TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 27, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars- Season 23: Archive through August 27, 2016 users admin

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Figure we should start this up:

8 pros were announced yesterday:

Val Chmerkovskiy, Witney Carson, Sharna Burgess, Artem Chigvintsev, Lindsay Arnold, Allison Holker, Sasha Farber and Gleb Savchenko.

There will be 13 celebs apparently- the other 5 pros along with the celebs will be announced on GMA next Tuesday (the 30th)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Just read that Ryan Lochte is in "serious talks" to join cast of season 23.

Buba1113

07-20-2009

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Buba1113 a private message Print Post    
Oh no!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Oh HELL no!

Mysti

09-28-2005

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 12:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mysti a private message Print Post    
Oh PLEASE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously please don't let him be on the show EVER!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Read on-line in a US Weekly article that it is confirmed -- Ryan Lochte is part of the cast. Ugh! Maks is back for season 23.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I was listening to the radio this morning and they were talking about Lochte on DWTS. The DJ's said they weren't surprised ABC booked him and compared it to them having Paula Deen on after her controversy. Personally, I think it's a bad decision on ABC's part and hope he'll be voted off quickly.
Just read a story about Maks return. Makes me happy and more likely to tune in.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I think it's more of a case that ABC is stuck with him- from what I read, they were in discussions with him BEFORE the Olympics started, so of course they had no clue he'd do what he did. Now it's too late to try to get someone else, as they're announcing the cast next week (and they decide who the pros are based on the cast they end up getting, so changing someone mid-stream could cause a chain reaction).

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Depending on how he behaves and performs, I think it's a good opportunity for him to rehabilitate his image. I wouldn't write him off.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I guess I need to really read what happened. I've only skimmed or half listened. I was under the impression all he really did was exaggerate what happened. Wasn't a gun pointed at him and way more money demanded than was appropriate? I think the other swimmer( forgot his name) was way worse, he got behind the wheel of a car, several times.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
What really happened and what he told his mother were two different things. Moral of the story is don't go drinking and looking for loose women (since I get red-dotted when I say what they were really doing) in Rio, and lie to your mother. I don't think in a million years he thought his mother would have told the world what he told her.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Tony is taking this season off.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, the big difference between Lochte and Phelps (I'm assuming this is the other person you are referring to) is that Phelps immediately came out and apologized to everyone -- his family and friends, and the US Swim team. He took responsibility for his behavior. He did not lie or make up different stories as to what actually happened. Huge difference to me.

He needs to stay out of the limelight for a while because I don't think people are so quick to forgive him for being such an embarrassment.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 4:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I believe Phelps didn't act with poor behavior during Olympic games or in a foreign country.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 4:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think he is likely to be out early unless there is someone immediately unlikable.

I would have thought ABC would have an escape clause in the contract.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
More info.. Maks will be back dancing, Tony will not, Julianne back judging, a n d a few stars I have never heard of.

http://us.blastingnews.com/showbiz-tv/2016/08/dancing-with-the-stars-fall-2016-cast-tony-dovolani-exits-hough-returns-for-season-23-001082233.html

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Terra Jole is only four foot two- no matter who her partner is, it's gonna be awkward...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't blame Tony for leaving - they seem to pair him with the worst of the worst.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Tony had a pretty good partner in Marla Maples -- certainly good for her age. There were other stars that season that should have gone out before her.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Agreed Color. Marla Maples was the best partner he's had since I started watching the show (I came in on Lisa Vanderpump's season).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I did watch a couple of seasons of Little Women of LA and it got way too acrimonious for me. So I'm not stoked about Terra.

Tony did win all star season with Melissa Rycroft.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think Tony has been working toward interviewing for entertainment shows. He just may be trying to expand his horizons.

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
Noooo not Terra Jolie..She is the reason for most of the fights on LWLA. Most of her "dancing" is twerk, booty shaking. I wonder which poor pro dancer will be stuck with her?

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
For what I've read I think Terra's partner is Sasha. Poor guy, that height difference! But if Witney could do it with Von...

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking Ryan Lochte will be voted out early. America has had enough of his embarrassing antics and lies.

I didn't watch the season Paula Deen was on because of Paula Deen. Just couldn't watch her. Ugh.