TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 02, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of OC: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 02, 2016 users admin

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
From what I understood the nurse was only there to administer the IV antibiotics- that's it. Visiting nurses don't stay all day. I don't really care what Vicki wrote in her blog, because she has already proven herself a liar.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I didn't get the urgency to move Brianna back to OC, she couldn't wait until she had recovered from her surgery and her husband could come with her, makes absolutely no sense.

And a nurse isn't there to run after toddlers, they need some child care.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dipo, Vicki stayed home with the children. She said she missed a couple of weeks of work.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't understand the entire urgency of moving Brianna back to the OC. Vicki said Brianna developed an infection as a result of whatever surgery she had in OK. And for the life of me, I can't understand why she didn't fly them back (a two-hour flight) and have Brianna's car shipped back to the OC. That makes no sense to me.

Also, Vicki did leave to go get work at the office to bring home but her office is only five minutes away and she said the nurse was home with Brianna when she ran to the office. She said the scene where she leaves to go to the office - she had already missed more than a week at that point and with Brianna's ongoing illness she missed several more weeks of work to help take care of Brianna and the children.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Maybe it's me, but Vicki and truth aren't typically on speaking terms.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I know Tish, but after last season where the producers intentionally left something out involving Lisa Vanderpump on BH (and Lisa was pissed and let it rip on Twitter), it doesn't surprise me that production didn't show that she had hired a nurse to help with Brianna.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Oh I'm sure they play fast and loose, too. Andy says: DRAMA!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Tish, I'm so over Andy and his B.S.

And you can get a nurse to stay for as long as you are willing to pay. My aunt is a home health nurse and she worked for a family for over two years where she stayed with the patriarch of the family 8 hours a day, 5 days a week - she did this for over two years until he died. She had retired but this family needed a nurse to take care of the old man and if you can get a nurse that freelances, you save a boatload of money not having to pay an agency. (But yeah, they don't babysit children).

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
That one scene they showed of Vicki going to work I seem to recall her mentioning meetings to Brianna. paraphrasing I have a 4:30. Didn't sound like she was going to pick up only. And if her office is so close they could always swing by and drop stuff off or messenger it over. Yes drama but she is always woe is me vying for those casseroles.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I get what you are saying Jasper, but she did have a nurse at the house so Brianna was never alone. Bravo can be very shady in its editing.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
I wondered why Brianna did all the driving to Orange County if she was so sick.
I agree that Bravo creates drama.
Saw at least 2 people filming and holding the boom when she put Brianna in the car.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I believe I heard Vicki say that she did a lot of the driving, also, but that it wasn't shown, and that if she can Brianna prefers to drive because otherwise she gets car sick.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, July 25, 2016 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
It's nights like tonight that make me keep watching...if I can laugh out loud at least once a year, I can keep watching reality tv. :-) good job producers.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 3:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Agreed Legalboxer, except it was totally shitty of Shannon to have those two women at the party to confront Kelly (and I'm not even a Kelly fan, but I thought it was super-shitty).

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
The problem was Kelly didn't confront the two women, she went after Shannon. Drunk behavior is so common for these women. I'm sure by next season, Kelly & Shannon will be the best of friends lol

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I suspect that if Shannon has something on Kelly, then Kelly has something on Shannon if they both lived in the same subdivision.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am over, out of the OC, silly fights, plot lines I have no interest in , recordings moving forward are cancelled.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 2:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I don't think Shannon was intentionally trying to channel Mrs. Roper. She seemed upset Kelly called her that. David is a good looking guy, why would he wear such an un-hot outfit? Kelly was out of line saying he looked like a pedophile. Also didn't Vicki cheat on Don?

The Brianna and son scene was cute. More of that and less of the trashy scenes.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Yes Rehtse, Vicki made herself out to be a victim but it came from her mouth (and Brianna's) a while back that she had met Brooks while still married to Don.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Don cheated on Vicki also, didn't he? Their marriage was over years before they divorced.

I know I'm going to get flak for saying this, but I feel Briana is a drama queen like her Mom and she acts like her Mom owes her. Vicki bought them a house in the OC and is having it redone. Supposedly they will pay her back once the OK home sells, but the price won't be nearly enough to cover a redone OC house. Didn't she also buy Briana a new car (the Tahoe?) or is that a lease?

I just can't help but see a sense of entitlement from Briana and her husband where Vicki is concerned. While Briana moaned her Mom left her alone, I read Vicki had set up a home health nurse.

I had to laugh when Vicki said it was mean of the military not to let the husband out of his commitment early so he could move to the OC. Unbelievable.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 12:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Cricket, I see what you mean about entitlement from Brianna and her husband. She does lay it on a bit thick.

About the retirement from the military, does he even have the time in to be "retiring"?

Finally, my thing with Vicki calling David out for being a cheater was that that was hypocritical of her regardless of whether she was cheated on. Two wrongs don't make a right.

To use a term of either RH Atlanta or Potomac, Kelly is "thirsty" for camera time, hence her whooping it up with Vicki. Vicki should keep her eye on her because she just might replace Vicki.

The dubrow marriage is interesting. Terry seems to be in the process of checking-out. Either that or just has to work a LOT in order to keep up with her spending.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rehtse, both Don and Vicki cheated on each other.

I don't know if Ryan is "retiring." If he is 38-years-old, he could have his 20 years (I'm not sure how old he is). Or it could just be that his hitch is up and he has decided to leave the military.

Cricket, I'm not sure if Vicki "bought" them a house or merely loaned them the down payment on the house.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
Do the producers/shows pay for the elaborate parties and trips, including chauffeured cars, etc? I know these women are very well off but I was just curious. The parties and trips ALWAYS have drama, which of course is perfect for the camera.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 3:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Production pays for the trips. In fact, when someone says "I'm taking everyone to __________," production has already booked and paid for the trip and made all the arrangements. The HW who is "hosting" the cast party has done nothing to arrange for the trip and she hasn't paid for anything.

All parties at the HW's homes are paid for by the HW.

I'm unsure about the chauffeured cars. My gut tells me that sometimes for certain events production will pay for the cars, and for other instances if the HW wants a chauffeured car, she pays for it herself.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lexie - do they really pay for those over-the-top suites like in Abu Dhabi (Beverly Hills) that Kyle Richards, Lisa V, etc were in? The ones that are $25K a night? If so, there's way too much money being spent that does NOT equal the entertainment value...lol.

I wondered about Shannon's 70's party - since it wasn't at her house and seemed to be planned and decorated by a party planner with very little input other than 'let's have a 70's theme'. The girls seemed to all arrive by chauffer, which is a good thing since they were all drinking.