TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 31, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars- Season 23: Archive through August 31, 2016 users admin

Rvon

12-11-2003

Monday, August 29, 2016 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I just read on Politico that Rick Perry is going to be on DWTS along with Vanilla Ice and Calvin Johnson (another football player). Good grief! Rick Perry? Really?

I think this season I will completely bypass this show. I won't even bother recording it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, August 29, 2016 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The Star reports that he was cited for similar public intoxication in 20110 and again later, so this isn't his first rodeo in terms of embarrassing those who support him and sponsor him.

This seems like some sort of reward. I think a week or two isn't much time to learn and he apparently hasn't learned in 6 years ..

I think the message should be don't drink if you turn into an ass when you do. Seems simple.

Sasha should be ok with a foot shorter but it will be a new experience for him.. heck he could have been on So You Think You Can Dance with one of the kids!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Cheryl is back? My DH will be over the moon. He has had a huge crush on her since season one.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Here's a link to an article listing the pairings.
http://www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with-the-stars-season-23-cast-1517723/?utm_content=buffer94bd1&utm_medium=fnpg-dwtsthree&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=repromote-buffer

Interesting that Mark isn't listed. He did some choreo for So You Think You Can Dance this season as did Sasha and Emma. There was a rumor that JoJo was going to do DWTS this year so maybe Mark will dance with her. He's getting married soon so perhaps that's why he's not dancing this season?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I find it interesting that Derek is dancing with Marilu Henner - although I think she has a lot of experience that will make her a good dancer I would have expected him to get a ringer like Laurie Hernandez.

I think Witney and Vanilla Ice will be a fun couple to watch - maybe not dance but both of them seem pretty outspoken and to see little Witney try to keep Vanilla Ice in line should be pretty funny.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Here's the official ABC page with pairings and small bios of the stars.
http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/news/updates/dwts-season-23-cast-announcement-083016

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Marilu Henner has the crazy memory thing (where she remembers something that happened 28 years ago on a Tuesday). She will never forget anything the judges tell her.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
This is a pretty good cast. First time in years I've recognized more than half of the names.
I'm very excited that Maks and Cheryl are back. They have always been my favorite pros. Surprised that Cheryl is back though. She was on that Hollywood Medium show recently and said dancing was behind her and she was interested in pursuing new interests and opportunities.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I don't know many of the new stars, but am always excited to learn about them and enjoy their journeys.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
At first glance... it looks to be a slightly older cast... which is good. I think Angus is the youngest... and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a dance background.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Laura Hernandez is 16 I believe.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, where is the article about Lochte's public intoxication? I can't find it. The only Star story that came up was about the Rio intoxication. I could find nothing on a prior conviction. Not doubting you, just wanted to read it.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
Okay, found a different story about him and he was arrested for public intoxication in 2005 and someone told the police he urinated in public and then in 2010 he was arrested for disorderly conduct in an altercation with 4 others. Sounds like him and Michael Phelps have had their moments.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Maturity did wonders for Phelps and I hope it works the same magic on Lochte.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I thought I remembered that Marilu danced in her youth...and she did. Took her first dance class at age 2 and taught at her family's studio.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilu_Henner

Dfng

08-04-2005

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dfng a private message Print Post    
I hope people will give lockte a chance. What the rio police reported was just if not more of a lie than what he first said. there was no trashing of a bathroom, the boys did pee on a bush in the back of the building and lockte did rip a poster. For that they had 2 men surround their taxi with guns aimed at them. It became clear then that money was exchanged. There are a couple of videos showing this happen. Also USA today went down there and documented no damage to the locked out of order bathroom. Feigan was first asked to pay 150,000 dollars to get his passport back but lawyers negotiated to $11,000.

I know the swimmers as my son is an Olympic swimmer and I know some of the parents as my son swam on a college team with one. I can tell you that the athletes always look forward to the parties afterwards as most of them had not had a drink in a year. They were stupid and made bad decisions but the payment for their stupidity should fit the crime.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I kind of remembered the same thing...

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Locate needs to grow up. He's 32. Heard something on news today about him wanting to set the story straight. So he's changing the story again?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
That's what I think too Dfng. I keep thinking that Ryan must be a noted Republican since he's being vilified so much,but I haven't found his officiation.im not saying boys will be boys,but there's two sides to every story and it usually lies in the middle.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
If he hadn't lied about it, this would have blown over weeks ago.

Dfng- considering there was a story before the games about the fact they supplied 450,000 condoms in the Olympic village (42 per athlete), I'm not shocked about the partying..

As to the cast- simply because Marilu is paired with Derek, I think they're the favorites...

Dfng

08-04-2005

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dfng a private message Print Post    
The condom stories are pretty funny. Most of the athletes take handfuls to give out at home.

Really he lied to his mom who told the media. They never filed a police report however when the news broke the police interviewed lockte and feigan. They didn't even interview the other two guys. From what I have heard he did tell the police the facts that he knew - he just didn't tell them about peeing in the back and the poster. That was the first lie rio police told. The second one is the police said it was two security guards with no badges. Actually it was two off duty cops who did show their police badges.

Anyway - like lakecat said - the truth is usually in the middle.

I love dwts and and my swimming community so hoping for the best.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
People make mistakes. He made a mistake. Not a huge mistake by most standards (no drunk driving, no one died, a little damage that was paid for) but the repercussions have still been pretty severe in terms of lost respect and income. If he still acts like a jerk on DWTS then I'll say so but I'm prepared to give him a chance. I'm hoping he can redeem himself.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
ITA Jimmer. It took me a while to get to this point because it was such an unnecessary mess, but yeah.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Correct, but I think he told his mother they were "armed robbers dressed as police officers" and that's what SHE told the media before the real police got involved in the situation.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
There are so many discrepancies to that story that I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt...or he just may be terminally stupid. Will wait and see.