TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Vet Life

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Animals: The Vet Life users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This looks like a funny show, it's a Vet Hospital in Texas.

Can't wait to see this big snake, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Anaconda! LMAO, I just watched a scary movie that featured an anaconda.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know how you do it. I can't watch the vet shows anymore because they will always put in a really sad case that makes me cry.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I never knew that they did C-sections on dogs! But it made sense when the vet was describing how difficult the birthing could be for a French bulldog.

It was so cute seeing him hold her while he did the ultrasound.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So far this show hasn't had any sad things. These guys are pretty funny.

I know what you mean Naja about the sad cases, I have to switch channels when that happens. The other Vet in Denver always has something sad happening because he takes on everybody even if they can't pay.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched this one yet (have a couple of eps on my dvr) but certainly C Sections are pretty common. We had one because the mom had a uterine torsion.. where one horn of the uterus twists.. and if they went through labor they'd rupture.

and her granddaughter had two C Sections.

and just like with humans, since the baby or puppy doesn't go through labor they often come out needing more "waking up" and clearing out of the lungs and such.. since they haven't had the same stimulation.

Another one, who was co bred and owned with another breeder, when she was bred her owner panicked.. so I was elected at 3am to go help.. she was very early in labor but after she tried.. I could tell nothing was moving into the birth canal and I called it as probably a torsion. The guy's vet made us wait a couple of hours but after we brought her in he quickly pronounced that she probably had a torsion and needed a C Section (ya think?). He also banished me from the operating room but soon enough they were bringing pups to me to work on in the waiting room (it was a Sunday and the clinic was closed). Got all seven of them going nicely.

And some breeds have been tweaked by man so much that they really cannot have anything BUT a C Section, bulldogs being one.

Add to that that those same breeds often already have breathing problems to begin with..

But French bulldogs and pugs are so cute!

I guess I should watch.. the previews seemed like they might be too funny for my taste but I'll find out.

and sure there are sad parts of some of these shows but if it wakes some people up to take better care of their animals, or to stand up for animals, then so much the better.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Their last show they lost a baby goat, it was sad but they really worked hard to try and save that baby.

They are good guys, and they show some family stuff as well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thanks... they do seem like good guys.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 20, 2016 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that one doctor (Dr. Blue) seems to be trying too hard to be the funny smart-alec guy. I am trying to hang in there but he is a little too hyper for me - but sure love how he loves the animals.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 20, 2016 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like them and like their wives too.

But I agree.. too much "humor" and more than I need just about their families and home life.

But indeed they do love the animals.

I WAS a bit boggled by the work on the pregnant Frenchie. Expensive tests and you don't need to use an ultrasound to determine if a puppy is heading into the birth canal (or footing.. 40% of puppies present breech and in breeds where humans haven't distorted to create huge heads/shoulders the package of pup in sac is just fine either way).. you use your fingers.. you can also tell with experience if two pups are in a log jam as each comes down from each horn of the uterus.

They did a great and caring C Section but again.. it took forever to get those puppies breathing and crying and there was so much they could have done without a stimulant drug! You can hold a puppy securely and swing it to get fluid out of the lungs, stimulate by pinching toes, rub more vigorously than they were and use warm and cold water alternatively. Those things work! Even with a C Section.

And the ladies owning all those goats.. Try secure fencing over fancy gadgets.. they seemed so passive.. didn't seem to even know that doe was pregnant and ready to give birth. That was pretty sad. Glad the docs were able to save the mother at least.

But it WAS pretty cool that they could track the goats. I knew that was where they were going with it right away.

I do fear that other goats will chew on the collars, but maybe not.

Their practice seems so sparse and serene when compared to Dr K and Dr Jeff but that may be more about filming style and office layout.

LOVED the little guy in his cowboy hat and boots.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They had a show on tonight called Supervet, it was a British Vet show. I was laughing because they were trying to get a little dog to start using his front leg so they got "tights", LOL. The men were embarrassed to go and buy the tights.

The one vet said "I didn't say get the lacy ones", and "don't let the nurses see you with the tights", I was cracking up.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
These shows make me so emotional. So happy all the puppies made it!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Those little Rottie puppies were so cute - but those mini Australian puppies made me want to run out and get one!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, August 12, 2019 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So sad the son lost his bearded dragon.

OTOH, the parents who got stuck with the grown pig, who was squealing like crazy, was kinda funny.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: