TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 02, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Little People; Big World: Archive through June 02, 2016 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 20, 2016 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I hope he does get or has gotten back on track, less bitter.. I hope it just something like he rejected the show, not the family.

That episode in the barn.. well it was surreal in that it was about the last season, mostly but they tried not to spoil the season or all the painful stuff that is included.

The woman who moderated was such a fan herself and the whole thing had to be great fun for those few fans who got to participate.

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
On one of the recent 'looking back' shows, the scene was from Zack & Tori's engagement party. The families were playing lawn darts and the camera flashed quickly on Jacob. He was sitting on top of the mule or on top of a go cart or something. A moment later we caught a glimpse of him standing with his arm around a girlfriend. This party would have been a year or so ago. Hopefully he's still involved with the family.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is pretty clear that he isn't participating as much but at least he was at the weddings.. Internet buzz was he claimed he wasn't being paid or should have gotten more, but also that there was drug involvement.. or lots of pot.

If you type in Jacob Roloff in a search engine you get hits like kicked out of school, estranged from family.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/little-people-big-world-money-scandal-jacob-roloff-reconciles-mom-amy/

Bu there are tons of estrangement articles out there..

And I can see where it probably was uncomfortable for him to be on the show and he certainly wasn't old enough to get out of it early on.. of course early on he didn't seem to mind so much but I imagine being a teen and maybe not giving TLC whatever they wanted in terms of plot.. was difficult. And also he went through some of those years with Amy and Matt at odds with each other and in the public eye.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
He might have been a problem child no matter what the family was doing. That happens.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
True..

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, May 23, 2016 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Jacob was always the odd child out by his parents.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
He posted this on Mother's Day this year:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFJ9oh8GLNV/?taken-by=jacobroloff45&hl=en

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
Read his message...kind of sounds like he's growing up.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
If Jacob is the one holding up the photo, he ferociously bites his fingernails.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying the new season. The last one of all the young people cooking Thanksgiving dinner was a hoot.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
What about Matt sitting at the table complaining that dinner was not at the exact time specified? And that time management is one of Amy's shortcomings.

He should be at my house for a holiday dinner....he'd really have something to complain about!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
While I wasn't happy with Amy's mouth in front of people (and her kids weren't either), I think she's had so many frustrating years it just comes out.

Matt.. how rude of him.. and he was working on making that point from the get go.. demanding a time for dinner.

For one thing, their kids did much of the cooking, so how was it up to Amy to ensure?

And really rude for him to just sit there at the table when two very gracious families, Aug's and Tori's, and his own kids (minus Jacob) were all there and interacting.. and yes, it wasn't "his" official home but he was still hosting.

Interesting that Amy and Matt each have a young dog and the dogs look to me to be related.

Anyway, lots of tension.

But I did like what the guys did.. first of all being loyal and hearing that they must consider their in-laws and each wanted to invite their parents, and then all of them were really flexible in coming together too.

Matt's bowling worked well and for once wasn't a gigantic project, at least.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 5:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I so wanted to shake some sense into Matt. Who died and made him king of the world?

Kathyb

05-17-2006

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kathyb a private message Print Post    
As far as I'm concerned, Amy's well out of that one.I think I would have split around the time Matt tore up the flooring the day before Thanksgiving with guests coming, or one of the many other times that he went ahead with some project without consulting with her.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Amy has indeed been very tolerant over the yrs of Matt! Did he ever help out with the domestic responsibilities of raising a family? Or, did he just complain, complain, complain.....that it was Amy's fault that their home was cluttered! Yes, Matt did have the visions to create "Rolof Farm" & all of the attractions that bring income to their family. He did involve the kids. But, why was the normal stuff that families have to do to survive all "Amy's"? I have never found Matt to be very likeable & I've always liked Amy & that has not changed!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Amy always reminded me of the type of person who wants to control things (the house her kitchen)and never would allow Matt to do anything in that realm. Yes he complained, who wouldn't. Amy was a pretty sloppy house keeper, had no real concept of "on time" or put things away-and she never instilled that in her kids- she let her kids run-a-muck in their messiness. I wouldn't have been able to live with her and obviously either could Matt. I'm not saying Amy is a bad person, she's not, she does a lot of good....but she's not good at keeping the house organized and she wouldn't let ANYONE help her. Does Matt have flaws, HECK YES but I'm just talking about my opinion of Amy. I'm surprised Matt stuck around as long as he did.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Matt's place is looking more cluttered than it did at first and with the kids gone, Amy's looks much less cluttered.

And the twins seem to have managed to be fairly uncluttered in their homes so far.

When they started the show Amy had four active kids, no one else was driving them around that we saw and she was working at least part time then she was coaching soccer.

And at some point when Matt had his DUI, she then had to do part of his driving.. can't remember if one of the twins had his license by then or not.

I'm cluttered but I wouldn't be on tv.. or I'd get a housekeeper probably.

But then I wouldn't have a camera crew around with my indoor cat.

Matt had BIG clutter.. involving entire buildings, lots of scrap lumber and other odds and ends.. he just has acres of room and lots of different vehicles for moving stuff around.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
When the show first began, I believe Amy was a pre-school/kindergarten teacher.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I hope none of you ever come to visit me while my daughter is still living at home. Her room...oh my! But I much preferred to not fight that battle so long as she was keeping her grades up and doing the things outside of school that I deemed important. It was really hard when I was living upstairs in the spare bedroom because I had to notice it a lot more but now that I am back downstairs in my own room I am just trying hard not to worry about it...it will be her college roommate's problem after August (and I will go into her room, organize to my heart's content and then close the door and go back downstairs...LOL!).

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
You have a great outlook on it, Roxip!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I probably omitted the part where I would cry while I do it...just don't anyone tell my daughter!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas show.

Connies

03-11-2010

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I know the youngest boy doesn't want anything to do with the show but doesn't it feel odd that they don't even mention him? The "whole" family together thing?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Jacob may not want his name mentioned and I can understand not discussing him at all vs actual having to explain his absence. It is interesting that the older children have no issues with the parents and are close to them.
It is bad enough that the divorce is such a prominent part of the show which is absolutely essential. Not missing Jacob much here on my part.
I do love Zach's confidence, relationship with his wife; it is hard enough for a man to have a wife mere inches taller. Love Audrey's red hair and her interaction with handsome Jeremy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I do love how the twins are with their respective mates and that Jer and Aug have done counselling and really work at their marriage and consciously discuss each night things that went well and things that bugged them and what they both seem to think about spending time as a couple before the kids come.

Jacob I think lives in LA with a girlfriend and reportedly has great bitterness about money and the show. He seemed to just hole up and play video games and reportedly is quite a devote of marijuana. Maybe he expected more money from the show than they were willing to give. Hard to say of course.

He did go through more of his growing up on the show and probably was there for more of the Matt/Amy friction after the others all moved out.

And he did have that head injury would could have affected his brain in ways we don't know. And I'm sure losing Mike Detloff was maybe hardest on him as Mike was quite a mentor to all the kids but especially to Jacob.

It is too bad that TLC feels they must work the divorce and the friction into every scene and then quiz them.. like clearly Matt was just being Matt and you know it is all about Matt when he had pictures taken with the kids but Amy could have either joined in or just said "my turn" and gotten pictures with the kids herself.

I completely understood how hurt she was when Matt had his big secret and wowed all the kids beyond what Amy had worked so hard to do.. I mean it was obvious that Amy and her friends on her foundation board had obtained specific wishes for each of those kids and bought very targeted gifts for each kid. That was just lovely.

I was glad that after Amy stomped off she caught herself and went back to making it about the kids and she could see that the kids got a lot out of what she provided AND what Matt provided too.

I wish he wouldn't be so cagey and defensive and at least try to share stuff ahead with Amy and hopefully she would learn not to squelch his idea (and vice versa.. he wouldn't refuse to even put a time limit on the amount of time he was co-opting.. she suggested a tour and he had to take it to extreme.. and it turned out well for the kids.