TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 07, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Home Improvement: HGTV - Remodeling and other Shows: Archive through March 07, 2015 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I thought that desk was really cool and granted the drawer being carried away wasn't that practical but I loved it anyway.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I just thought the show had significantly less Ellen than I'd expected.

Seattlemom

05-10-2005

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seattlemom a private message Print Post    
Dipo I also thought the wrong one went home! The other wall hanging type box that the woman made I thought was worse than his as hers had the narrow shelves!

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The minute they announced Chip Wade (who has a great show), I knew who was set up to be the final winner.

Foolscap

09-04-2004

Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Foolscap a private message Print Post    
Maybe this show has already been discussed, but if anyone's particularly interested in furniture making, there's another show called "Framework". It airs Tuesday on Spike and is the same format as most of these types of competitions. I think they're already on the third or fourth week.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Foolscap, I thought I had seen another show but couldn't place it. I really liked it and just came upon it, as a rerun I think, so didn't really know when it was officially on.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I watched some of Ellen's show, but there was one woman designer was being so snarky with the carpenter, so I changed the channel.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, January 30, 2015 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
That snarky designer will not last long. Sorry she wasn't the one that left.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Has anyone looked up any of the designers to see their sites? The snarky designer Leslie has an awful website for her company.

Tim, western furniture heritage, I want all of his pieces . Absolutely gorgeous.
http://westernheritagefurniture.com

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, February 02, 2015 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
who won? who lost?

my channel switched to show channel

Dovez

08-27-2005

Monday, February 02, 2015 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
Mine too

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 1:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Snarky lady is gone! She didn't argue with her carpenter this time, I don't think, but her design.....it was a layette/cabinet for baby things. The changing pad on top didn't have a rim around it and would slide right off. She didn't agree that she should be eliminated and I guess she thought it was alright for the baby to land on the floor!

The winner was the youngish girl who made a really unusual and pretty armoire thingy.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 3:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
thank you granjan

dovez, direct tv?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Watching Love It or List It Too, why would you upsize when your children are grown? Just tough it out until they move out, afterall you managed during the whole time they were in high school so just because they are staying home while in college doesn't mean you need a bigger house!

So weird to me.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Ellen's design show: ooooooops someone didn't play fair. He probably knew he was going to copy that design all along.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
What a sneaky way to give both of them the title!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Vs, if you are talking about Ellen's design show I don't think they both got the title. He was never given the check. and the winner isn't him anymore.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I totally forgot to watch!! I am hoping they will rerun it sometime this week.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Dipo, you must watch when it plays again. Loved Tim's piece. Like the girls too. But Tim's was sorta ingenious.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
mummy, here it is!!! how can tim be expected to know about the other design?

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
I don't know Rosie. Even at Tim's website, he talks about recreating other people's designs. http://westernheritagefurniture.com/ Beautiful workmanship.

How many ways can a table be made? Quick someone call Gateway about Katie's cow table!!!!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Tim's design was not a fluke. It was way to similar. Shame on him.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I was watching Ellen yesterday (or was it now the day before?) when she brought Katie on the show, then she brought her brother and then the boyfriend, and said you won, Tim was disqualified, gave her the check and confetti...

it was kind of, what just happened moment (I watch the show in reruns and heard they also added that part to the hdtv show)

eta - I just googled, its the same story clips on different areas, from The Today Show, to people.com...

Rosie

11-12-2003

Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
more fall out - I did not know about tim being on Ellen's show

http://www.tvweek.com/open-mic/2015/03/questions-finally-answered-about-the-bizarre-finale-of-ellens-design-challenge-and-what-ellen-needs-to-do-if-the-series-is-renewed/

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Doesn't quite seem fair, maybe. I'm sure that there's lots of designers from Project Runway that could be disqualified too.