TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 21, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of New York City : Archive through July 21, 2016 users admin

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
He's not a private citizen, I would argue because he's appeared on television.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Nice ending to the reunion, really nice.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching the new season? Holy Cow! Last night when Bethenny said, "Abort, Abort" I lost it...laughing so hard. I don't know why Bethenny is all over Dorinda about her boyfriend, John, but she is. I get where she's coming from but perhaps when Dorinda is hosting a party is not the right time.

Then there's Ramona...worried things she says don't come out right and then proceeds to lay it on Dorinda right after Bethenny in front of all the women that John spoke about Dorinda in a disrespectful way. I felt bad for Dorinda. Ramona not only doesn't have words come out right, but her timing is horrible. She definitely should have told Dorinda this info another time and privately.

Bethenny's 'abort, abort' was hysterical, but she started it all.

I understand why they don't like John and yes, Dorinda does seem to try too hard to get the others to like him, but Wow!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
And whoever heard of a bra fitting by "just looking at you" ? I will say bra fittings are very traumatic for me!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Reader, I wish the women hadn't been fighting so much so we could have seen it done and see if it did indeed work!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I have seen very few of these shows, but why is everyone so concerned that their hairstyles are similar.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
It's a wreck. The hairstyles are similarish but more different. Luann got the worst of it. Why does she open herself to this type of assault.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I know Bethany can be harsh, however I'm usually on her side. LuAnn irks me no end. Just because they both have short hair doesn't mean it looks alike. I think Bethany looks cute with the shorter hair. LuAnn with her problem with Carole dating her niece's ex-boyfriend is just ridiculous. Ramona should board her dog if no one is home to watch it, rather than having it poop all over your hostess's house.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ramona obviously can't be bothered to housebreak her. Sonja is the same.

I feel for Dorinda, her parties always go to hell in a handbasket. Ramona is also ridiculous about Luann dating Tom. Maybe Luann should look at the parallels to Carol and Ben.

The only people I get a sense that are real on this show are Bethany, Dorinda and Carol. And maybe Jules. The others are all front and phony. Especially Ramona. jmo

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
I agree with both of you. My favorite part of the show the other night was Carol and Jules hiding in the closet. I laughed, it felt good to laugh. :-) Lu used to be one of my favorites, but I think I was blind. I think we are seeing the real LuAnn. That was not a real apology she gave to Bethany.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Nope, she never is sincere in saying she is wrong. Don't know how I forgot this, but another appalling incident was her going on about her and Bethany's argument when Jules had more important things to tend, such as her seriously ill father. LuAnn was even interrupting her when she was speaking about it! Her so-called class! Huh?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yea! Could you believe that! Self aware much Luann. That was appalling behaviour from the queen of class.

I was catching up on Pocoma and one of the ladies did that usual housewives apology. "well I'm sorry if you were offended by..." Andy pointed out that it wasn't actually a real apology if you couch it that way. It's like saying sorry you were offended but I couldn't give a rat's ass really I'm just saying words.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
http://www.eonline.com/news/772950/real-housewives-of-new-york-city-s-jules-wainstein-s-husband-files-for-divorce

She was the only real housewife.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I had not thought about it, Terolyn, but she really was the only one that was still married on this show. When it first started I think Bethenny was the only one not married and now none of them are.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 3:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It was really painful watching Jules and her husband at dinner with Dorinda and John knowing what we know now. That dinner was only five months ago.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
"She was the only real housewife."

How real is a stay at home mom who flips out when her nanny quits even though she only has two kids and is left with her housekeeper to help her and plenty of funds to hire a new nanny. She can't make coffee and she feels her husband should do equal parenting even though she is the designated stay at home parent with people to assist her. I'm assuming her husband works hard and expects she will be in charge of the home front with the more than ample funds he provides. She acted a little entitled to me.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Real as in the only one who is technically a housewife - ie married with kids. The rest are single/divorced.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have a funny feeling with the way that nanny quit so suddenly without any notice or talking to Jules - she may have seen something between Michael and his girlfriend. Evidently the girlfriend was a good friend of Jules. His office is in the same building where they live. I got the impression that the nanny was very close to the children - very odd how she just upped and quit. Who does that these days?

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Oh, Terolyn, I got you! I wonder what percentage of the housewives are even married, and I wonder how many of them have been divorced since beginning the show.

Yes, Lexie_girl, the nanny situation is a little mysterious.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Friday, June 17, 2016 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
If the nanny had seen something you would think that Michael would be hurrying to find a new nanny for Jules. I hate to broad brush but when your husband tells you he's leaving his office, downstairs at 6:03 and doesn't show up until 7:15, that is kinda obvious, especially when he knows the car is coming at 7:00.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 17, 2016 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Maybe Michael doesn't know that the nanny saw something. Jules said that the nanny "suddenly" quit without giving an explanation. It is very possible she saw something and didn't want to be the one to tell Jules.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 17, 2016 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The girlfriend has been identified. She's a psychologist located in the Upper East Side.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
does anyone still watch this show. It had fallen off my radar and I notice there are no posts about it anymore. I wonder if the ratings are tanking?

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
I still watch it. It's one of my favorites. :-)

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
It's my favorite HW at the moment.