TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 28, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: Archive through October 28, 2015 users admin

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Friday, September 25, 2015 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Lol, Sea! :-)

I just feel that if they return to tv, they will feel vindicated about everything they have done, meaning how they handled the entire Josh situation, from the time they became aware of it, to yes...trying to limit other people's freedom.

If it's only the daughter they are featuring and not the parents, I suppose the fair thing to do is take a wait and see approach.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, September 25, 2015 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The really great thing about the girls doing a show is that absolutely nobody that is interesting in their lives have to watch.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Friday, September 25, 2015 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I will not be watching their show. I have no interest in any of them. They should just go on with their lives and forget about wanting to be on camera.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 12:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Amen

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 4:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I totally agree Muffin, so glad I have books to read, stuff to do and too many channels to watch tv if I so desire.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
It is going to be interesting to see starts posting after the girls show airs. I plan to watch, I like those ladies.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Have they announced when it will be on?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I found this just now on ABC news:

Months after a scandal involving a member of the Duggar family shut down TLC's long-running reality hit "19 Kids and Counting," the network is resuming its on-air relationship with the Arkansas brood by starring daughters Jill and Jessa in two or more specials.

Production begins soon on the programs, announced Thursday, with an anticipated airdate by year-end for at least the first of them. Two or three are currently planned, the network said.

So far untitled, they will feature Jill Dillard, 24, who, with her husband, Derick, and their infant son are preparing to move to El Salvador for missionary work, and sister Jessa Seewald, 22, who with her husband Ben is expecting their first child on Nov. 1.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks OG! I haven't watched much of the Duggars but I may have a look at these.

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I don't hold anything against the children in this family and I have always enjoyed following their lives on TV. I will watch the show and enjoy as I have in the past.

Sueby

11-18-2004

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sueby a private message Print Post    
It will be interesting to see how these specials do.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
This was an interesting read regarding missionary work....http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/10/08/frauds-jill-duggar-and-hubby-rejected-by-church-as-missionaries-for-lack-of-education/

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
The lack of formal education is going to hurt those kids. Homeschooling is fine, but at some point to get jobs like they want they need to go to college, tech school or some kind of education that gives credited documents that they have completed the studies. I know, you can get a lot of things online today, but when those kids are 18 or over, I think they should be allowed to get a different kind of education other than online or home. They are very unprepared for the real world and normal social situations.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
My daughter went for a month to Africa on a mission regarding fresh water/purification. She was the least educated with just her B.S. Most had varying masters degrees. So I'm not surprised by the article.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I know a lot of people who go on missions to help build schools or install plumbing or just feed people. It doesn't require a college degree.

And according to that article, all that was required was advanced study in *theology*. No offense, but hammering nails is sometimes more useful.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I guess my daughters trip was more focused on clean water and processes to accomplish that. Which is of course more technical than hammering nails...which has its purpose too. There was NO/ZERO religious purpose behind my daughters trip. No evangelizing going on with her trip otherwise she'd still be grounded and locked away LOL.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Just out of curiosity Lilfair, but I'm intrigued by your statement that your daughter would be grounded and locked away if she had been part of a mission that had an evangelical mission along with some other type (education/water/building homes, etc.). Why is that?

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Oh we are an Atheist family. And I would not appreciate her spreading superstitions or the supernatural mindset. LOL Although that would never be something she'd succumb to...evangelizing of any supernatural entity.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
What if your child did have a different opinion or belief? Is that not okay in your family?

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://www.etonline.com/news/174618_
first_look_at_law_and_order_svu_duggar_
inspired_episode/

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lilfair, and please do not think that I am in any way judging you or your family. I was simply curious about the way you worded your statement.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I imagine it must be hard for families who have very strong conflicting beliefs.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, I only ask because I am pretty staunchly anti-hunting. But my DS hunts. I think he has a right to make his own choices in life.

I love my kid, and want him to feel like I will love him no matter who he is, even if we see some things very differently.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't know if religious beliefs are stronger than hunting beliefs? Most people who are very religious tend to apply it to their entire life whereas hunters may be somewhat less intense (though there are some very keen hunters).

I don't know how I'd feel if my DD decided to become a Jehovah's Witness, for example. I'd be accepting though I would be pretty surprised.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't know Jimmer. My abhorrence to hunting is quite strong.
But I'm the same way religiously or with other beliefs too. I am willing to let others make their own decisions about their values and beliefs. As long as they don't force them on me. :-)