at first, but she's British. I like that she told Bobby about her boyfriend, and is loyal to him. I hate when people mistake kindness and playfulness as flirting. I guess it's just Bobby's wishful thinking.
Wow..and Hannah..really? Mess around with Bobby to get at Ben..what a winner.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, I think Danny should have been fired long ago, he thinks he knows the best way and won't listen to anyone who tries to help him.