TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 16, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway Season 14: Archive through October 16, 2015 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
don't they still reward the models for working with the winning designer?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My daughter and I have discussed this and we don't think they do anymore - they never mention it as part of the prize package and although for the most part they have the same model at times it seems like they switch it up. (Of course I didn't watch the early seasons so I don't know how it was handled in the past.)

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Rox, I loved the overalls and would actually buy them and wear it with the jacket. Otherwise as was mentioned this was a train wreck!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My daughter said the same thing. She loved them and said she would wear them. Just not my thing. I think if she had put a different top with them I might have liked them better.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The top was because that is what her model wears with the work overalls she said she loved.

And of course, one could wear many different tops with the overalls.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They do say in the prize announcements that the winning model gets a spread in Marie Claire magazine, but that is the only time they mention prizes for the model.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think Swapnil was very talented but became a bit lazy. I thought he should have won many of the early challenges when he was in the top 3.

I am very curious as to why they paired the crew with the designer instead of using the button bag.

I was sorry to see Swapnil go as I do think he is a very good designer. I am not sure any of the designers could have pleased Swapnil's client. Merline is awful IMO and I can't believe she has managed to stick around this long.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Swapnell looked so tired. did you see the dark cirlces around his eyes???

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well he certainly was taking a lot of cigarette breaks..

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
They really played up the fact that he took frequent smoke breaks 2-3 episodes ago... plus I think in the same episode he made the comment that he has been playing it safe all along and was planning on WOWING the judges when it was down to 4 or 5... but then he got called out by the judges for under performing in a challenge so the next he gave 200% and was safe. In the beginning of the next episode he mentioned that and I think he felt defeated by that and it seemed to me that he kind of checked out of the competition.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Merline is awful IMO and I can't believe she has managed to stick around this long.

I totally agree with this comment! The only thing more awful that Merline is that ever-present (and horrendous) hat of hers. She probably wears it in the shower, too!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Agree about Merline AND the hat.

Yes I guess he felt defeated but he still talked on his last episode about going out to smoke. Now, if he took a sketch pad with him, that might work..

Florin

08-27-2006

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Merline and her hat should have been sent home weeks ago.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so many connections with hats and reality shows, I think the reference to A$$hat was first used in the amazing race early years with one contestant with a really ugly hat they wore every single scene on TWOP, now it is a common curse.
There was also an amazingly ugly hat on Face off this year, ugly hats must be in.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Perhaps her hair is having an extremely hard time adjusting to New York and she feels wearing the hat is a better alternative?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Take a look at the Fashion Week collection pictures that Kappy posted on 10/2... you can EASILY pick out Merlene...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL, guess all her models were having bad hair days..

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"so many connections with hats and reality shows, I think the reference to A$$hat was first used in the amazing race early years with one contestant with a really ugly hat they wore every single scene on TWOP, now it is a common curse. "

As far as I know, calling someone an "ass hat" always meant that "he has his head up his ass".

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Yay - I'm glad it wasn't too much of an "advante guard" type of show! I loved the runway shows!

and was so glad that Ashley survived another week, she just seems so far and away apart from the others - I liked the peek they showed us at the apartment, but due to the cameras there, it did seem a bit "set up" Fun that Edmond came over with food to make breakfast - then they had to leave before they got to eat it? What's up with that set up! lol

Candice was praised for going "outside the box" She used red! it did not seem advante garde nor did it seem "original, but again, she does such good "dairy room" sessions! She says nice things about everyone, pulls it all together nicely, in a nice sugary way.... (ok, I don't trust her!)

Kelly - the whole time I thought, (from the time she picked her fabric, up until you saw the completed design) no way, she's so inexperienced, she's going to be going home - but then seeing it on the runway - it worked!! and she won, 2nd challenge in a row, she met the challenge, whereas other designers just did good designs, Kelly met the challenge.

Edmond - I don't think they focused enough on his creation of that fabric - but, he spent so much time on it,, and it just didn't pay off - but I still love his designs above the others, didn't love the hat - but loved his models hair!

Merline - she really over thought this challenge, her excitement and her exuberance was wonderful. Her designs not so much. and I loved Heidi called her out in that her skirt was the same as another Project Runway designer. I am not sad she lost and went home.

so Ashley. I still think her age and experience are taking her down, I loved what she designed in the beginning (of the season), loved that she was enjoying it - but that's just not coming across. At least she didn't pick purple or a weird print! I liked how she designed her pencil pants - and I had hoped that she was listening to Edmond when he "sold" his design on the runway - Ashley could do better in that department, but she's too young. That cape was the wind going through her bridge - but, unfortunately that 3D stuff was just .... ODD!

I really don't know how those 5x5 pieces of 3D fabric or 3D images ON Fabric was supposed to be the "in" thing! Maybe if they had the 3D first, then designed their dresses, but this way, it was just weird - - imho

I think it detracted from all the designs - well Kelle was just able to have her fabric from Mood made in to 3D so that worked!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Actually, when Heidi called out Merline's skirt for having been done last season, I wanted to yell to Heidi that it's been done on at least 4 previous seasons - last season was not the first time. I liked Merline's energy but it was definitely her time to go.

Ashley's reminded me of Wonder Girl complete with a cape to jump off of the bridge. I adore Ashley but she is so out of her element in this kind of a competition. At this point, I find it painful to watch her.

I never expected Kelly to make it this far but as Candice said, she has really grown as a designer. Kudos to her for the growth she has made!

I undestand how they expect more from both Candice and Edmond but both did beautiful pieces tonight even if they didn't win.

The finale should be a good one!

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, October 16, 2015 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I agree about Ashley, not really enjoying her anymore. I still like her as a person but to me she always sounds a downer, the way she talks, etc.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, October 16, 2015 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I am officially off the Ashley train!! I found myself getting irritated at Ashley last night... her monotone responses were grating on my last nerve... and then overthinking Tim's critique. I was actually hoping she went home.

And Merlene's mumblings/agreements on the runway when she being critiqued have been distracting to me all season. Is she even hearing what they are saying to her... all she is saying is "right, right... oh ok... yeah..." the entire time the judges are talking to her. ARG!!!!

I have a sneaking suspicion about who goes home next week, based on something that has been posted in this thread, and I hope I'm wrong.

I'l hope the finale is Edmond, Candace, and Kelly.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, October 16, 2015 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Tim Gunn still has the save!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 16, 2015 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought for sure he would use it on Merline last night...but then as he sent her out the door he told her to improve her sewing skills...apparently Tim Gunn doesn't appreciate people who don't know how to sew!

Although I understand that Candace's dress didn't fit the "avante garde" part of the challenge I'm glad it got recognized for the stunning gown that it is! It was just spectacular and I hope they show a picture of Mel B wearing it. I also liked Edmond's gown but honestly I don't think throwing on a blindfold made it any more avante garde than Candice's (and please excuse me if I'm spelling avante garde wrong)! It was a beautiful dress and would look beautiful on a number of women but basically it was just an exquisite black dress.

I thought Ashley's 3D print messed her up bad - otherwise I think her outfit would have gotten more recognition. I personally loved that flowing cape and that cute outfit underneath was adorable.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, October 16, 2015 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
apparently Tim Gunn doesn't appreciate people who don't know how to sew!

Thank goodness for that, Roxi. At least she got one of his patented farewell hugs on her (long overdue) way out the door.

I don't think anyone mentioned it already -- but it deserves repeating -- the human chimney (Swapnil) did NOT receive a hug from Gunn on his way out last week (TG's contempt for him must have still been boiling at departure time!).