TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 11, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: Archive through March 11, 2016 users admin

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
That article was very interesting. At least the author seems to understand that she was used by her parents. The Duggar kids just seem to accept their lot in life. I have a friend who resented her parents because they waited until she was seven and proceeded to have six more children. They admitted that they wanted a large family but needed an older one to help. Now that they are all grown, she is the outsider. As if she was their servant who now has another job.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm continually amazed at how horrible people can be. Maybe I'll get used to it eventually.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Mamabatsy, that is so atrocious and sad! When children are used in that manner, they are robbed of their own childhood.

Hmmm, I hope not, Jim. Then you would have become truly jaded.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, if you donated to the missionary work with Jill, you can get a refund.
ill Duggar & Derick Dillard Refund Donations After ‘Fake’ Missionary Accusations — Fans Funding Vacation?
However, despite claiming that they were going on a long-term mission trip, the Dillards have already returned home for a month-long hiatus — only two months into their trip! What’s more, The Inquisitor reports, the family has yet to do any missionary work in the name of their own charity, Dillard Family Ministries, instead paying a standard fee to work with another charity instead!
I don't really understand about paying a fee to work with a charity. Well, they are registered with the IRS, too bad the IRS had their investigatory budget cut. Can't catch as many crooks with less investigations.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
What a wonderful episode with the birth of Jessa's and Ben's baby boy. It was lovely seeing the family have some happiness.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
It doesn't require a large family. It was made clear to me that I was had 10 years earlier than my 2 siblings as I was to be their caregiver and housekeeper.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Sometimes you are not told you were had in order to be the caregiver, you are just assigned that role because of having been born earlier. I actually spoke about this with my mother over Christmas. She said she babied the younger ones because they were her "babies". It blows to be the older kid.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I know exactly what Jen and Reh mean. I was 13 years older than my baby brother. There went my summers and after school activities. But by the time I had my first child I sure knew how to take care of him.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
My DDs were 10 & 7 when my son was born. Neither DD was planned but the son was. My husband & I were very young & we both worked outside of the home & paid daycare for 2 kids. Trust me, that was hard! There would have been no way we could have handled a 3rd child under our circumstances at that time. We always knew that we wanted another little one & we knew when the time in OUR lives was right to do that. The fact that the precious daughters that we already had might be of help in raising our new baby never occurred to us. Then, as my pregnancy become noticeable, these DDs got really excited. We included them in any & everything we could concerning the pending birth. I'll never forget coming home from the hospital after my son's birth & walking into the house & my 10 yr old saying, "now, give me MY baby"! She, especially was always voluntarily helpful with her brother. When my younger DD turned 13 & I needed an evening or weekend babysitter, I would let her have 1st dibs on making the babysitting $$. Yep, I would pay her what I would pay any babysitter. It was always her call though. I always had another sitter I could call & she knew this so it was always her choice. She always liked having her own money that she worked for. Both of my DDs were very much in demand paid babysitters in our neighborhood. Both DDs developed a work ethic & had outside part time jobs through high school. My DDs had a level of independence & knowledge of the "real" world that IMO, the Duggar gals have been denied. It is a shame.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's a wonderfully balanced perspective.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Yes, it is, Texasdeb. It's great that you seem to have loved all of your children equally.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That seems very fair. Of course family members have tasks and chores that aren't paid but it is wonderful when they also can be compensated for performing a valuable service and certainly would be the ones you'd want to trust with your little one.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
From people.com baby Spurgeon Seewald:

http://www.people.com/people/gallery/
0,,20967540_30433304,00.html#30416026

Such a little darling.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
He looks adorable when he's smiling. Love his little sweaters.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
My mother told me and everyone else she could talk to that she had her babysitter and house cleaner first. So, I was definitely told, didn't fall into the role. Also protected the babies from her beatings and took the beating instead. Life is not all peachy keen for everyone. I'm a survivor and happy to be one.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I am so sorry, Jen.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
((((Jen))))

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
(((((Jen)))))

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 19, 2016 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The Duggars were spotted filming their TV show again. So I guess they'll be back soon.

http://www.etonline.com/news/182538_
the_duggars_coming_back_to_tv/

Sketcher

02-17-2016

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sketcher a private message Print Post    
A promo was shown during "The Little Couple" last night... So it's true!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
It starts in March. It's more of the married girls, Jill and Jessa.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 09, 2016 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Jill and Jessa Counting On starts Tuesday the 15th on TLC. I'm really looking forward to seeing how/what they are doing now. I enjoy them.

Connies

03-11-2010

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I am looking forward to it too. I do not hold the kids responsible for what has gone on in the family, I look forward to seeing how they are doing and following their story.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto what OG & Connies said. ALSO, they were the victims not the perp.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 11, 2016 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Jessa gets more beautiful as she gets older and more comfortable with herself.