TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
My Diet Is Better Than Yours

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Weight Loss/Self Improvement: My Diet Is Better Than Yours users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Worth checking out imo

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Thanks... I almost recorded it. I'll have to check it out on Hulu or OnDemand.

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I thought it was pretty good, too. Some really good ideas and a few "out-there" ones.

I like that all the contestants remain until the end and there's no voting off and no alliances. Keeps the focus on the individual.

I feel a bit sorry for some of the trainers - if their person isn't really committed to the plan - it makes the plan itself look bad.

I didn't really understand why Taj would think her trainer was trying to sabotage her. That wouldn't exactly be in the trainer's best interest either. She wanted someone who was really going to work her hard - looks like she is going to get her wish!

I think it's great to show all these different kinds of plans. I actually thought each one had some great tips and strategies.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I came in the middle, and quite frankly was channel surfing - but the "Clean Momma Plan" My first thought was I wonder if its a variation on the Trim Healthy Momma diet - but wow, hey, "Taskercise"? ok, she lost me at while you pray.... exercise... etc... just. no.

also its produced by Kelly Ripa and her dh Mark Consuelos (Milojo Productions)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 08, 2016 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It started off a little slow, but it got better as it went.

I liked it too.

I think Taj over-reacted also, but with no weight loss the second week, I can understand why she wanted to change, it wasn't a good fit.

The Momma-Diet plan lady is bizarre. I would have dumped her.

I love me some Shaun T!

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Friday, January 15, 2016 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The victim mentality of blaming the trainer if the contestant did not put in the effort.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 15, 2016 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought the Clean Momma trainer and her "loser" (cant remember names, sorry) were a little 'she-said: she-said' if you get my drift.

I didn't think the trainer did enough to teach her better eating choices. I didn't think the 'loser' worked out enough in the beginning, and always wanted to stop working out.

But I do think that trainer was a little unhinged. She would have driven me nuts.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 15, 2016 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
By the way, you can read real details of all the plans here:

http://abc.go.com/shows/my-diet-is-better-than-yours

I like that feature!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, January 29, 2016 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Best wishes to Taj. Kudos to those who finished the race.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, January 29, 2016 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Taj just frustrated the heck out of me! her attitude was just amazing.
Congrats to Jasmine.
Also the the guy with the Wild Diet...drawing a blank on his name.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
By the way, Jasmine was very motivated. And her trainer/nutritionist is a real nutritionist - a registered dietitian. And her plan was the most realistic for overall health/wellness, and sustainability. Wild diet was just Paleo, and the No Diet was just a low carb (which is why that contestant had a hard time with that 5K challenge).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jasmine clearly got the healthiest... I understand her plan recommended 6 1-hour exercise sessions per week (from the show website), but also had short, high-intensity alternatives.

I got a menu plan from Abel for $1, it's interesting, but it's too difficult for someone who doesn't eat much meat. It's not just Paleo (IMO, but I'm not that informed), it insists on certain types of food, like only grass-fed beef. Too many unusual ingredients, the need for all-natural choices (not readily available where I live) and the recipes are all 2-4 servings. So I can't use the grocery lists, because it's way too much food for just me.

Plus Abel's guy, while losing the most fat, didn't seem to get that fit either.

The Super Food Swap diet looked easiest, but even going to the trainer's website, I couldn't find an easy guide to follow.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i had that same problem Kar. I wanted to find more info on the super swap and really couldn't....well, without paying.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Here are the free offerings by Dawn (SuperFood Swap)

https://dawnjacksonblatner.com/free-cheat-sheets/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I like these lunch bowls:

https://dawnjacksonblatner.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Lunch-Bowl-Infographic_Final.jpg

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
And LOTS of free recipes - no plan per se, you have to pick and choose your own.

https://dawnjacksonblatner.com/recipes/

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i know they focused on the fat and weird options, but i really like his graphic of the perfect plate. it makes sense to me

well, i can get it to post, but it's half your plate veggies, 1/4 proteins/meat/eggs, 1/3fruits, and then the rest split between fats and starches

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    

trying again!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: