TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 11, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Top Chef - California : Archive through December 11, 2015 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Starting a new thread so we don't have to talk about the new season in the Boston folder.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, thanks Lexie_girl. I noticed it said Boston late last night and thought hmmmm, oh well.

Now maybe we can track down Jimmer and get a banner, that would be cool.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Part 2 is on tonight btw!

(and I don't know how I didn't notice I posted that pronouncement in the wrong thread - but I did)

I was just afraid there wasn't enough interest! (to start a new thread)

I missed the first airing of it, stayed up to watch it after the Watch What Happens Live!

I can't imagine Grayson lasted too long!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Gayson makes the critique portion of the show miserable.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
looking forward to top chef

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
"We're going to white people town", OMG, LOL. I didn't catch what town it was, now I am really curious.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So the Westwood area is going to be Persian food.

Another team is in Korea town.

So white people town is Venice, LOL, and they are doing vegan food.

And the final group are doing Mexican food, not sure what area of LA they went to.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So Rene, the red headed woman, went home.

Is Grayson the woman who complains all the time? I don't understand why they brought her back.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, December 04, 2015 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
They brought her back with a group of several James Beard nominees this season. Maybe it is to punish her ??

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, December 04, 2015 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Yup Dipo, that is the one.

I don't usually get upset in cooking competitions when someone whose personality I like goes home. I figure the judges are tasting their food not me and I trust their palate.

But last night I was sorta ticked off that Grayson didn't get the boot.

More than any other personality trait that I cant stand are whiners. And Grayson has a triple black belt in whining.

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, December 04, 2015 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I am so rooting for Marjorie. She is so calm, cool and great at what she does.

Add me to the "ready for Grayson to go" bandwagon. For someone with a second chance, she has such a negative attitude about everything.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, December 04, 2015 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Grayson was awful! I didn't understand that Vegan group at all! I am not Vegan, Vegetarian, but I go to restaurants and I have friends that order vegan food - and they get stunning food by quality chefs! (In fact there is a Chef at Disneyworld that is practically stalked for his dishes! He used to work at the Polynesian, a meat eaters paradise, and if you told the chef in advance you had a vegetarian or a vegan, you would get a special made just for you item - he's been moved, and it gets posted on the internet where he's working - Chef TJ is legendary on the WDW boards!)

So, why was their food so crappy?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
their food was so crappy because they didn't want to be vegan?
there is always a vegan challenge, you would think people on reality shows would do some research and be prepared for what they encounter, but you had crabby who didn't want o make vegan food and put hate into her dish and you had miss sassy who made something most people found inedible??? I don't know how you do that, and you had mister, everyone's food tasted good. Maybe they thought passable was equal to good. At least I knew avoid a green salad unless you have the dressing from heaven or imaginative ingredients. I think Mohawk woman had the only good food, but she admitted to using canned chickpeas - never offer unnecessary information. ever.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Add me to the list of being really annoyed by Grayson. I don't remember her being such a snotty whiner before. She wasn't hearing what the judges were saying at all. Ugh!!

I was surprised by the lack of imagination with the vegan and Mexican teams. C'mon!!!! I had to laugh when cocky Phillip changed his tune once he learned they were the bottom team. Before judging... we have this in the bag. At judging... we needed meat.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Renee lost to Garrett in the first LCK. He had to use the ingredients that she used in the dish that caused her elimination and vice-versa. Not sad to see her go. She was too self assured and quite cocky.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Top Chef is on tonight on Bravo 10:00-11:15 pm (EST)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OK, that is a good hint to tape it,I hate that shows are odd hours now, makes it hard for me to watch things on different stations.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Spoiler.........
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
Grayson won the quick fire challenge.
Quami won the elimination challenge and Francis was eliminated.
Francis and Garrett competed in the LCK and Garrett won again and Francis lost.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
It should be Frances..it's a she!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, December 10, 2015 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Try to explain to dh why Grayson and the other two guys were in a comp of 3 while everyone else was in a comp of 2.... I tried, I really did, all he kept saying was it was not fair... but its GRAYSON! lol

then when they proclaimed Kwame the winner - he/dh really was upset - "but he only won his challenge by 1 point - it makes no sense, this is a stupid show!" roflol

it may not have helped we also watched Santas in the Barn... roflol... he really does not like reality tv!! but, the Blackhawks were doing so poorly - what a night! lol

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, December 11, 2015 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Grayson was by herself because there was an odd number among the contestants and she had immunity so she wasn't going anywhere.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, December 11, 2015 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Right Jag, but dh's point was if she had immunity, then they should have judged the other 2 cooks the same - as in instead of the 2 on the bottom, 2 on the top would've been "more fair" - eh, it is what it is and it just added "drama" for the tv show ;)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, December 11, 2015 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't forgotten about making a banner for this by the way. I just haven't had time yet. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 11, 2015 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank you jimmer....I totally forgot this was on last night, LOL.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Friday, December 11, 2015 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Where do I find the LCK challenge?