TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 05, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Master Chef Season 7: Archive through August 05, 2016 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This started last night and they just have Gordon and the pastry chef auditioning them. They will have a series of guest judges during the season, including Wolfgang Puck.

They had two and four person battles for the white aprons and are whittling 40 down to 20.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
They eliminated 2 chefs. I think they made the right choices. Nice to see Nathan redeem himself in the second challenge.

That dish Gordon made looked yummy!! I want it for dinner. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I like Nathan. I don't think he'll go all the way, but I find him so endearing!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I know! He about broke my heart in the first challenge. He does look young for his age. I would have guessed him at 15 or 16 yrs old.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The older man who went home just seemed unable to concentrate.

Wolfgang Puck was a bit harsh, IMO, especially for a first challenge. (but he was honest!)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I thought he was harsh as well! The older guy just wasn't up to it. Good show though.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, June 20, 2016 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I was rooting for the old guy, my peer....but he didn't have it in him. They made the right choice.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Not many watching? I'm not. I miss Graham and Joe. The lady baker does nothing for me. Guest judges. Meh. I don't watch any of Gordon Ramsay's shows.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
He seemed more Hell's Kitchen Gordon (which I stopped watching seasons ago) at the wedding challenge.

I miss Graham and Joe as well.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching (recording and a little behind as usual). I like Gordon but I miss Joe and Graham as well.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching, also. Gordon Ramsey always seems to be his meanest at the outdoor group challenges - even on the kids' versions. I miss the other judges, too. They seemed to even him out more. I don't enjoy watching him give people such a hard time. Especially when they are trying so hard.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
My issue with him going hard on them is none of these contestants have ever worked in a restaurant - they are home cooks. Some of them don't want to work or own a restaurant - they are competing for the money and the "cookbook deal." I really don't like these outdoor group challenges - especially for the kids.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Yes, last week's challenge was hard to watch. I wanted to take a Xanax. Not enjoyable at all.

For this week I just want to say... I love Terry... and I'm craving strawberry/rhubarb pie (even though it is what sent that poor girl home).

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I thought the woman that won the challenge was a bit cruel in the way she was handing (or not handing) out the spoons.

I was confused with them saying that Terry's pie looked textbook. On my screen, it looked almost burned around the edges.

Also - what purpose did it serve to have last year's winner and the other guest judge cooking the challenge, also? As if Gordon Ramsey was going to dislike either of them??

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
The woman handing out the spoons....I would have liked to grab one and smack her with it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Same here too Granjan... I wanted to beat her upside the head with the spoons.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I hope she was doing it for drama induced by production!

and pies in one hour? Anyone? especially when they cut in to it, and its all set, not hot and steamy! That's the secret to my apple pie - let it cool completely at room temperature! (well I have a few other secrets ! ;)

and now I"m hungry to make Grandma's Rhubarb pie! The old fashioned way mind you - no strawberries!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Reader, in my fridge now from Mazzarrio Bakery. Rhubarb -- not strawberry-rhubarb. My mom could bake. Rhubarb and apple pies were my dad's favorites.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Yum!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It's getting hard to tell difference between Masterchef and Hell's Kitchen. Anything Gordon Ramsay is same thing.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the last two seasons with the 3 judges as I feel they were very supportive of all the cooks and there were great lessons to learn. This season, I've only watched a few episodes and did not enjoy them at all. You don't realize how much that 3rd judge tempered Ramsay until he's gone.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've fallen behind watching this season and I might just give up on it if it's becoming like Hell's Kitchen. Hell's Kitchen was okay for a while but hearing Ramsay scream and swear about the same stuff over and over gets tiresome and repetitive. Plus as Lexie said, it's not like these people on Master Chef are professional chefs or even necessarily want to become professional chefs in a restaurant environment. It shouldn't be the same thing at all.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
This last episode had me thinking the exact same thing. I about died laughing when GR acts all offended when the cooks act as badly as HE does! Granted - I haven't seen him actually smack someone else, but his verbal abuse is worse. This is quickly looking to be the final season I watch. I'd stop now, but I have to see who wins! LOL

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, July 29, 2016 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Occasionally he does slip in to Hell's Kitchen mode. I'd much prefer he didn't. Hopefully feedback will knock it on the head. I grew to despise Hell's Kitchen. I am not a fan of Christina either. I find her passively mean at times. I like what Aaron and Edward have brought to the show. I thought Wolfgang acted unbecomingly.

I wouldn't give up on the show though. Hopefully this season is an audition for a new judge, they listen to the fans who don't like berating Gordon and get back to the positive atmosphere they usually have.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, August 05, 2016 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Gordon Ramsay is a one note personality on his TV shows. (He is different in interviews.) I don't think he's going to do a turnaround on Masterchef.

I watch occasionally. This past Wednesday the mystery box was a jar of Nutella (product placement). Fix different dishes for breakfast using Nutella. Ha! Ever since Nutella got in trouble a few years ago, I refuse to buy or consume it. (Trader Joe's has similar products.) I noticed it before the government went after it. In TV ads, Nutella claimed to be "nutritious". The first ingredient listed is SUGAR. Nutella got in big trouble. I wanted to contact them. At the time, there was no e-mail address or phone number on the website -- only a snail mail P.O. box. That should tell you something.