TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 10, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: So You Think You Can Dance: NG season 13: Archive through June 10, 2016 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
This is going to be cute.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It might be too cute. A little bit of cute goes a long way. And I cannot stand precocious children. Or Paula Abdul.

We watched the first episode and I'm kind of on the fence. Some of the kids were really good, but of course they had the little girl who cried and begged to be given another chance. How could they say no? I just don't think the pressure of a TV show like this is good for kids. Not sure how long we'll watch. If at all.

They took my favorite summer TV show and flushed it down the toilet. The fact that I'm the only one commenting on tonight's show is a bad sign.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
how far will Maddie be as a judge to Ava? Ava has been on a rival team for a few years. I know Maddie is friends with Sophia and prolly many others. .

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't watch any of those other dance shows, so I don't know who any of those people are. I just don't know what they were thinking. I keep thinking about all the adult dancers who didn't make it who they told to "come back next year," and then they do this. I'd be pissed. I wonder how the ratings were?

Florin

08-27-2006

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I am also curious how Maddie will react to Ava. Although I think most of the conflict was between Abby and Ava's mom rather then Ava and Maddie.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I went to the SYTYCD Facebook page. The comments on this season's format are overwhelmingly negative. What were they thinking?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have managed to avoid having to know who Maddie and Ava and Abby and Ava's mom are.. well I know kind of how Abby is and then she was a judge one night on DWTS, which was unpleasant.

So.. I have recorded but not watched and not sure I will.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think we're done. I saw somewhere (maybe on the SYTYCD FB page) that the ratings for last night's show were even lower than last year. I don't mind Jason Derulo, but can't stand Paula Abdul. I miss Mary Murphy. She was the heart of this show in past years. If I wanted to watch Dance Moms (which I have never had any desire to--I don't see the appeal of adults yelling at children), I would. This is not the show we all used to love. I'm done.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
This show has started? I honestly didn't know. I was just so turned off by the "junior" format that I didn't even give it a thought.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I recorded it and will give it a look. It just seems like a bad idea overall. too much pressure for kids. It's not like they can leave home and move to NYC and go on broadway. There are limited options for them. They need to finish school! :-)

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I tried really hard to watch but it is not for me. Maybe when the allstars come on. So disappointing!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I still haven't watched.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I don't watch the show but unfortunately I watched dance moms. And those kids don't go to school. The moms would take their kids out of school so fast if their kid got a gig on Broadway. Not all, of course- but many.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I know the kids home school and online school so they can dance, dance, dance. I guess my point is that there is such limited opportunity for a kid to do anything _now_ with their dance, not like a 20-something can. If you're an adult you can go perform in so many places and launch a career. I'm sure being on the show helped launch a lot of careers. So I agree with who stated above that it's a loss for all of those young adults who were hoping for their break on this show.

THe kids are fun in small doses, but really they just need to concentrate on having fun, growing up, and learning! :-)

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
If this "younger" version of the show proves somewhat popular, maybe they could alternate and do one season of "older" performers and one of "younger". Sort of like changing off coaches on The Voice only changing performers instead.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We met a family on vacation about 3 years ago. Their daughter was 13 and a dancer. She was looking forward to the day she'd be old enough to audition for SYTYCD. Well, now's she's 16, but now she's too old. So unfair!

If I wanted to watch children dance I would go to a dance recital. Or watch Dance Moms (which doesn't interest me in the slightest). They won't be able to do the level of emotional stories they've done in the past. As one poster on the SYTYCD FB page said, "No emmy nominations this year."

So sad.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I watched and it was kind of underwhelming so far.. I do like that they are sending them to training so that will help some of them I guess.

I think the show kind of jumped the shark awhile back I some ways.

And I miss Mary.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I liked Mary. I know some people didn't like her but I thought she was one of the best things about the show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't like Mary at first, but then she grew on me. She was the heart of this show. Paula Abdul can barely put a sentence together. I can't stand her.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Mary's absence is felt for sure. She brings a lot of heart to the show. Paula tries, but I just don't know that she's that bright. She always seems a bit sedated or something.
My daughter and I did watch and I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure week after week of kids dancing is going to hold our attention. I miss the young adults dancing. Some of these kids just seem too precious. I'm reminded of the young Hollywood kids who are stars and how many of them crash and burn.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
True, Mary grew on me but I miss her and the hot tamale train..

And good point about the kids. For one thing dance can be really hard on the body so encouraging them to push hard to compete at higher levels so young isn't necessarily in their best interest in terms of injury and wear and tear.

Gymnasts have been pushed younger and younger with some countries even falsifying records to get younger than legal kids competing (China, for instance) and pushing kids into those roles younger and younger. Tennis will have the very young phenoms and many are totally burnt out way too young.

This isn't like Master Chef Junior where cooking is something that can be done at any age (though some of the little chefs have trouble lifting some equipment, or reaching things)

Clearly some of the kids just love dancing and that's a good thing.

I have to wonder about popping and locking and similar styles.. what is that doing to those joints?

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Monday, June 06, 2016 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
I watched it last week for 30 min and was just bored. Turned it on tonight just in time to see some kid vomiting all over Paula. Why did they even show that! Switched to the Bachelorette. So sad as I used to love this show

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure some people enjoyed seeing Paula being puked on. lol.

They said next week is the last of the audition shows. Should get interesting when they get paired up with the all-stars.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The little girl was cute saying, "I hugged Nigel and then I hugged Paula and she just squeezed me too tight and all the happiness came out on her jacket!"

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, June 10, 2016 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Are the children going to dance with adult all-stars?