TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 07, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway 15 and Project Runway Junior: Archive through October 07, 2016 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, September 26, 2016 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
A bit off topic, but has anyone seen the clothes last year's "plus size" winner has produced...I really tried but I did not like a single one nor would I (a plus-size woman) wear it. It is for the most part just darn FUGLY.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, September 26, 2016 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
No, I haven't but that's not surprising. I think everything I see for plus sz these days is horizontal stripes, loud prints and sleeveless all of which plus sz ppl try to avoid.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, September 26, 2016 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
All I could find for Ashley Nell Tipton were some of those gawdawful flower hats, pins and a t-shirt.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, September 26, 2016 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Is anyone else sick to death of the high low look? Enough already!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh gosh! I am so sick of the high low look...but then again I never liked it...I never thought it was particularly flattering and who wants something hitting you on the back of your legs all the time?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kimber went home. I am so glad that Mah Jing didn't get eliminated.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, September 30, 2016 - 12:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Oh me too!!! I felt bad for her... but I like him better! I thought the black light effect on the runway wasn't as bright as it was in the workroom... a lot of the looks really fell flat.

Florin

08-27-2006

Friday, September 30, 2016 - 2:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I was surprised that the outfit created by Roberi wasn't in the top 3. I thought it looked pretty cool under the black light.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 30, 2016 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought his look was cool under the black light but it didn't impress me just walking...Kimber couldn't see that her outfit wasn't great which I think leaned heavily in her favor of leaving.

I thought that Cornelius was going to have a conniption fit when he didn't win. What a nasty piece of work!

Kind of happy that Brik wasn't in the bottom this week. He had totally lost any confidence and so maybe he can regain it next week...even if he leaves at least he made it past one week without being a bottom look.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 30, 2016 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I was also happy to Brik in the room waiting, I saw the last 15 minutes of the show before I saw the whole show, LOL.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, September 30, 2016 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Another rather lackluster week on Project Runway. I agree that the black light on the runway wasn't particularly impressive. The neon colors, which I find nauseating, were just a cop out. I thought Cornelius was going to win. I didn't really care for it but it was imaginative. I think Erin received the win by using blue which they didn't expect. I also thought a couple of the designs looked like really bad swimwear. Kimber's material was butt ugly and the design nothing to write home about.

I understand being disappointed that you don't win, but what a poor sport. You don't have to like it, but maybe you ought to keep your snarky thoughts to yourself and calm down a bit.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 30, 2016 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was perplexed by those swimsuit-type outfits also. They were too short to be short shorts. I didn't think Laurence really tried at all since she had immunity which I found disappointing.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, September 30, 2016 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I thought Cornelius took the easy way out... pretty simple white dress, placed the tape emojis, the applied the different colors of spray paint... sure it was clever and the emojis were relevant... but... the white dress itself was nothing special. That pocket for the glasses???? wth???? Did ANY of the judges call him out on it???

And I'm sooo shocked he really doesn't seem to care that who he throw his hissy fits in front of... shocked he did it in the lounge - basically in front of everyone. He seems to revel in the title Queen of Shade... or whatever it is they call him. Such a nasty personality.

And what was up with the bra-piece on Laurence's garment??? It reminded me of one of Madonna's costumes she used to wear... can't remember the name of the video...

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, September 30, 2016 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I also thought the eyeglasses tie in was strange and odd that only one or two designers had models wearing glasses. Are they running out of businesses that want to sponsor PR? There have certainly been some odd ones. Remember the Red Robin challenge a few seasons ago?

Cass_cat, I agree that Cornelius basks in the glory of being HRH the Queen of Shade. Most immature.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Friday, September 30, 2016 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Cass_cat, When they were reviewing the outfits in the judging area, Nina actually said she liked the glasses pocket. I thought his dress was terrible without the light.

The winning dress I actually liked...it looked good with or without the light. The woman, don't know the names yet, who won (she also won the first week) seems to be the who will win unless something surprising happens. She appears to be a good designer and seamstress, and has a professional attitude.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 3:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rob, Erin is the winner's name.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I missed the critique of The southern guy with the long blonde hair but all I saw was a white dress and when the black light came on all I saw was a white dress under black light. How did he not end up in the bottom?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I'm so glad to see that when the models come out for a closer look at the clothes that Tim names them. I don't recall that being done before and it's nice to see the models getting some recognition.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Tim has always called the models by name. I miss the show about them they used to have.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am not sure, lakecat, but it might have to do with construction. sometimes there are things that are not as visible on our TV. I do under how a clear plastic outfit can be considered wearable, if it is cold it would be brittle cold, if it is hot it would be sweaty hot. The only appropriate time should be in a warm rain.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
and in the warm rain the painting would REALLY come out!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I've go to catch this online. So happy it's a new season!

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lexie! Erin right now seems to be the clear overall winner. Will be interesting how this plays out.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, October 07, 2016 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I must say, I don't care for these "design something for Heidi's line" episodes. I remember the ridiculous bra challenge a few seasons ago and now the swimsuit challenge.

I thought Tasha should have been eliminated as I believe her suit looked the worst. I didn't think her print was that bad. Nor did I think Sarah's looked like something a 6 year old would choose, it wasn't that juvenile although the print was odd. Jenni's suit was a bit of a mess. Hated that pant cover up thing.

Rik did a lovely job even with the strange pant only cover up.

I was surprised that they liked the suit and cover up Alex designed. I appreciate the Bohemian aspect but thought it looked a bit like a nightie. I did like Roberi's feather material.

Speaking of material, what a waste of the design your own textile challenge. Itsy bitsy teeny weeny bikini's don't let you see too much material. I would have much rather seen this challenge used for dresses, skirts, pants...clothes not swimwear.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 07, 2016 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree. I thought Tasha should have been eliminated also (which makes me think weird conspiracy theory things about let's not eliminate the large woman with the huge sob story this early in the season...). Her bikini was ill-fitting, poorly constructed, and I didn't care for the material (although TBH the block coverup didn't bother me, as I own several myself). Having said that I also didn't like Sarah's or Jenni's. Rik did an excellent job however - that print would be flattering on a whole lot of body types. On the other hand, I didn't like Roberi's swimsuit at all - it didn't seem to fit the model's body correctly.

I wouldn't care for that "Bohemian" coverup (looked like a nightgown to me) but I could see wearing it all the time - like when I get out of bed in the morning and don't want to put on day clothes yet because I'm going to be housecleaning or something.

I kind of liked Mah Ting (or whatever his name was) swimsuit. I thought it was cute and a great color.