TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 25, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: The Little Couple: Archive through February 25, 2016 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Of course, I can't say for anyone else, but my experience has been that my views about parenting have changed since having kids of my own. I didn't think that would happen.

However, I also still think that there are people out there who don't have kids who probably would make a lot better parents than some people who are parents.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
FWIW I don't have kids either. IRL I am more comfortable around the elderly than children. For the past 8 years I've been a volunteer advocate for the frail elderly and their families.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I totally agree about how things change when you have children. I think we all have seen kids with parents and said I would never do that or let that happen and then you have kids. Changes everything! I had people tell me that they would never let their kids do things that I let mine do or they would never let things happen and then I saw them have kids and guess what? Changed!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Same for me Jimmer. Being a parent has changed me in ways I never could have imagined. I'm hoping they are changes for the better. IT has also changed how I view other parents, in some ways for the worse, but hopefully more for the better. Bottom line I think is that it changes many of us, dramatically.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
From my point of view Jen is the "stronger" parent and Bill is the more "fun" parent. Both children listen fairly well to both Jen and Bill but I notice that when Jen says something the kids don't hem and haw like they do sometimes with Bill ...but that's generally how things work in families that have decided to be parents.

Again, these kids are so fortunate to have such loving parents. Jen and Bill really knocked it out of the park. They've come so far....and it's due to the fantastic parenting by both mom and dad.

It couldn't have been easy.

Oh on the mini me- I don't think it's unusual for a mom to play mini me nor is it unusual for a dad to want a mini me.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
ITA Lil. :-)

Martyc

05-09-2011

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Martyc a private message Print Post    
You can't fake the loveable interaction between the parents and the kids. You can tell they spend a lot of time together and to me it all seems so natural for the kids. That leads me to believe that this is just they way their lives are all of the time.

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I don't think Jen was going for a mini me at all. She lost her hair during chemo, it came back in dark, she used to be blond so went there and has decided to go natural. Which of us haven't been there done that. Jen admitted years ago that she is nervous on TV. I think she still is. Yes this show is scripted to show cute interesting things. That is why we enjoy it. All reality shows are scripted to some degree as well. The effort they have put in to making these children comfortable and in a loving home have been remarkable. Judging how happy and loved the children are, I think they have succeeded.

Sketcher

02-17-2016

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sketcher a private message Print Post    
It's not "natural"; Jen stated that she decided to go dark (interestingly, since she was all about being blonde before). The dye job turned out TOO dark (she really doesn't have the coloring for it; she's a natural "dirty blonde," not a brunette), so she had them lighten it a bit.

I can see I'm all alone here as the lone Klein critic... ;)

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I've been following this thread for the past few days and have found all of the posts an interesting read. Actually, very entertaining and somewhat enlightening.

Sketcher, I appreciate your fresh input on The Little Couple, thanks! I hope you continue to post here and on other threads.

I am a fan of Bill, Jen, William and Zoey and always wish them well.

Tmagicsaq

03-26-2004

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tmagicsaq a private message Print Post    
I don't have anything to be critical about, I am not living their life, I only see part of their life so I can not begin to judge them on anything. I have not read anything I do not like, I am not offended by some of their views. I like what I see so far. I do not see Jen as a inept parent at all and I think Bill is fun.
I don't care what color her hair is, I don't care if the house is huge, I don't care if they get paid for this show..
I don't think they are hurting anyone or anything by having the means to do and have what they want.
I just don't see the same issues.
By no means am I saying your are wrong.. We all have different views about things. It is always good to hear others thoughts and views.
Makes for interesting conversation :-)

Sketcher

02-17-2016

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sketcher a private message Print Post    
I think so, too. It can get rather boring when everyone agrees or sees everything the same way. As long as the differences of opinion are respectful, it's all good. Thank you!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have lots of opinions about raising children, and agree with Jimmer that being a parent doesn't automatically mean you are a good one, but I also realize that the vast majority of parents know more about it than I ever will. I like kids and have met some great TVCH kids along the way but I'm not sharing a home or wifi with them ;) I'm not feeding and educating them and I definitely haven't adopted them or had to try to keep my heart beating while they are hurting or in surgery.

But it looks to me like these two are doing a great job. Of course the kids aren't teenagers yet!

Will and the Lion Dancing was fun! I love Jen's boots!!

As for hair, BILL seemed to be blondish as a baby but then later pics show him with REALLY dark hair, like his mom. And now he colors or bleaches it (as in has that done). Jen's childhood pictures do seem to vary from brown to blonde.. as do her adult pictures vary, long before Zoey.

I'm enjoying the show from last night right now :-)

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
When her hair started growing in after chemo, it was brown.

Sketcher

02-17-2016

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sketcher a private message Print Post    
Like most natural blondes (if you look at her childhood pics, you'll see that she's a natural blonde), her hair darkened with age so, yes, her natural color is a dishwater blonde or light brown. However, she deliberately had her hairdresser dye her hair dark. Not that this is the most important point of last night's show...

Tmagicsaq

03-26-2004

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tmagicsaq a private message Print Post    
I deliberately dyed my hair so now it has blond and blue/teal and my natural brown (and I often color my hair to take the place of my now natural grey).. not sure how changing her hair color makes her a better or worse parent/person?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm looking at her pictures in their book.. she went back and forth blonde/brown..

Heck I pay good money every 7 weeks to have bleach and now a bit of color .. with lots of foils involved.

I think I'm still an okay person.

I agree it wasn't important and I don't think anyone has ever even brought it up before until now.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Sketchers, you are not alone! I like the Klein family. They are a charming bunch, but they are not perfect. The kids can be a bit bratty from time to time. Bill is witty, but it is obvious when he's reciting his lines. I love their home .... This is the reason I started watching in earnest. I wonder who their builder was?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
My daughter dyed her hair to reddish brown for years and years. One summer when she didn't have to teach summer school, she let the dye grow out and had the salon match the roots to go natural. When school started again EVERYONE complained that she shouldn't dye her hair anymore since that dark color just didn't suit her. Now she's back to having it done and everyone is now happy that she's back to her "natural" color.

It's hard nowadays to tell what color a person's hair should be. Unless they're like me, a mixture of gray and white.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I was born with blond, blond hair. It got darker over the years. Then I discovered hair color and from my early 20's to now at 57, I have been dark dark brown, light brown, red, blond, brown with blond highlights, blond with brown highlights. My daughter had dark dark brown hair as a baby, and I colored mine to match. Now I am blond, brown and gray! LOL
Not sure what hair color has to do with wanting to be rich and famous.

Sketcher

02-17-2016

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sketcher a private message Print Post    
I simply made the (I thought harmless) remark that Jen made another move toward the "mini-me" look with Zoey by dying her hair dark, following the "mini-me" cut on Zoey. I think that was all Jen's idea and Bill just took the fall for it when fans recoiled in horror from it. I didn't say dying hair was right or wrong, although -- personally -- I'm too cheap and lazy to bother. Interestingly enough, in a 2013 rerun shown just yesterday (I DVR them), Bill said Jen's hair was naturally "somewhere between a blonde and sort of a mouse brown blonde; she's gonna kill me, haha!" She prolly did.

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
She may have the color hair that lightens up in summer and darkens in winter. Mine is like that. I was a tow headed blonde as a kid. Winters I got darker. Now at 60 my natural hair is darker blonde to lightish brownish and I have gray, but you can't see it at all. It's very weird. People still think I color it, but I don't at all. I always joke about getting darker instead of gray as I age....lol

Sketcher

02-17-2016

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sketcher a private message Print Post    
She may. But she very deliberately requested dark hair at the hairdresser's. When it turned out not to look good because what she requested was TOO dark (at which point she called Bill to get his input), she had it lightened somewhat before leaving. It's still fairly dark for her.

Between forcing the tea party on her to buying mommy-and-me clothing and insisting she loves horses (what kid doesn't?) and that she's going to be a doctor to the statement, "Just wait till Zoey gets here" when remarking on Will's close bond with Bill, it's clear Jen has always been determined to have a mini-me daughter in Zoey.

Whose name she had picked out before they married, by the way. Granted, Bill does a lot of the "Will is just like me" stuff, but it's true in their case, whereas I think Jen is forcing it.

I personally like the pixie haircut on Zoey -- it brings out her eyes and suits her personality -- but I'm not generally a fan of the "mini-me"isms.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Fans "recoiled in horrer"?? Over a change in hair color?

Dillybean, that is what it looks like from the pictures in their book.. Jen with brown hair in many as she grew up but beach pictures with blonde hair and she always did love the beach.

I must have missed a lot of apparently sinister things Jen has done or said.. I'm a bit baffled, to be honest.

I will say that it isn't at all unusual for people who lose hair to cancer treatment to then experiment with style and color. I've seen it countless times with six years worth of cancer patients I've been involved with. A current patient has been sporting purple hair for a few months, starting with a crewcut as her hair grew out from stronger chemo and now her hair is longer than mine (which is similar to Jen's in length).

Sketcher

02-17-2016

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sketcher a private message Print Post    
No; over Zoey's pixie cut.

I don't know about "sinister," but I find Jen's personality to be more complex than would appear on the surface and, as a student of psychology, fascinating. I'm more of a thinker than a feeler, so while most viewers are happy with the "feel good" aspect of the show, I always prefer to probe below the surface of human behavior as seen on modern reality TV shows.

And, frankly, anyone who puts their lives -- and their children's lives -- on display for money opens themselves up not just to praise and admiration, but also potentially to challenges, questions, and even criticism. Hope that's okay.