TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 31, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through May 31, 2016 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Luvbbplayers-- I'd be interested to hear more about your Cousin on 60 Days In. He did not come across well at all on the show. Seems like he was afraid to admit that he was terrified to go back into lockup. I'm really enjoying 60 days in and still can't figure out why anyone would sign up for that. It looks SO SCARY!

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 4:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I'm also curious about Robert and if he really did think that it was a cake walk in that jail. It certainly doesn't seem that way to me!! I'm happy to finally see Zak and Isaiah talking..I'm so glad his mother came and grounded him again. I too was starting to worry about him. And Barbra continues to impress me at how well she has seemed to fit in. What a tough 60 days this must have been for all of them.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm impressed with how Barbra has endured in there. She's very young and immature and sometimes it shows, but she has done a good job of trying to get along and staying out of the drama. The older cop woman is a mess. Talk about a drama queen. She seems very hard to get along with and always looking for a fight. I don't know how they stand it in there. The boredom has to be relentless.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Robert was of no use to the Sheriff in that he spent 99% of his time in isolation! Barbra seems very involved with all the emotion and drama in her pod--why she is there in the first place is a puzzle to me. Maryum and Tami work in this area and its a good look for them to what happens in jail. I dont blame that one guy who wanted out because he afraid of violence, he was going to get hurt.
I hope after the show is finished, we see these people appear on a few talk shows, as it was from The Talk that I heard about the show in the first place.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's been utterly fascinating and a showcase to how ineffective and messed up jail is. At least in prison there is structure, education opportunity, jobs, activities. The overcrowding and boredom are just ripe for further bad behavior. I shudder at the thought of being locked up in there. The old adage is true -- if you're not a criminal when you go to jail, you will be when you're released.

And yes, Robert was a waste of their time, especially because he wouldn't be honest with them about his experience.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think Robert was living in lala land when he was in jail. He wanted to leave and be put in isolation for a reason we are not aware of. He knew he violated the jail's rules by covering a camera. He seemed to really enjoy isolation and when time came to go back into the jail population he developed pain. Was it real? We will never know but his last interview was crazy and the smile on his face crazier.
The reason for Barbara wanting to be there is because her husband is military and works hard for what they have. She felt that people who went to jail were free loaders and taxpayers were providing room/board, a roof over their heads and 3 meals a day. I stated before that all those criminals packed into one confined space with nothing to do is only asking for trouble.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Shahs of Sunset -- I am totally amazed at how Gonessa's friends think she should participate in all the physical stuff when she has the same disease as Meg from BB. She has RA, and it is painful to watch her try to do this stuff.

It is no wonder that she doesn't want them touching her all the time, her body hurts.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Did GG ever say in the earlier seasons if she inherited the RA from her parents? I can't even imagine how painful it is for her (and it will only get worse). I thought it was amazing that she did the Yellow Course last night on the show being as she just had her stitches removed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Lexie girl, I haven't heard her say how/when she developed it, but I think in the early seasons she mentioned it a few times.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
HWOFDallas - Wow, they had a real barbeque on a housewives show, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Outdaughtered - Did anyone watch this? It's about a couple who have quints. I really enjoyed it. The couple seem really sweet and are so cute with the babies.

I hope they are getting some help from their community, I know some family is helping, but I suspect they need some more help.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Darn, forgot to watch it.

I watched the first episode of Single Dad Seeking... on TLC, Sunday. I enjoyed in a lot.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
60 Days In was really good tonight and next week is the finale. Barbara and Isaiah got out. Zac had taken Isaiah under his wing before he left and wants to help him when they are both out but Zac doesn't know Isaiah was in the program and vice-versa. I hope Zac does mentor him. I also hope they do another season of this show.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I'm really enjoying 60 Days In. It's one of my favorite shows to watch each week. It's so fascinating. And I love that Barbara gave them a list of things they should do. I also loved to see her personal growth.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Friday, May 13, 2016 - 3:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched 60 Days In yet...I taped it last night, so will watch tonight. I have really been fascinated with this show, and like you Brenda, have just loved watching Barbara grow. I didn't think she'd last the first night, and she's impressed me the entire time. I hope that when this is over, Zac and Isaiah get to meet up and realize they were in the program together. I think Zac would be a great male role model for Isaiah. I do hope the sheriff can get some valuable information from this experiment.I'm giong to miss this show when it's over.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, May 13, 2016 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Barbara's transformation was amazing from puddle of tears to Pod boss in 60 days. I do hope that she does stay involved in the jail improvement process.

I am sure there will be a reunion with Zac & Isaiah (& all the other participants), I am thrilled that they found each other.

I was glad that all the participant cellmates didn't know each other & was sad when Tami "outed" Barbara (& herself). Even though I know it had to hurt, I was glad that Barbara rejected Tami. Tami would have been unbearable with just a little moral support.

I hope that Tami learns from Barbara's transformation, that you can be assertive without being aggressive. I was shocked but pleased that the female inmates seemed so willing to work together to create a more harmonious atmosphere but I think that's a feminine trait that won't quite translate to the male's side.

I think that the jail should appoint Pod bosses/trustees that would encourage positive behavior & give them special privileges. The fellow with the cell phone & "nothing to lose" just wanted to talk to his wife but created all this chaos & "criminal" behavior just by hiding the cell phone. If he had been given the privilege of talking to his wife in exchange for encouraging a harmonious Pod, things would have been so much different.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Friday, May 20, 2016 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I am really going to miss 60 Days In. Zac did an amazing job while he was in there and I'm so glad that he was able to learn so much. When they all reunited with their families I was crying right along with them. The aftermath show next week looks like it will be good.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 23, 2016 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did we have a thread for My Big Fat Fabulous Life? The show is starting up again in June.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Is anybody watching "First Impressions" on USA? It's so good!

It's a competition show for comedians that do impressions of celebrities. Dana Carvey is on every episode doing the critiques, and every week there is another celebrity next to him helping with the critiques. It's truly a funny show and some of these impersonations are incredible (but some are awful, too....LOL)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I watched a couple of eps and enjoyed it.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Me too. I haven't watched last nights episode yet.

I'm a big Dana Carvey fan.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Here are some potential new shows on Bravo.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/05/bravo-development-surprises/

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Good finale of "60 Days In". It has been renewed for a 2nd season and one of the volunteers is Zac's wife. It's obviously already been filmed because the inmates would hear about it otherwise. Isaiah has enrolled in college....good for him. Zac kinda had a clue Isaiah was a plant along with him. And....Robert was his crazy self. What a looney toon!!!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
60 days in -- Where is Robert's cousin?! I really want to know what he is like in real life. He came across as delusional. I'm honestly surprised he even showed up for the final taping, but maybe he had to in order to get paid.

And, wow, the security guard guy, Jeff, who got punched. He's delusional too. He was afraid he was going to hit someone? In what alternate reality would he ever punch someone? He has no idea how weak he is or how weak he comes across. He is a prime target for being picked on but he can't see it. He is the stereotypical bumbling inept security guard. I don't feel safer with him on watch!

What an interesting series this was. I so thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm glad to see a season 2. My recording cut off right at the end -- did they state an air date?

I could not believe the venom Barbara and the cop lady had for Mirium. It made them look bad that they wouldn't even listen to her apology or to her explanation. Just goes to show how high emotions run when you are locked in together. I wonder if the lady cop is looking at new career options. I hope she is able to turn her energy toward helping young women or teens.

Connies

03-11-2010

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching Outdaughtered? I think it is a cute show and the parents seem to have a awesome relationship that I think will survive the kids and the show.