TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 15, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: Archive through December 15, 2015 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 13, 2015 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
He's name after Charles Spurgeon:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Spurgeon

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, November 13, 2015 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Where'd the plane go? (and why is it any of our business? ;)

http://news.yahoo.com/duggar-plane-lands-near-joshs-022900993.html

Basically Rockford IL is near where I live, (DH worked there in a NASA capacity for awhile before the space program was eliminated) Its a "small town" lots of churches, easy going working class area... and one blogger listens to police scanners and thus he is the source for the plane gate (he has been resourced on the free ginger website also, among others)

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Videos of baby Israel crawling and climbing up to a standing position. He sure reminds me of a lot of the younger Dugger boys.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/hes-crawling-jill-dillard-posts-two-new-videos-of-baby-israel-20151511

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
JILL AND JESSA: COUNTING ON starts Sunday the 12th.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I watched bits and pieces of it...not sure how compelling it was but watching various family members be interviewed about the "situation" was pretty interesting.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Will watch it later today.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Is it repeated?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm sure it will be repeated although of course if I say that it won't be! I am not sure it will make a series but as a special regarding how they are dealing with Josh's situation it was interesting. They don't avoid it which makes me like them more. I only regret that I missed most of the part where they were interviewing Anna who, in my opinion, has the most right to be upset.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Anna's interview isn't until the next episode.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I found last nights ep so boring.........

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I found it boring also. what was the point? The younger girls come across as very ignorant. Not their fault, I know.

Connies

03-11-2010

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I felt horribly sorry for all the young siblings in this family. None of this has been their fault but they have had to deal with the fallout.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I would use the words naïve and unworldly perhaps, and certainly very guarded with their words. Ignorant is such an ugly word and these young women are anything but seemingly lovely young people.

Connies you are correct - none of this that has happened is their fault, including having their lives splashed all over the media both before and after the release of the records detailing their abuse. I applaud them for moving on with their lives and trying to make the best of it.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I was impressed with how they are all dealing with such a terrible situation.

Wasn't the new baby boy adorable? I think mostly he shows his Dugger side right now, but he may grow up to mirror his father's lankiness.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I think ignorant is appropriate as they lack knowledge and sophistication.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I shudder to think of all the things of which I am ignorant.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I was ignorant this morning and am berating myself for not thinking things more closely before I made a purchase.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Up until I was about 50 I though we put a drollop of whipped cream on our pumpkin pie instead of a dollop.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Ignorant has taken on a very negative connotation, apart from its original meaning. I don't use it, because realizing that I know my meaning will be unclear.

I prefer unaware.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Kar, ignorant to me only means it is something I haven't yet learned. It is neither good nor bad…it just is.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, and that's the problem. That may be what it means to you, but to others, it may have a more negative connotation. And it's not often easy to tell which meaning is the one being intended.

Ignorant:
lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
"he was told constantly that he was ignorant and stupid"
synonyms: uneducated, unknowledgeable, untaught, unschooled, untutored, untrained, illiterate, unlettered, unlearned, unread, uninformed, unenlightened, benighted; More
inexperienced, unworldly, unsophisticated
"the plight of these ignorant children should be an international concern"
incognizant of, unfamiliar with, unacquainted with, uninformed about, ill-informed about, unenlightened about, unconversant with, inexperienced in/with, naive about, green about; More

informal meaning
discourteous or rude
"this ignorant, pin-brained receptionist"
black English
easily angered.
"I is an ignorant man—even police don't meddle with me"

Origin
late Middle English: via Old French from Latin ignorant- ‘not knowing,’ from the verb ignorare (see ignore).

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes unfortunately people tend to take a neutral word that describes a certain condition and repeatedly use it in a disparaging nasty way which then turns the neutral word into a negative word. Happens all the time.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Is there just one word to replace ignorant with that hasn't been spoiled for for us to use without getting pilloried?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I like inexperienced, unaware or unknowledgeable. :-) It would depend on the circumstance, I think.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I reserve ignorant for people who SHOULD know something, but refuse to educate themselves.