TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Biggest Loser 17

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Weight Loss/Self Improvement: Biggest Loser 17 users admin

The Biggest Loser
The Biggest Loser (on NBC)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 13, 2016Vsmart25 01-13-16  12:25 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Do they gorge on junk food or healthy stuff?

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I don't like all the temptations and being forced to eat bad foods for team competitions. Half the battle in weight loss is getting psyched up to commit to a diet and here they are ready and committed and then forced to have to eat crap as part of a game.

I don't really get the idea of gorge day. If it's truly a gorge on bad foods -it seems like you would get enough calories to counteract everything you did during the week. But maybe there's more to the gorge day rules than just what it sounds like?
I imagine it must be different for everyone, though. If I had a gorge day on foods I don't normally eat, it would just make me want to eat them more. But maybe that works really well for a lot of people.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 12:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So at least no food temptation.

Dolvett's team won the temptation challenge, thanks to Richard's strategy. They had choice to get video chats with family Or have the gym only for their team for the week. BUT.. whatever they chose, the other team got the other choice. So if they chose family chats they lost the gym.

Three of them were steadfast wanting to keep the gym. Richard and I think Jacky wanted the video chats. Richard said he gets more benefit from swimming anyway. But they took the gym. So Jen's team got the video chats and had to do alternate workouts.

They used a red line system so the lowest percent on the losing team would go home.

Richard went home.

They showed him at the end looking good and working out and feeling great.

THEN they took the people who were biggest loser on each team and they got to keep their coach but then had to start picks for new teams. And they had to pick someone on the opposite team.

Jen's team still had three of her originals since they had more people.

Of course most of them weren't happy about switching. The brothers were on opposite teams.

I should have written it down.. sorry.. Toy and Erin went to Jen's team, I know that.

So then they had a puzzle challenge that was a physical challenge and Jen's team won that and gained a 3 pound advantage.

Later they had a last chance head to head challenge on various machines and Jen's team was ahead all the way with Toy last on the Jacob's ladder but when Felicia? got on the Jacob's ladder for Dolvett's team, she caught up and raced ahead, so they won. The prize was a 1 pound credit so they went into the weighoff 2 pounds down instead of 3.

But still Dolvett's team lost and the daughter of the father and daughter team was under the red line and went home with many tears from her and her father.

They showed her today and she was down 63 pounds! And looked really good. She had lost more than Richard.

I think Bob thinks he's the next Jeff Probst. Well, accept he hugged people ;)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I have to cut back on TV. The Biggest Loser lost. Happened to catch a little of Bob on Meredith Vieira yesterday. Tattoos to the extreme. Being tattooed like that is a turn-off to me.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
On the plan I set up for Camp Rhino's 6 Week Challenge we include "1 cheat" per week - can be a dessert, an alcoholic beverage, something with gluten (the plan is gluten-free). Most folks actually report back that they feel physically ill after their "cheat".

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I didn't know there's a Biggest Loser Resort in Chicago. It's in the west 'burbs -- Bloomingdale. I'm just 10 - 15 miles from it.

Was this season a loser? I didn't watch much. Bob's a loser -- the hair and the extreme tattoos. Never have liked him much.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 1:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, Bob needs more polish as a host but he did okay.

I guess I didn't enjoy that it all came down to three guys and the at home prize went to a guy and three of the four seemed to SHOUT all the time.

I was shocked.. Stephen looked to have lost the most.

Luis won the at home prize.

Then with the final three they offered a $50K temptation.. tacky.. but supposedly the three hadn't seen each other and just had to decide.. the $50K came with a 3 pound disadvantage.

At the last second Colby hit the button and took the $50K and the disadvantage and somehow his reason was because someone had told him they decided not to kill themselves because they watched makeover night. OK.. I think maybe he simply realized he wasn't likely to win.

Roberto won with pounds to spare. So he could have taken the $50K and still won but he and his brother took plenty of money home.

So Jen "won". I really don't like that concept of one trainer owning someone when most of them worked out with the other at some point and even with Bob.

Other than the excessive shouting and testosterone involved, they all seem like nice guys.

Bob's hairstyle.. yeah.. not liking that.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I thought sure Stephen would win based on numbers. He looked gaunt.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
They need an incentive for the entire cast of players imo.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would like to see it played strictly on red line, no pounds of advantage or disadvantage, no targets on people, just pounds.

They get a gym membership, so going home isn't as bad as it used to be..

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: