TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Real Housewives of Potomac

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: The Real Housewives of Potomac users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 17, 2017Marameko25 04-17-17  7:15 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It is interesting that 3 of the ladies got to go on the Japan Softbank America's Cup boat. That is quite impressive and would have cost a serious amount of money.

I don't know who any of these women are but there are several who are extremely pretentious and self-centered and overly impressed with themselves.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And Karen, who arranged the trip, keeps calling it the American Cup, so she doesn't even have a clue what it is.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh my, when you move out of your house in the middle of the night you are running/hiding from something.

And why does Karen think she is the Alpha Female, it sure doesn't seem that way to me, LOL.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 3:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, but Karen didn't really "arrange" the trip to the boat (much less pay for it)- production did. This is all done months in advance by production.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 5:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I did not get Karen leaving the responsibility of moving up to her hubby and then she goes on a nice trip.It seems to me you would move, get settled and then take a trip together.... And if you are the black Bill Gates you have a home in the Bermuda which is not that far from DC.
I still say Charisse is kinda phony and I wonder if she will need to sell that home with her lovely champagne room.
Monique and Ashley are the "realest "people up in this mix.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
But Marameko, she has to go on the cast trip - it is in their contract (because they don't want a HW who is having a bad season to refuse to go on the trip). I remember reading quite some time back that the only way a HW would not have to go on the cast trip is if there was a death in the immediate family.

That trip was scheduled months in advance by production - long before she sold her house.

She kept hammering that it was a cash sale to an overseas buyer. Cash sales are usually pretty quick - they can be done in a matter of a couple of weeks. What is fishy is that they didn't ask the buyer if they could stay in the house and do the sale after they found a place to live or do a rent-back where they sell the house but rent it from the buyer until they find a place. When one of my bosses was building a new home, he put his house on the market about two months before his new home would be finished. Well, his house sold in five days (his house was over $1 million so he thought it would take a couple of weeks to sell); however, the buyer was kind enough to let them stay in the house until their home was finished (because he wasn't in any hurry to move) and then they went to an act of sale when he and his wife were ready to move into their new home.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And I'm confused about when the finale is. There was a commercial saying it was Sunday, July 2nd - yet a voice-over for next week's preview said next Sunday was the finale.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Well the question is did she even ask for a delay in the move and we are unlikely to find that out the answer to that question. I would think that with her gift of gab that Karen could have "schmoozed" out a week or two delay.
It's not as if he hubby was actually boxing up stuff, I am sure they had professional movers.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The problem is we don't really know what the time period was between the time she sold her house and the time they left on the trip. It could have been a couple of weeks or it could have been a month.

Karen made this problem harder than it had to be. She kept talking about "downsizing," yet she kept looking at large homes which didn't meet her criteria. They could have bought a home with a "contingency option" that they wouldn't go to an act of sale until they sold their house in Potomac. The whole thing is just weird.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
You are correct, almost all the sales for cash end up with some sort of rent back situation. I don't know many people that can get moved out of their house in 5 days, LOL.

I don't even think the movers can be ready that quickly, hahahahaha.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dipo, that's why I think there is something super-sketchy about the whole situation with them selling the house.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
So did they ever reveal the need/desire/reason for Karen selling the house and moving? I saw the last episode and it was very unclear to me. Seems like she could have used the excuse that they received an unsolicited offer they couldn't refuse, ...but not even that.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This is what I read about a week or so ago about why she is selling her house. She needed to move to Virginia to have her mom come live with her and the BBG. As you know, her mother suffers from dementia. Evidently, her mother didn't want to leave Virginia because of her doctors and also there was something with her insurance that she would lose if she moved to Maryland. (I didn't completely understand the part about the insurance but I went with it). I think Karen was trying to keep her mother's business private and off the TV screen.

AATT Article

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
Well, it could be that is right, but then that could have been explained so easily as in "we're going to move closer to my mother". But I guess that wouldn't have created enough intrigue for the show. Methinks something else was a contributing factor...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And then there is this... things that make you go hmmmm....

Hugers owe millions in back taxes

This explains why they sold their house and are renting. Leased/rental properties cannot be seized in a bankruptcy. My money is also on Bravo renting that house in Great Falls, VA to hold the finale party. Bravo also rented a house for Nene on the ATL for a couple of seasons after her and her husband lost their home after the first or second season back when Nene had no money. I don't think Nene and Greg owned that house. I'm 99.99% sure they were evicted for non-payment of rent.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
If Karen's hubby was having money woes it would have been reflected via various financial services and company revenue. Glad she was looking out for her parent's welfare and keeping their personal business quiet.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
Taxes...now it makes sense. The IRS doesn't wait long before taking your stuff. I'll bet the final liens were ordered and they were on their way. And then Karen was on her way - out of town to a rental.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This is an article with screenshots of Candiace's twitter feed. She is one nasty piece of work.

Candiace Dillard Attacks Baby

Mictay

09-29-2006

Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Oh I saw all that Lexie, hopefully she’s a one and done cast member.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 24, 2018 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
She really didn't fit in with these women - at all. She is way too young (and not all that bright).

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, July 02, 2019 - 4:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Candiace and her Mother are a true trip. The Mom evidently smacked her in the head in front of others at an event recently. IT is high time for this "adult" to leave the home owned by her Mom and find one for herself and her hubby.
It is not normal they way she concentrates on Ashley's business. She must be trying to be relevant. Now that she is married I guess she needs another story line.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 02, 2019 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
If you read Candiace's twitter feed, she really is one nasty piece of work. She attacks everyone. Andy and Bravo have to see this so shame on them for bringing her back for a second season.

Candiace's Twitter

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 5:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
RHWOP would truly make one think that these interactions are truly contrived. Gizelle throwing Robyn under the bus at the dinner party was just so very "messy".
Did anyone see the look on Candice's face as she and her mother were going to see the therapist ? I get her being upset with her controlling Mom but that is one evil heifer.
There are some shows that I cannot get into like Vanderpump, RHOC, RHNJ , the diverse crowd of friends in New Orleans and now RHOP is
leaning that way as well. This franchise may have reached it's end. Right now I am down to ATL, NY and Potomac.

Jhonise

07-09-2003

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jhonise a private message Print Post    
Candiace is so nasty. I hope she does not return - if the show comes back next season. She is horrible.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, July 11, 2019 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jhnonise, if you go to Candiace's Twitter feed, be prepared to see her vile interactions with the people on her Twitter feed. She claps back at everyone.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, August 02, 2019 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Ashley Darby recently had a baby boy.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, September 28, 2020 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Monique Samuels should be ashamed of herself, even her husband is embarrassed that she was fighting with Candice. Her actions were ghetto and she needs to GO.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: