TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 29, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars - Season 22: Archive through April 29, 2016 users admin

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I would bet we will hear all sorts of apologies from Nyle about his arrogance, etc., next week. I'm sure they (he and Peta) will hear all the grumblings about what he said and she will make sure he shows a little more humility. At least I hope we hear something.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Next week is going to be real interesting with the double elimination- I fully suspect at least one of them to be unexpected. (Really, there's not much between any of them, and no real odds-on favorite right now)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
*Sigh*--Antonio...when he smiles...*sigh*

He was so good and did I mention his smile??? lol

Rupertbear, I was just telling my hubby that Antonio has a "million dollar smile." He is a handsome guy and really took his dancing seriously this week. He was a joy to watch.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Ahhhh...someone else who has noticed!! lol

He get's this twinkle in his eyes too, along with the smile and I could just watch him dance forever, Babyjaxmom.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Nyle...never expected that from him.

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch her seasons as a pro (so I don't know if she was liked or good), but Emma Slater gives some good insight on DWTS in her blog. I always like reading different perspectives on the dances. When I find Carrie Ann's I'll post it.
https://hollywoodlife.com/2016/04/26/doug-flutie-eliminated-dwts-week-6-emma-slater-blog/

Seamonkey, Witney denied that rumor. How do people (not you specifically) get that stuff? It is ridiculous.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
My take on Nyle - I agree with Looky-Loo why did abc air that? Is he being difficult in rehearsal?

But for me, the bigger picture, it is a lost in translation - he's deaf, he lives in the Deaf Culture, we do not. I have visited, I have seen struggles, joys and triumphs, but it is a silent world, and being a silent world, they do not get social clues the rest of us do - from the time we are born we hear things, see things, do things based on a part of our hearing what happens to others. The Deaf do not. It is just different. If I try and fit in to the deaf world, it is just that "trying to fit in". I do not - and more importantly, neither does my hard of hearing son - he fits in neither - and trust me he makes huge mistakes in both worlds. It's not something you can explain or understand.

I don't feel sorry for Nyle, he is learning a lesson, whether he's able to take it in - I don't think so, I don't think he meant it as it is being perceived. I think he found a joy and that was infectious, but like many say once you're on top people try to knock you down... But I just don't know. Just thought I'd share some of my thoughts - it's not easy for any of the celebrities, and I am enjoying this season.

I think tptb will always look for drama as drama sells.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I'm on the Antonio train. Being a Steeler fan makes his smile and twinkle a bit brighter. I think he was a little cocky a few weeks back but his scores from Len and Maks last week gave him a wake up call to concentrate more on his dancing and less on his ego.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Why did they air the negative Nyle stuff? ABC/DWTS probably thought the show was getting boring and predictable with Nyle being the very obvious winner. So they decided to stir it up a bit.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
True, Jag...the guy has really brought it up a notch since last week and it's good to see he's taking it more seriously, realizing that his charm won't get him that far.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
ok, I watched the show and did not get one ounce of Nyle being arrogant. I think he was just being confident with some silliness. He took the criticism very well. I think Len should have not said what he said about the Nyle's package, come on Len the guy was not being serious.

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
Here is a list of the dances the couples will be doing and which iconic songs they have. Also the themes of the two group dances:
http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Scoop-DANCING-WITH-THE-STARS-on-ABC-Monday-May-2-2016-20160427

The only problem I have with this (and I am being fairly nitpicky) is that if they are doing iconic dances, shouldn't they reference the original versions of the songs? CCR wrote and performed Proud Mary first.

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
Someone wrote a blog about what it was like to be in the live audience of the show. It was an interesting read, so I thought I'd share. :-)

http://lightscmemories.com/vip/dancing-stars-live-studio-audience-41816-dwts/

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Looking forward to reading them. Thanks Texasgirl!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Reader and others.. why did they air it? Because they wanted us to do what we are doing... talk about it!

Texasgirl, they just make things up at times or sometimes they predict and later it comes true, but they really didn't KNOW.. or sometimes they did. Tabloids.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I'd also like to add another thing that really bugs me - Nyles Interpreter is off to the side - so Nyle watches his interpreter - NOT the judges, the judges talk, you could get clues from that, but it is what it is.

Sea monkey - thank you, it is more for ratings just wish they'd listen to me!! (lol, just being silly of course!)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately, Nyle's interpreter also seems to have an arrogant tone when he speaks. Since he is Nyle's "voice" I don't think that helps Nyle. There is no way for us to hear the tone that Nyle may want to use.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Well, I was surprised by his comments but he did have a big grin when he was saying what he did, so I think it was a joke that got lost in the 'translation' and just went splat. Plus, Len is very old school English, so even a hint of arrogance, even wrongly perceived wouldn't fly with him.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
I think the grin was just more of his arrogance. Also, if his interpreter has been with him for a long time, he probably knows Nyle very well and can 'interpret' the feeling being conveyed.

The Val remark and then his answer to Carrie Ann about maybe it's a professional behind the mask leads me to believe the praise has gone to his head. I'm sure it will be walked back on Monday...

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
According to some reports, Misha Barton is now dating Artem. Apparently, he has been pursuing her and she finally agreed to a date. Who would've thunk that !!

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
I know, it's just so ridiculous! Have you seen how the are blowing up the Nyle thing? Apparently Val is "furious" with him. Tabloids, indeed.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, April 29, 2016 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Val has been tweeting supportive positive stuff about and to Nyle. So the negative stuff is baloney.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 29, 2016 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Nyle was great and supportive to everyone on ANTM. He was confident, but not arrogant.

I always got the feeling that Max and Val really liked Nyle. So, while I have nothing to support this, I suspect that, at some point, Max (hanging around because of Peta) was telling Nyle that he could be as good as Val. Sort of a brotherly dig about Val. In the clip I saw, Nyle appeared to me that he was trying to make a joke about being as good as Val, but it may have been taken out of context because of the language barrier. It's got to be hard to fit into situations when you are working through an interpreter.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Friday, April 29, 2016 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I read on Gossip Cop that Artem & Misha aren't dating...so yeah, we have to take this all with a grain of salt.

P.s. I still think too, that Nyle was trying to be funny, not arrogant.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, April 29, 2016 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I'd be shocked shitless if Artem and Misha were actually dating. She really seemed to get on his last nerve and he was fried from dealing with Ms. Neurotic Diva.