TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 02, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: FoodNetwork Star 2016: Archive through August 02, 2016 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 18, 2016 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I saw that too...I thought the remark was way out of line but it didn't occur to me that it was racist. Definitely ignorant. I guess it depends on what your life experience is as to what is considered a racist term. I will certainly say it was highly offensive and inappropriate no matter who you are - but then again Ana has been like that all season, and even more so since she became so sure that she was going to win.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, July 18, 2016 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I didn't think of it as racist either or ignorant. Catty, yes, I thought she might be a little jealous of how well she has done consistently. But I assumed she meant her audience would skew to younger women.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, July 18, 2016 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Well... considering the show she used to be on (Real Housewives of Miami... right) I'm not surprised something catty came out of her mouth.

I never watched her show... saw a few episodes of New York and Orange County. I just couldn't stomach them and all the backstabbing, gossiping, and arguing. I find that to be the furthest thing from entertainment. But to each his own because my sister loves them!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Yea...was really worried Anna was going to win Star Salvation

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 25, 2016 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well start salvation turned out to be a waste of time, so there is that.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 25, 2016 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I read an article that seems to think the cute Italian guy wins. Personally I understand that he is an amazing cook but he just talks so fast that my brain cannot keep up with him! I don't see any of these three as hosts of shows I would watch - especially since FN seems to be setting them up for "travel and taste" shows instead of cooking shows (are cooking shows just going away?). Oh well, I don't dislike any of them either so I guess good luck to them all!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, July 25, 2016 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I've loved Damiano since he was on the Baking Championship show. The difference in that show was that he just had to present his food and not do any videos. I feel if he wins and Food Network is that invested in him, that they might provide him with a dialect coach. That would help him reduce his Italian accent. The accent is part of his charm for me so I'd want it lessened but not eliminated. Also some work with his directors might help him pace his delivery. I'd really be happy with any of the three winning this season. I was glad that Yaku got back in for one last try. At least these four and maybe Monterey have gotten some name recognition from being on FNS. Heck, Tregay was on Guy's Grocery Games with her family. So, Damiano, Tregay and the baker have all been on Food Network competition shows.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, July 25, 2016 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
After listening to Fabio on Top Chef, I've had no problems understanding Damiano - LOVE his accent! :-) I don't really care which of the three win as I haven't watched a FNS winner's show in ages.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 25, 2016 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I like all three finalists and I would be okay with any of them winning!

Spoton

09-16-2005

Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I believe that the "travel and taste" pilots they are having them do are only for the purpose of the final competition. They will fit the actual show format to the eventual winner.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Won't ever watch the winner. There is NOTHING unique nor unusual about her. So disappointed with the results. Oh well......

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Who won? I can't even remember who is still on the show, LOL.

Yacky

07-06-2005

Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yacky a private message Print Post    
Tregaye

Idolworship

05-07-2003

Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Idolworship a private message Print Post    
She depended on too many of the same words/phrases.
Everything is just not "poppin!".
I won't be watching.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I will watch at least once. They always enjoyed her food.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think she is enthusiastic and seems to know how to create food...I always like the "journey" (the show) more than the destination!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I almost never watch any of the shows, but again, I liked all three of the finalists, and am happy with the winner. I think she'll do well, she's very entertaining.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I don't know if I'll watch her show, just like I haven't watched most of the recent winners' shows. However, that finale could have been done in twenty minutes. I hate that they drag it out, now. The final 2 eps should have been combined - take out all the fluff, show them making the videos, show the videos, then tell the winner. Bam!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree with that, Teach. I FF'd through much of it, but I did like the outtakes. :-)

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Tregaye didn't even land a solo show. She's going to be the co-host of some show but the final three shook out in the order I thought they would. At least the other finalists have a demo that they can show around and maybe the network will think of them when other opportunities arise.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
What was the Final 3 order?

Personally I was hoping for a Domiano win.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Tregaye was first, the chef of love (brain freeze can't remember his name) was second and Damiano was third.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
bummer... I haven't watched the final 3 episodes... Seems like I don't need to now.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I was hoping Damiano would win also. I forget did he win his season of the Baking Championship or was he a runner-up? I know he made the finals that season.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I see nothing original or unique in Tregaye. She is like many other Black cooks on this network, with accent, phrasing and "southern" personae intact. Her food may have been good but nothing special. It's time this network begin to diversify more.