TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 16, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars - Season 21: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 16, 2015 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, September 14, 2015 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Bindi was great fun. So nice to see Alek do so well too. He seems like a very nice young man. What a great experience for him.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 14, 2015 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yay I was able to vote... What an interesting mix of 'Stars' this year, eh?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, September 14, 2015 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched this show for awhile but did tonight and I threw all my votes to Alek. What a fine young man. I really only know a few "stars" this year but wanted to see Bindi. She did well but look who her pro is....he wouldn't have gotten her if she didn't have some talent.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, September 14, 2015 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Bindi and Nick both deserved their top spots. Some good dancers and some not so good.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 14, 2015 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Most of the numbers were way too over produced. I don't enjoy DWTS as much as I used to.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 14, 2015 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
TO be honest I have severely mixed feeling about Gary Busey being on the show. He has a brain injury from an accident and it's painful to watch him rambling nonsense and making a fool of himself. If he had a modicum of ability to grasp the basics of dance, perhaps it wouldn't be quite so painful to watch. But he's a train-wreck. I'm not putting him down, I'm concerned for him. I can't see how this serves any purpose having him on the show. I really hope for his sake he is eliminated next week, although it will probably be that Housewife lady. My only other hope is that there is some kind of miracle and Gary IS able to learn to dance somewhat. Poor Anna sure has her hands full. I like how she kindly rolls with whatever he's blathering or doing.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 3:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I kind of feel the same way about Gary. If I felt like he 'in' on the joke about him, I wouldn't feel so bad.
Alek was really great and so sweet. I also was surprised how humble Nick Carter seemed.
I really felt for Kim being so nervous and relieved she did well, but i get so annoyed with the 'it's not my husband touching me'...what did you think dancing was? I didn't get the feeling that Tony was relieved but more embarrassed that he made the mistake.
I think the married couple might be annoying.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Lots to root for this year. 😀

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It always touches me when these famous people, like Gary, say that this was their Mom's favorite show and that's why they wanted to do it. He seemed totally normal at that point. I also like that they showed him, in the beginning, upset and going off by himself because he could remember do the steps... with Anna consoling him on the patio. Even the cameraman gave him space then. Both those seemed like real moments to me. Yes, he's a train wreck, but I think he really wants to do it.

Yes, Kim was nervous and didn't like the scores, but she just walked through the dance. I'm pretty sure that someone other than her husband has held her before, so that seemed weird to me. Later, when someone else got their higher scores than her (may have been Gary), she just looked mad behind them. Tony said something to her at that point, probably encouraging.

Alek was wonderful, he's just embracing the opportunity. I know he told our local media that when they asked, he thought, "why not learn to dance?" He's very humble about all this. I could even tell that he was doing the 'rise and falls' correctly. Guess I've watched this show too long.

Whew, when did Nick Carter grow into a hunk!?! He's positively handsome.

Bindi is adorable... she will probably be there in the end.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think that Kim did the least out of all of them. Paula, Chaka and Gary didn't do all that well either but they are struggling with more physical issues than Kim. Anyway, those four are clearly a step behind the rest from a dance perspective (I say from a dance perspective because I don't mean to imply that they aren't entertaining and shouldn't have fans).

With respect to Gary, I'm pretty certain that he doesn't feel at all exploited and is mostly having fun.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought Kim was horrible and I still don't like Chaka Khan's partner...did he HAVE to announce that he is a "king of part of Johannasburg?" Seriously? I did however like her. I'm not sure I've ever seen an interview with her and she is very likeable.

I could care less about the Vine kid (by the way, my daughter says he has an older brother who is even more popular).

Loved Alek, Bindi and Nick. I also liked both the PenaVegas and Andy Grammar, who made me tear up. Tamar was better than I expected, as was the jockey (Victor?).

The rest just kind of fall in the bottom of the pack category and whether they stay or not will be based more on how much people like them rather than how they dance.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Keo Motsepe is there to promote himself -- no one and nothing else. It's so obvious. What's with TPTB who hire the pros?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree. I will never forget what he said when he was eliminated with his first partner - something about how he was just here to get noticed! Who says that sort of thing even if that is probably what all of them think?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I said right away I was sorry Chaka Khan got Keo, and sure enough, the arrogance is still there and showboating with little content. And they had cha cha, which should have been easier than, say, quickstep, which Paula had to deal with.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
09.14.2015 Season 21 Week 1 "Premier"
Celeb/ProScores
(C/J/B)
Total12345678910
Bindi & Derek            
jive8 8 824(24)         
Nick & Sharna            
chacha8 8 824(24)         
Carlos & Witney            
jive8 8 723(23)         
Tamar & Val            
quickstep8 7 823(23)         
Alek & Lindsay            
foxtrot8 7 722(22)         
Alexa & Mark            
jive8 7 722(22)         
Andy & Allison            
foxtrot7 7 721(21)         
Hayes & Emma            
chacha7 7 721(21)         
Gary & Anna            
chacha55515(15)         
Paula & Louis            
quickstep5 5 515(15)         
Victor & Karina            
salsa5 5 515(15)         
Chaka & Keo            
chacha5 4 413(13)         
Kim & Tony            
salsa4 4 412(12)         

09.14.2015 "Premier"

Celeb/ProScores
(C/J/B)
Total  
Bindi & Derek8 8 824  
Nick & Sharna8 8 824  
Carlos & Witney8 8 723  
Tamar & Val8 7 823  
Alek & Lindsay8 7 722  
Alexa & Mark7 7 822  
Andy & Allison7 7 721  
Hayes & Emma7 7 721  
Gary & Anna5 5 515  
Paula & Louis5 5 515  
Victor & Karina5 5 515  
Chaka & Keo5 4 413  
Kim & Tony4 4 412  

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I'd think anyone from Gary down is in danger next week- there's enough of a score gap (even if they improve next week) for everyone else to be pretty sure of safety- right now Andy and Hayes are 2.4% ahead of the ones at 15. (250 points in total- 21=8.4% 15=6%)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Although I would be sad to lose Tony that Kim person can go...she was so stiff that she almost stood still the whole dance!

I think Victor might be the most in danger of the other in the bottom 4 - I think he's really sweet and has accomplished one of the greatest things in sports (well, to be honest the horse does most of the work but the jockey of course makes the horse go in the right direction) but he's not that well known.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Bindi filled my expectations last night. What a delight of a young woman.

I remember from The Crocodile Hunter when Bindi was first born and Steve named her.

Her first name comes from the name of her father's favourite male crocodile at the Australia Zoo, and her middle name is from the family's dog Sui, Sue.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I suspect Gary Busey could also really use the money from being on these reality shows.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
I always enjoy Gary and judging by the audience and other competitors so do a lot of other people. Obviously he isn't going far in this competition but I do hope he survives a couple of weeks.

Bindi is adorable. It is a long time since I have seen her. I love Derek. Sure he gets the more promising contestants but he also is a magician of making his partner look good. He features his partner.

Some of the other pros just use their partners as props to make themselves look good.

It's been a couple seasons since I last followed this show in real time. I was just watching the dances online. So I don't know if the beginning of the show is the standard opener but I thought it was spectacular. So energetic and fun,

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
did anyone else wonder how these "bottom" contestants would be if they had Derick as a pro?

just curious, would they be as bad as they were - or would they gain some perspective?

so, that would be my vote - have Derick be some kind of mentor to the dancers, he's brilliant with his choreography....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would rather watch Derek do what he does so well, choreography, dance, partner.. his team usually benefits when they have teams.

Val got Tamar, who is another with great potential so far.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 3:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Even Derrick couldn't help Kim Z. She wears a waist trainer which makes it almost impossible for her to move. She thinks over-sized boobies, wigs and a skinny waist are attractive.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Val cracks me up as he usually falls head over heels for whoever is his partner. I was REALLY hoping the romance would stick last season with Rumer. I fell in love with them as a couple.

LOL. Not happening this year. Tamar seems very formidable and diva-ish. Besides, isn't she married with kids? Anyhow, I am a huge fan of Towanda, her sister who was on Starting Over years ago.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Speaking of romances, I hear Robert and Kim are very happy together!