TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 08, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars - Season 21: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 08, 2015 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Loved seeing Twitch and Allison's little girl...I guess she had to announce her pregnancy because she is getting a little round belly?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Happy for Twitch and Allison!! And Witney too.

Yes, a gimmick. After telling each of them things to work on then they have tweeters jumble up the couples and since the pros are competing with each other, it just seems wrong.

I'm not a big fan of team dances either. I mean I enjoy the dances but not the skewing of scores that can happen. And the choices for teams can be for the wrong reasons, too. Not saying they are ..

At least with the time taken up by the tear jerker stories, we didn't have to listen to Tamar spout attitude at her partner. Heaven help whoever gets her next week!

There is also less and less actual ballroom going on.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Do they have an elimination the week they switch partners?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think they have avoided that in the past but not certain.. But they still count the scores and voting from that week

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
The previous two times they've done the switching, there was no elimination that week, so I suspect that will be the case this time.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I completely agree with you regarding Tamar. I cannot wait until she is GONE!! She has been my least favorite since the first week. Too much of a diva for me. Yup, I pity the poor guy who has to work with her next week. Nice reprieve for Val though.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I did think she was heartfelt about how she felt about almost losing her husband and I also loved that he played the piano while she danced. That was a sweet moment.

Allymcbeal44

08-08-2009

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allymcbeal44 a private message Print Post    
Did Alphonso Rubiero get on anyone else's nerves?? He bugged the crap out of me~~ I thought he made everything too much about him!! Most of his jokes fell flat! I do hope Tom B's dad is OK though!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree. He was funny at first but then he seemed to take the "I'm taking your job" joke way too far.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah pretty full of himself. And Tom ad libs a LOT, which makes him special.

Tamar I'm sure was heartfelt about her husband and it showed in her affect, finally.. but that isn't what we were discussing.. it is her attitude toward her coach.. and frankly, from what I've read this timing for her is for publicity for her record and I think a tv show and maybe a book. I just cannot warm up to her..

Luvmom

10-17-2000

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvmom a private message Print Post    
I know Nick's life story from being a BSB fan but it still gets to me. I love how vulnerable Nick is. And his dance was so much fun. Alek and Bindi really got to me too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
One of the tabloids showed mug shots of Nick and several in his family.. wow.. it must have been rough.. mom, dad, stepmom, siblings.. and Nick..

Ruthamc

05-09-2011

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ruthamc a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know who the switched up partners are?

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I think we might find out today- they usually start practicing for the week on Wednesdays after they deal with getting songs cleared and such.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Kim is featured to be on "Live" on Good Morning America tomorrow (Thursday) I'm not sure I'll be able to watch, as I'm sure there will be whining involved!

I do remember the Carters, Aaron I think? Did a reality show for a bit - it was truly sad situation, so much dysfunction and Nick truly had to be responsible for his family, bread winner, etc... just sad.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I think Alphonso did a pretty good job of stepping into Tom's shoes.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Having a daughter who was very into the Backstreet Boys, I remember Nick's story very well. Sad that this kid had to step up to be a parent to his siblings and even then, there was trouble. I would say he's turned out pretty well for all he's been through. I think it's between him and Bindi.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Didn't his younger sister (between him and Aaron) die of a drug overdose...and I think his family blamed him to a certain extent.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Switchups in this article...

http://www.rickey.org/dancing-with-the-stars-spoilers-switch-up-partners-revealed/286450/
Bindi Irwin partnered with Val Chmerkovskiy

Tamar Braxton partnered with Louis van Amstel

Paula Deen partnered with Mark Ballas

Alexa PenaVega partnered with Derek Hough

Carlos PenaVega partnered with Lindsay Arnold

Alek Skarlatos partnered with Emma Slater

Hayes Grier partnered with Allison Holker

Andy Grammer partnered with Sharna Burgess

Nick Carter partnered with Witney Carson

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Derek never gets partnered with anyone bad

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
No, he really doesn't.

Paula and Mark should be hilarious. The rest should all be good. There are really no terrible pros or stars left this year with the exception of Paula who is of course slower and older.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I know I wanted to see Derek work with Paula - one because he doesn't get paired with anyone bad, and I think its because he knows how to choreograph to his partners strengths - so I thought Paula would be a HUGE challenge...

Yes, Nick didn't go to his sisters funeral because his family blamed him for not helping her... but wasn't he also in rehab? and I know the bitterness in that he got married, and his wife has made clear cut boundaries - meaning, his family can't guilt him in to giving them money.... it just seems so sad.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think he's had a partner or two who might have been very bad without him.

Actually, he might have been good for Paula but hopefully she will get something out of Mark as well.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I don't think Derek has had any better partners than anyone else (you do realize we have this SAME discussion every season. This time I'm saving the list! LOL) He's simply a better choreographer and teacher, IMO He works to his partner's strengths and covers their weaknesses so they're not noticeable.
Jennie Garth…..4th
Shannon Elizabeth…6th
Brooke Burke….1st
Lil Kim…5th
Joanna Krupa…4th
Nicole Scherzinger…1st
Jennifer Gray…1st
Ricki Lake…3rd
Maria Menounos…4th
Shawn Johnson…2nd
Kellie Pickler…1st
Amber Riley…1st
Amy Purdy…2nd
Bethany Mota…4th
Nastia Liukin…4th
Bindi Irwin

I agree it would be interesting to see him switch off to someone like Paula Deen, but I don't know that it would make much difference as they only have three or four days. I think it's the time that leads up to the show, where they work together and learn about one another, that makes all the difference.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
compare that list against Tony or Mark or most any of the males aand I still think Derek gets better partners.