TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 17, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: Archive through August 17, 2016 users admin

Sketcher

02-17-2016

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sketcher a private message Print Post    
That new show is duller than watching paint dry! I always enjoyed the former Duggar show; not sure what's different now, except that they're getting too old to all be hanging around each other all the time. It's beginning to look a little odd... I'd rather see more Josie and Jordyn and less Jessa and Jill. But I'm sure that will come, as the whole family seems to be slowly making its way back into the storyline... Even banished Josh. On a more positive note, Jed is a hunk!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Perhaps, Sketcher, they are not hanging around each other all the time. Each program is only an hour of their lives.

Sketcher

02-17-2016

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sketcher a private message Print Post    
Oh, okay.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think they are each others' best friends and are very close. We may think it's a bit different but I think they are so used to being together that it's more of the norm for them.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I sure wish I had a large family that cared about me. I think it would be great.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I watched the other two shows of the girls, Counting On I guess it's called.

I'm with Watcher on this one. Boring.

I've lost all interest in this family and what they are doing or stand for.

I also think it's shameless the way they remain in the public spotlight.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 5:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
It sure isn't the most exciting show to come through the tube, but I enjoy the slow pace. I guess it comes from watching British dramas unfold. One sure has to be patient with them.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
watched last night. This is really boring!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I watched last night too and enjoyed it. I liked how the producer kept asking about future courting and I like that the boys are being shown more. That baby Israel looks exactly like his mother...so cute!! The little scene with Israel tasting his first pickle was precious. He seemed to like the pickle just like all the Duggars like pickles. Overall, I'm enjoying this program because it's not centered on the mom and dad Duggar, but on the older kids.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I have started a drinking game. Whenever one of them says "and so", take a shot. You will be drunk within 5 minutes! Seriously, I never realized how often they said it.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Mamie, try the word 'like'. Every other word out of the girls mouth is 'like'. But I still 'like' to watch.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
That too, OG! And I still watch too.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Last night I couldn't sleep. I watched them on On Demand. Better than a a sleeping pill. I made it through only 10 or 15 minutes and I was out.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm about 20 minutes in and am enjoying Ben taking care of Spurgeon, and Jinger at the auto auction.

Sketcher

02-17-2016

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sketcher a private message Print Post    
Drinking game: "walking through."

Stormie

03-01-2007

Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed Jill and Jessa's show "Jill and Jessa Counting On." I hope that it returns. Here's a link at TLC:

jill-jessa-counting-on

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I don't have a link but I read (at People, I think) that there will be another season but the title won't include Jill and Jessa's names. It will feature Jinger and her boyfriend who graduated from Syracuse.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 04, 2016 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
FYI - Yes, I have this terrible sin to admit to, I sometimes read gossip - I search for things and this particular not very good gossip site comes up a lot - I just look for things I might be interested in, this was a reality star thing, so I looked.
Can't swear this is true, most is, but I have found a few mistakes here before.
It is about Jana and her great escape.
http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2016/07/blind-items-revealed-4-516.html
Thought you guys might be interested in it.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
What a load of bull crap.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, thanks for sharing. I found the link very interesting and even if it's not true, is sure was a fun read and good for the imagination thinking about Jana getting away on her own and experiencing another side of living.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Counting On is starting again featuring Jinger and her engagement.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I can believe that story, Sadies.

Sometimes trying to run your children's lives blows up in your face BIG TIME, because the more you try to hold them down and hold them back, when they do eventually rebel, it can be on a grand scale.

The Duggars make me sick.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I believe we all impose our own sets of beliefs and prejudices upon our children...how our children choose to react after they become adults is their own choice. If children choose to remain obedient then after a time that is their choice. If they choose to pick another life path that is also their choice. Ultimately unless you are in an oppressive cult where they marry their young daughters off well before the age of consent then children pick their own path. Although the Duggars are more extreme than most I do not see them tying their children to their beds in order to force them to stay at home.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
No but they can use guilt to get them to do what they want.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Why doesn't that work with my daughter?