TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 02, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars - Season 21: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 02, 2015 users admin

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Can I say once again I DO NOT like Tamar at all. Poor Val. He has to put up with her diva-like crap every week. Glad he stood his ground.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Coloredagua- from a article Derek did for TV Guide, what happened was:

They originally thought they had the OK for the Jetsons music Wednesday night and started to work on the routine,

They were told they didn't get the Jetsons music cleared Thursday morning so they started switching the routine over to The Jeffersons,

Then were told on Thursday afternoon the Jetsons music had actually been cleared, but by then Bindi was so far into the new routine they just stuck with it...

http://www.tvguide.com/news/dancing-derek-hough-blog-week2-bindi-irwin/

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i agree rvon! i was screaming at my tv last night "It's the 60's!!!!!"

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 3:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rupertbear, when Kim took pictures of herself wearing a waist trainer she looked like a freak of nature with her overly-sized big boobies and super skinny waist. She wore it for months.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Related to waist-trainers / small waists. Last night on Antiques Road Show they appraised a wedding dress from IIRC 1870. It was beautiful. Very good condition for its age. The waist did look disproportionately small for today's normal look -- 18". I had my grandmother's wedding dress from 1903. Waists were getting larger. It was two pieces. I tried on the skirt. Good length for my height. Waist -- no go 'round me. 22"

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kim wore the waist trainer her first week, which is why she couldn't move. The second week she ditched the waist trainer (probably at Tony's instructions). There was no way she could have done the Quickstep wearing the waist trainer.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I read several articles about waist trainers and their dangers.. broken ribs can happen, of course compression of organs.. no mention of blood clots but those could I guess be secondary to compression and then release of blood vessels.

Anyway, isn't it sad that this is getting all the attention this week and attention seems to be what is solicited. Real medical situation but exploited to the max by the show and the now ex dancer.

The guest judge.. well I don't like the concept and just because he won the show doesn't mean he's a qualified dance judge, though his comments seemed good, fairly often his score did skew the totals a bit. He certainly was better than the majority of the guest judges, though!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kim used to wear this super-small waist trainer and in the pictures she used to post she looked like a freak of nature that worked at a carnival. I can't even imagine the damage it did to her internal organs.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
She did look a bit ill-proportioned.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
She did look a bit ill-proportioned.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Apparently she hasn't had enough attention and considers herself above the rules.

link

Petitioning to be allowed to return..

The comments all agree with me..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OG, that's what happens when you mess with what you are given at birth..

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
An 18"-22" waist sounds dangerous and unhealthy!

I never watched any of the RH shows but these people seem to be off the map sometimes with the things they'll do for their appearance.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 3:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rupert, Kim Z is probably the worst of the HW when it comes to surgical procedures. The irony is she was very pretty when she first started on the ATL and she didn't need any of the procedures she had done. I'm going to try to find a picture of her with the waist trainer... <MG>

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
The rules are the rules. I just think "some" people think they can get around rules - because they have, we know that its hard when you are a rule follower to see others finagle a way around rules all the time!

but there is no doubt when they read a lawyers statement that means, its over!

I thought IF they showed her practice with Tony, and were judged on that dance (even if the scores were 1, 2's) THAT would be bending the rules for her! but they didn't!

and one of the judges said, they didn't have an elimination, but it could've easily been her on the bottom and voted out! and that's why there are RULES!

they could ask her back another season, but why would they!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Personally, I don't know why she would want to return, unless for the attention. She did not seem to enjoy her experience to me.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
They have used practice performances for official scoring purposes before because of injuries (Melissa Rycroft I know it happened to during her first season).

We don't know if the docs would have cleared her to perform- the issue was she wasn't going to be able to fly, and it's not like she could take a limo from Atlanta to LA each week.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would think she is on blood thinners now due to the stroke and, if so, they won't want her to hit her head or other body parts because it could cause a bleed. So IF she's on blood thinners, dance practice could be dangerous.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Wow Lexie! No wonder she's ended up with health problems. I wonder if she has some type of body dysmorphia?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I do not watch the Atlanta HW show but didn't she the first season hint or actually say that she had cancer and it proved not to be the case and she backtracked about it? I thought in the recap of the HWs anniversary show, Andy said it was his most shocking moment. Maybe I heard that wrong but it is the first thing i thought of when she said she had a TIA. She did not appear to be enjoying doing DWTS so I was wondering if this was a way out for her. Is there a test to see if someone has had a TIA? Or do they just go on symptoms? I imagine she had an angioplasty based on her symptoms but there has been no mention of a stent being put in. I'm not being mean just wondering if anyone else that watches the Atlanta HW show can enlighten me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 12:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
An MRI with contrast can show evidence of TIA. And the symptoms she described would match stroke, but who knows what happened..was there ever a statement from doctors or the hospital?

Zoesox

05-11-2011

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zoesox a private message Print Post    
CRAZY - If Alek wasn't asked to do DWTS, he would have been on site of the college shooting yesterday.

http://news.yahoo.com/ucc-alum-skarlatos-mourns-shooting-043128405.html

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Reminds me of all the "would have been there" stories on 9/11... never easy to feel happy to be alive when others were not so fortunate.