TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 05, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway All Stars 2016: Archive through May 05, 2016 users admin

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Yeah... Sam was on Project Runway: Under the Gunn and was mentored by Mondo... so it's going to be interesting to see Mondo back this week. I HOPE and PRAY he doesn't get paired with Sam. Hopefully the other designers are aware of this and will snag Mondo before Sam can. (I'm assuming they will let the designers pick who they want to work with based on their placement last week... so Ken first, Sam last.)

I just checked Wikipedia about the Under the Gunn season and interesting tidbit... Zanna Roberts Rassi was a judge for the entire season... and Georgina Chapman was a guest judge 2x. I wanted to make sure Nina had no exposure to him... It could go either way... she could like whatever he creates... or loathe it. If she doesn't like it I don't think she'll be afraid to voice her opinion with Isaac.

Speaking of Isaac... there is an online petition to get him fired from All Stars... saying the last episode was enough is enough!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
One thing in Alyssa's favor.. she has said what she thinks of Sam's outfits, despite what Isaac says.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
WooHoo!! Dom and Kini in the Final 3!! Men and Sam had to do a last chance challenge on the the runway in 1 hr... and Ken won!!! Sam is out!!!!

Florin

08-27-2006

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I don't see how they could say anything positive about the outfit that Sam did on the last chance challenge. You could see how bad the dress was sown.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sam went out with class. I still dont understand how the judges could like the garments he sent down the runway but I wish Sam the best

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Shoot, I missed the beginning, sort of forgot it was on, LOL...so I don't know how Alyssa's look was this time.

Seeing what the stylists do to her weekly is almost as much fun as the designers.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What is vegan leather? Did I hear that correctly?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Her first look was a black dress or top... with a lighted sign scrolling the words Project Runway across it. The focus of the challenge is how technology has influenced fashion. The reward was getting their pattern they designed replicated on Otterbox phone cases.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well Alyssa is a little Boobish, but at least her hair and makeup look somewhat normal.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dom's outfit is really nice, I love the jacket and the dress really complements it.

Ken's look is nice, but I don't think it is really special.

Kini's is really cool, since I like it the judges will not like it.

Sam's is kind of weird, I don't get his obsession with the mesh, it didn't really seem to compliment the other prints.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Why do they keep talking about phone cases? Was that the assignment at the beginning? I did miss the beginning of the show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Man, I wish I had this one on tape. The Judges basically trashed Sam's outfit when they were deliberating, but IIRC, they told him it was great and fresh when they did the critiques!

I would like to go back and see what they said to him.

And thank God, they didn't decide to go ahead and take 4 to the finale.

OMG, they are going to have them make something aren't they. I wondered why the show was so long this week.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Cass cat, I couldn't figure out why they kept talking about the phone case. So now I have to go find out what Otterbox is, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I thought Sam's outfit was horrendous, that Jacket was a joke. How could they tell him it was really good?

Oh, well, at least they came to the correct decision and sent Sam home.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, April 29, 2016 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Dipo... Otterbox is a brand of very protective cell phone cases.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, April 29, 2016 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Finally!! Isaac got mad at Sam's use of the mesh!

I have to say that I think has grown the most from his previous season to now. He seems to have really learned a lot about himself.

Dom's already won... and this show favors previous winners... but I really hope either Ken or Kini win.

8 looks in 4 days... plus there's bound to be a twist thrown in there... doesn't favor Ken...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 29, 2016 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I love Ken this season, which is a turnaround because I detested him his original season. He says the funniest things...slightly catty but you can tell he doesn't have any malice behind them (okay, except when he went after Sam and said everything a lot of other people were thinking).

Sam's outfit was horrible but I did think his print was kind of cute and contemporary...but that mesh was ugly and neither of his garments was well constructed. I actually liked Ken's garment but that's probably because I'm older and more conservative. I loved Dom's print and think it was the most youthful and contemporary (wouldn't mind having an Otter box case with that print on it). Kini's was classic Kini...loved the pairing of prints on his outfit but thought the outfit wasn't that great...but amazingly well fitted.

Brief observation...all of these designers looked very short next to their models!

I thought Alyssa's outfits were the best she has worn this season overall. They were certainly the most flattering, and I loved her hair but thought her makeup was too harsh. In the runway segment her eye makeup was way too dark and didn't even look well applied.

Glad of the final 3. Not going to miss Sam at all, although I am proud that he apparently learned a lot this season.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, April 29, 2016 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Sam and Ken struggled the most with creating their print... What I don't get is WHY the designers don't come into the competition with several different prints already thought out.

When this challenge first appeared it was new and came as a great surprise to all the designers. However... now it is expected and part of the competition just like the unconventional challenge.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 29, 2016 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wasn't wild about Dom's graphic but liked her outfit. I think I'd have given it to Kini.

So relieved Sam is gone, but wow. Ken is right.. he almost handed it to Sam to be in final three.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 3:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Roxip, Ken probably went through some self-reflection after seeing himself on his first season. Tiffani from Top Chef and Kass from Survivor also went through the same thing after seeing themselves on TV.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Pretty much agree with everything said above so I'll try not to repeat things.

I would have given the win to Kini except for the fact that the winner was designing a cover for Otterbox and that is where Dom won the challenge. Not sure about her asymmetrical hem as it really distracted from the rest of the look.

I do think Sam's look was more fresh and new then Ken's but it just looked so poorly done. High school kids can sew better then him so he had lots of room to grow. His last-chance 'boobs-in-the-back' jacket was just awful and the dress wasn't any better. I think Nina's comment about his work being "effortless" was right on track = little effort indeed.

Very happy with the final 3 but yikes ~ four days to make 8 pieces? Talk about stress!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 5:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Gawd... the "boobs in the back" jacket was awful.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sam has improved, for sure, but not in sewing, but look at those who went home after Sam should have been gone and I wonder how much they could have accomplished in that time taken from them so Isaac could have someone around who flirted with him.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Not crazy about Kinis fabric choices. Do not like Dawns painted fabric. Maybe they will evolve by end of show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, lets see what Alyssa is wearing tonight. OMG, she look sort of normal for a change!