TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 11, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars - Season 22: Archive through April 11, 2016 users admin

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I'm always surprised with the show! Without Derrick, I'm always thinking, wondering how different a celebrity would do!

I like this season. I didn't know who Wanya was! Last week I really enjoyed his dance! I was amazed. This week, I did like his dance, but I have to say, I wish it wasn't the National anthem, but it's not like it offended people

Oh I also want to remind people that Doug Flutie was a backup QB for the Chicago Bears, I'm sure Doug would like to forget it, Mike Ditka gave him the name "Bambi" ( he really did like Flutie)

With Nyle, he is able to show so much passion and I know some of his expressive - ness is due to ASL for 4 generations! I do love the positive roll models that are highlighted. It's not easy being deaf in this world, and I love how he rises above.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
We had a power outage last night at 6:30. Power came back around 4am today. I said, "not on DWTS night!!!"

Doug's story killed me. Jodie made me cry too. I loved Nyle. He just has a natural flow as a dancer that is amazing. So many enjoyable performers this year and I loved Antonio's son.

Mischa ticked me off in her package when she told Artem it was HIS responsibility to make this an enjoyable experience for her and he just didn't "get" it. Really????

Wanya is such a joy. I loved Tom's quip to Len that he was still upset about losing the colonies.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
During Nyle's package I was wondering if the interpreter ever has trouble with terms or expressions Peta uses. It reminded me of something interesting my cousin told me. She has studied and teaches ASL. She mentioned that when she first got into it she found it surprising that just as there are different dialects throughout the country, there are different signs throughout the country as well. A particular word may be signed differently in the East or South versus the West. And so many different signs for slang words regionally as well. Pretty interesting.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Mischa ticked me off in her package when she told Artem it was HIS responsibility to make this an enjoyable experience for her and he just didn't "get" it. Really????

Behavior like that is going to get her a bad reputation in the entertainment industry. Won't do any good for her "career". She'll just be passed over.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
During Nyle's package I was wondering if the interpreter ever has trouble with terms or expressions Peta uses. It reminded me of something interesting my cousin told me. She has studied and teaches ASL. She mentioned that when she first got into it she found it surprising that just as there are different dialects throughout the country, there are different signs throughout the country as well. A particular word may be signed differently in the East or South versus the West. And so many different signs for slang words regionally as well. Pretty interesting.

Apart from the movie Children of a Lesser God, the first role I remember Marlee Matlin in was a TV series Reasonable Doubts. When I first heard about it I could not imagine how she could play a regular role in a TV series. She's deaf??!! She did and I loved the show. Good actress. The series goes back to the early '90s. The same interpreter has been with her since then. He was written into the show as the character needed an interpreter, but he "disappeared" in the scenes.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Has Mark always had the neck tattoos? Never noticed before when he wears shirts. Not a fan of them.

Robinm

01-31-2006

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Robinm a private message Print Post    
No he did not have them the week before. It looks like he got them while off injured or they are fake for the dance they did Monday night.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I think they were fake and just for the routine.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I hope so. That neck tat was ugly.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
True, Mame...(and the man-bun...they drive me more crazy than tatts! lol)

I just keep wondering how these people are going to look in middle age and older with droopy tatted skin (and those ear lobe hole thingies! :P)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
(and those ear lobe hole thingies! :P)

They're called gauges. UGH!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
As for the man-buns, they make me laugh, cuz they remind me of sumo-wrestlers, the only thing missing are the giant diapers!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I never thought about the tats being fake. I sure hope so.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Color. I keep getting told they're called gauges, then I keep forgetting, probably cos it's something I don't really want to think about. lol

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, those were fake tattoos. He didn't have them in the practice footage. Thank goodness. I didn't find them attractive at all!

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
If anyone is interested, Carrie Ann writes for Access Hollywood every week and gives her opinion on the dances. I guess why we always see her writing in a journal (for lack of a better word) before the comments begin.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/articles/carrie-ann-inabas-dancing-stars-season-22-blog-week-3/

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Texasgirl. I enjoyed her take on Monday night's show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Interesting blog but my goodness.. she must have dictated it and whoever typed it up made a mess of the ballet terms.. grand battle ma for grand battement, ron de jams for rond de jambe ..

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Mischa and Artem exit interview. She isn't very eloquent

http://www.accesshollywood.com/videos/mischa-barton-reacts-to-her-dancing-exit/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah... like.. yeah.. (you know)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 4:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah....

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 5:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah... like... with accompanying scowl.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, April 11, 2016 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Antonio did a wonderful job and his eyes just---sparkle!!! lol