TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 26, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Top Chef - California : Archive through February 26, 2016 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 12, 2016 - 1:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Oh my Phillip was certainly a special case this week. I guess every poop he made was praised to high heaven by his parents and everything he did afterwards because now he feels perfect, too bad the judges have bad taste buds.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, February 12, 2016 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Yippee!!!!

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Friday, February 12, 2016 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
Of course Phillip didn't hear anything negative about his team's dishes when he was maitre d, he was too busy tooting his own horn.

I'm so glad he's gone!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, February 12, 2016 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I had to go on the Bravo site to match photos and names..............YIPPPEEE and it's Friday !!!

Marej

09-19-2002

Friday, February 12, 2016 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
Yes!!!!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 12:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Just realized Jag let us know he lost LCK as well ~ Thank you Jag for that wonderful news!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 5:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
So who is still in LCK?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Jason

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I wa talking about top chef on another board and some one said Phillip is probably complaining bouet t he judges on a blog somewhere, so I googled - and there it was.
Top Chef's Phillip Frankland Lee explains why the judging wasn't fair
he really thinks there was nothing wrong with his food and the judges never criticized his food, just told him to leave and all the other contestants said the judges hate him (I could see them pranking his whining ways by saying it)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL.. I knew there would be grand celebrations going on here.

I was really disappointed in that entire team, though.. as the judges pointed out they were certainly not a team and seemed to be working not to win as a team but to not lose as an individual.

Kwame was so rude and dismissive of suggestions.. bugged me and he had been one of my favorites!

And sadly for me I think these judges, who I've always liked, all three seem to be getting more and more cynical and snippy about things.. I've noticed this before this season but more this season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That said, probably best that Phillip is gone and I guess he's confident if nothing else..

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Sea, I agree about the losing team. What a mess. I really thought Jeremy might be eliminated for his huge error as executive chef (ignoring all patrons in favor of the judges) and his disastrous risotto. Kwame seemed to have "checked out" during the whole challenge.

I'm glad to see Phillip out of there though. I would try to give him some leeway at times thing that he is just over-excited and young, but he would end up crushing that with his attitude. I still can't believe he doesn't understand that the judges didn't like the taste and concept of many of his dishes. Wait, yes I can. Ha!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
All so true. I just wanted him to shape up and lost the 'tude. And some of the big time chefs have said that you do need an attitude and they have it too.. but exhibiting it in a situation like this? Not so great. And would also not be so great if most customers gave feedback and you kept ignoring that.

Really some of the stuff they cook, and that the judges seem to reward, just doesn't sound palatable to me and I don't give a rip what is in style at the moment. I guess I'm not into pretentious food?

Like that ad that shows a couple being served a plate of moving tentacles, which loom large in the camera shot. NO THANKS!

The fourth member of that team, I think he is Hispanic? Anyway he is local here and so our paper has been following him.. I have to be careful to avoid spoilers, in fact, since they feature him each week, so far with him staying. In fact this week I knew he made it through despite the team losing, so when Kwame was safe and Jeremy was safe, I knew Phillip was the one to go of the two remaining and I was spoiled that their team lost.

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Monday, February 15, 2016 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, what day of the week does the Register profile Amar. I really like him and have not seen anything in the paper about him; however, I only get the paper Thursday-Sunday. I was scared he was going to get cut. I don't think the judges knew what Jeremy did and how it negatively affected his team. I would really love to go to Amar's Laguna restaurant sometime.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 1:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Um.. I am not sure.. a day after, or two?

I will p o st next week when they cover it.. won't spoil it.. I usually try not to read it since I often watch later in the week.

I only have today's paper here.. I went to the shelter Sunday and I always bring my papers there for the bunnies.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kellsma. Amar Watch column in today's Register.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Spoiler:
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
Karen (pink hair) was eliminated and lost in LCK.
Jason has won 4 LCK's in a row.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jag!! I'm only part way through the episode and was hoping to find out who went home. Thought Kwame was cute with Padma tonight...

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, February 19, 2016 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Finished watching this morning. Really thought Phillip could have benefitted from hearing some of the judges comments regarding restraint and editing. Amar said something to that effect earlier this season... That young chefs learn these lessons from their head chef. That Phillip didn't benefit from that because he started opening restaurants at such a young age. Perhaps he could have benefited from some more guidance.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kwame was back to being likable again :-)

There was an article in the Register on Friday that actually spoiled this before I watched so I know Amar was safe again. And that he finally won a challenge.

I was in Laguna today but not sure where his restaurant is. Met some people at Hotel Laguna where we had a table outside looking over the beach and ocean.. even got to see a wedding take place on the sand below us.. complete with a big black Labrador who was the ring bearer, though by the time we saw him his satin ring pillow was rakishly hanging on the side of his neck..

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
no no NO - please kill you lobsters before twisting off their tails. a pin in the head is the humane way to do it.

ha ha anybody but Phillip, my thoughts exactly

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Wellm, don't want to spoil it for anyone but the minute he said something< knew he was gone. I have to not read now until I watch last chance kitchen

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Elimination and LCK spoiler:
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
Kwami was eliminated and Jason won LCK again. I'll miss Kwami and I'm sad to see him go. Didn't see the show yet.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
but who on this show would do frozen waffles? that was an instant spoiler to the end.

Florin

08-27-2006

Friday, February 26, 2016 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I knew the minute he bought the frozen waffles he was going to be sent home unless someone really did bad. They judges will almost always nail someone if they buy product that could have been homemade.