TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 06, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of OC: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 06, 2015 users admin

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
While I am not a big Vicki fan, and I don't care for Brooks, I certainly do not like Meghan at all. Just who is she to call someone ex or a doctor to see if he treats cancer patients. Sorry, but there is no way that it is anyone's business what is going on with Brooks health. Vicki has gone through a lot with the loss of her mother and if her so called friends are so concerned about Vicki, then fine talk to her once, but when Vicki said to stop, who the heck are these woman to demand to see his medical records. These woman are nobody's friend they are just a bunch of busy bodies. They need to take care of their own lives and not stick their noses into other peoples business especially when it is not asked for. Ok now I will get off of my soap box

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, September 25, 2015 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I agree, Shannon needed to listen to Vicky when she sat down and said, no more Brooks talk - "call Brooks"

However, I blame production more than anything. Megan going over the top I feel is more to "seal her deal" cause drama, and you will be asked back to the show. For me, I'd listen to Brianna, Brianna is the smart one in the crowd!

There is no way I would support a "demand" to see medical records - as if those couldn't be 'faked' as well. People that fake cancer will go to all links to protect their lie, and I have no doubt that Brooks is lying - to what extent? I have no idea, and I don't care, but he is not what he wants us to believe he is - he is weird in how he comes across, and his background from last year that was exposed, is a bit shady....

but what does Meagan hope to gain in exposing Brooks - thats where her youth and inexperience is going to bite her - hope she learns to "live and let live" because she does come across as a bit over the top in other aspects as well as this - but I imagine she thinks she is standing up to Vicky as well as giving a good story line... because really, what else is there to Megan?

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Friday, September 25, 2015 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I agree Reader

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Okay, so what do we think? Is Brooks fighting an active cancer? Is the report legitimate or is it an old one doctored up to look recent or is it completely fabricated?

Dr. Dubrow's love and appreciation for his wife makes me envious. We should all be so lucky.

I feel sorry for Ryan. He apparently has none of the tools necessary to cope with being a grown up. What was he thinking having a child with a woman that already had three children when he has no history of even being able to take care of himself? And what was she thinking getting involved with him. He looks like he would be miserable to be around.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
As much as I dislike Tamra's ex, Simon, he sure had Ryan pegged right.

From the Aries party and afterwards, Vicki's demeanor has been unlike anything we have seen over the last 8 years. Usually she is a shrieking screaming mess and we haven't seen that the last couple of weeks. I think she NOW knows that Brooks lied to her about having cancer because he knew she would move him into her house and take care of him. So yes, I think Brooks is lying but I do not think Vicki was in on it from the beginning. Why would she? All it would do is hurt her in the end. She had absolutely nothing to gain from being in on the lie from the beginning.

Susieqok

07-20-2010

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Susieqok a private message Print Post    
Lexie girl, wow I never thought of that, but they did keep zooming in on Vicki sitting there and that wasn't normal Vicki for sure, I bet your right we are watching her figure it out or start to have doubt about him.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I think Vicki is now in so deep because she has constantly defended him for the last 3-4 years she doesn't know what to do. She was warned about him by everyone (not to mention the 20/20 piece about him being a con artist) yet she didn't listen to anyone. I also think something must have happened off-camera with regard to why Brianna hates him. I know all the viewers loved Don, but Don was an alcoholic who cheated on Vicki, yet Brianna loved him. There is more to this story than we are seeing.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I disagree, I think the Vicky we are seeing is one who is grieving her mom and trying to cope with the TV acting - she has always had such control over this show, what is said, and shown, and every now and again Brianna slips out - and Vicky screams at her for it. ("We discussed NOT talking about this on camera")

The reason I think Vicky is still in Brooks denial is I read on Radar online that Vicky broke up before the reunion show, but has invited Brooks back to her house when he comes in for treatment (2 weeks after the reunion I thought?)

Radar Online got ahold of Brooks and wanted to do a lie detector test, no (of course not)

The page that Tamra was reading has been screen captured, and its the opinion of those that posted, it is faked, the language is not right, spelling is wrong, and like Meghan said, they don't do PET scans at that facility.

I agree with you Chieko about Ryan, he is sad - but I still remember when he got his lip tattooed, ew! But I understand where Tamra is coming from (and her dh has to help Tamra understand giving him money is not helping Ryan)

How about Tamra's new storyline about accepting Jesus, and getting baptized. I wish her luck, and I do hope she continues getting counseling. I think Orange County is a rough place to be if you are not rich and have bottomless pockets

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I think Brooks may have had cancer at one time, and maybe that is why he has and knows so much?

Radar online now says that Brooks went to New York and taped something with Andy Cohen (Watch What Happens Live) and Vicky knows nothing about what was said - they tape the reunion show this coming Thursday...

oh, and did anyone else notice a brunette on the show? Meghan had a viewing party for the Debrow's show, selling their cosmetic cream - and this nice brunette lady came - couldn't figure that out!! (lol *grin)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I disagree that this has to do with Vicki still grieving her mom. When she went on her tirade against Shannon at the restaurant (when David and Brooks were there), that was after her mom died. Vicki has always been a shrieking screaming mess (remember the Bunco party?). But she has been almost comatose these last 2-3 episodes when she is confronted about Brooks.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I have to admit Lexie - I do go back and forth, I just don't "get" Vicky... I just don't know - she has been different these last episodes with a few screaming exceptions!

I do believe her dd Brianna though!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm reading Vicki's Twitter feed (BTW - they are filming the reunion today). It definitely sounds like Brooks about having cancer (which would explain the change in her behavior from the beginning of the season through this past week).

And I'm also still sticking with my original statement that I don't think Vicki was in on it. Brooks has a history of being a con-artist and there is nothing in it for Vicki to lie about such a thing. If anything, it would be detrimental to her business (which is quite successful) if she were caught in such a lie.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
Well, I can't wait for the future episodes, the reunion, and the interview Brooks had with Andy Cohen. I will be astonished if someone thought they could fake cancer and get away with it on national television. The ego involved in that has to be astonishingly large. And I don't think that Vicky would have had anything to do with it. She was always completely ignorant of his scheming, seemingly addicted to his "love" for her. It was a desperate need on her part to have a partner and not be alone. Cant wait to hear Brianna's take on it, too.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
ETA: my post above doesn't make sense. It should read "It definitely sounds like Brooks LIED to Vickie about having cancer...."

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Thank you for clarifying and sharing, Lexie!

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I totally agree with you that Vicki found out Brooks was lying sometime towards the end of filming. Heather also mentioned that as a possibility in the conversation she, Megan and Shannon had at Shannon's party.

Reader, Tamra's storyline about being a Christian makes me cringe. Frankly actions do speak louder than words and let's face it, having the sex party and that terrible promotional tape is no way reflective of a person who is sincere about being baptized. I would hope the Pastor of her church is having serious conversations with her about this. I am not doubting she went to church in the midst of her custody battles and that is good....she just needs some education and guidance, which again I hope her Pastor is giving her.

I have written before that I really do not like any of the OC housewives but that dislike lately has turned to pity. They have what society deems is important--looks and money--but each one, other than Heather, appear to be very unhappy people. Instead of giving charity functions maybe they should do some actual volunteering with the less fortunate. Maybe that would put things in perspective for them.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Roblover - I agree with you about Tamra, the things that are written about the custody battles for her young kids are awful, Simon seems to be letting her have it - and she did marry his best friend. The girls are old enough to say where they want to be, so to go to church, well - as a Christian, I do hope she finds her place -

and volunteering is a good idea

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
~~They have what society deems is important--looks and money--~~

I don't think the looks are too great for these ladies...Vicky looks unnatural and Tamra is a walking billboard for plastics and obvious fakness.

Money comes and goes and hopefully we can all see that money isn't bringing happiness to either Vicky or Tamera.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Vicki does have a nice house and a good work ethic........but looks....I don't think so.
Tamera does have a hunky, young hubby.... Am I reading right that Eddie was friends with Simon ?
Get. Out.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Personally I don't think Tamera's husband is all that great, of course just ask him and he will tell you he is. I don't like the way he treats her. And as much as I dislike Brooks, I think it is very possible that he is lying, and I do not think Vickie knew about it, but that being said, I would never show a bunch of people (they are not her friends) my personal medical records.
As far as Heather goes, I do not like her at all. She sure likes to let everyone know how rich she is and she kind of talks down to everyone. And for her to say how hard she is working on her mansion......well what is she actually doing? She has someone clean her house, she has nannys for the kids. I don't think she cooks. She did design a tree for a window and when her husband didn't act like he liked it, she got mad at him. LIke he said why did you ask me what I thought if you didn't want to know.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
When I say, "looks" I do not mean to imply they are beautiful but rather they all are attractive for their age....not that they act their age.

Yes, money and looks are transient. That is the reason I feel sorry for them. I did a cross stitch years ago during my lean times that I still have hanging in my home. "Poverty is no disgrace but it is decidedly inconvenient." I do not think it can be argued that money makes life easier however, you would not know it by these women. They lack joy. I just have been thinking maybe they could change if they stopped obsessing about themselves and looked to truly help others.

Sandra

07-05-2004

Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandra a private message Print Post    
I didn't know Shannon has bronchiectasis. Is this the first time she said she has it? I have it and its such a battle.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sandra, I think this is the first time she mentioned having it.

Sandra

07-05-2004

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandra a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lexie_girl I was thinking how could I've missed her telling everyone.

Libshea

08-31-2006

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 3:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Libshea a private message Print Post    
Another Brooks and cancer episode. I know Vicki works hard and has done well for herself, but she is so not the brightest bulb in town, and when it comes to this man she has lost all credibility. Does she even listen to herself. I could go on and on.
And although I get that Brianni doesn't like Brooks, I gotta say I was taken back by how strident and unwilling to change any part of her position she was with regards to ever possibly having any sort of relationship. This guy (Brooks) really hit a raw nerve of hers. (It was nice to see Brianna and Ryan interacting. He seems less uptight.)
I guess next week's season finale will be all about Brooks/cancer/when and what does Vicki know. Whatever happens I know that Vicki will throw out Jesus and Satan's names to throw everybody off.