TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 11, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway Season 14: Archive through September 11, 2015 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, September 04, 2015 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Throwing Ashley under the bus would have been better if they did it because she was a strong competitor not because she was an "other". I did like that she was a demon with paint ball as well, you never know with someone.

I understand when people say that a business is tough and you have to be strong, but there is a toughness when you know everyone is on their own and there is a different type of thing when you realize (especially when the bus rode over her) that you are being picked on just because and you really have no friends. That was crazy insane, there were no good dresses, the material splatterers made sure of that, and no concept was the nail in the coffin, but Ashley's was not the worst by far. so many bad dresses, I can't believe that some people did not try and hide their faces.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 04, 2015 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
These was such a typical case of women allowing their emotions to rule them instead of practicality. It was classic. The "girls" picked their friends and the one who didn't get picked reacted emotionally instead of just figuring out how to use the situation to her best advantage. If I was Ashley I would have grabbed my fabric and done the best work possible and not given in and allowed the group to roll over her. Hopefully she has learned that lesson.

Kelly's outfit was the worst but I agree that Amanda "it's not my fault" needed to go.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, September 04, 2015 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I can't help but feel that Candice only wanted Amanda to stay because she would be so easy to beat in the end but this isn't Survivor lady!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, September 04, 2015 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I'm on team Merline, Ashley, and Laurie. Done with the other women. Petty and catty.

My impression of Jake improved... really liked his idea with the fabric... All the guys and Merline were great.

I love that the guys and especially Blake really took the mean girls to task in the stew room.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 04, 2015 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
All the girls' designs were awful. I didnt care who went home as long As it wasn't Ashley.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 3:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I loved what Jake did with the fabric and his outfit was great. In fact, I liked all the outfits on the men's team except for the puffy bubble-bottom dress. I will never understand what Heidi sees in those outfits because a bubble-butt dress won last week.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 5:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Swampnills dress was the only one I didn't like either. I figured the judges would think it was bad, but they loved it. Of course.

Sammi

03-31-2008

Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
When and if Ashley gets booted, I bet Gunn will use his save on her. I hope so anyway.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the blogs are universally negative toward all woman's clothes this week on the PR web site.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I didn't mind Swapnil's dress but I thought the skirt was horribly crooked.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes, that was part of the problem.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My recording just froze when Heidi announced the bottom three.. so did Amanda go home? She had two judges defending her look which was odd.

I wished all three of them could be booted.

Swapnil's, even if that bubble style was hot.. and I certainly don't remember anything remotely like that from the FIFTIES, at least where I was in the US, or on TV at the time, but the hemline wasn't even, there were a couple of ugly blobs that hung down.. very distracting.

I'm glad he didn't win it.. the one that won was ok and I wished also the guy who did the fabric would be more acknowledged, but at least the winner gave him props.

The mean girls were ridiculous, especially Candice. I had higher hopes for her but not now. so full of herself, so deluded. I guess she is from the school of fake it til you make it, which sometimes does work.

Loved Laurie..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This is a good link to see who is in and out:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/whos-in-whos-out

So Duncan, David, Hanmaio, Gabrielle and Amanda are now gone

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, September 07, 2015 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
The girls team was awful this week! I can't believe they couldn't come up with ONE thing to work with. Candice was like just start working it will come together. NOT!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 07, 2015 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And so bossy!

Since she and Ashley won together and Ashley won on her own, I think the intent was to show her up by not picking her, but when she ended up on that team, then it evolved into mean girling her and sending her home.

Yay for Kelly for calling them out!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, September 07, 2015 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Thats a good theory Sea - I could understand not picking Ashley first for Candice, but picking Amanda, i thought well... maybe she sees something in Amanda no one else does!

It just seemed from the parts they show on TV that people respect Ashley, so I was surprised she wasn't picked earlier, it really did seem like it wasn't about her design abilities, but her.

I wonder if later in this season if Ashley's team leader skills will come out. I really think she wanted to contribute, but realized it would just give them too much, or they wouldn't listen. She did seem more sad than mad. I'm glad Heidi said something after the teams were picked and of course Kelly called them out... and in the stew room, the guy supported her to speak out -

the guys team came up with an "era" came up with a story line then talked about it - as well as standing up their designs and deciding the order - and how to add to the designs! Not one girl figured out how to come up with a concept? OR maybe they were hoping the Team Leader would be sent home if they failed? Maybe they were hoping Candice would be gone?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I think the girls were hoping Ashley would go home. Laurie approached Ashley halfway through the challenge and told her that she doesn't like to gossip but she can't keep the info to herself... that the other girls are planning on throwing Ashley under the bus at judging.

When Candice picked Amanda she made the comment that she was hoping to give her some support or some other kum-baiya type of garbage. Newsflash Candice!!! You're in a COMPETITION and the goal of each week is to win... or at least be safe.

Now all I can think about is... was the poor performance by the girls intentional?? Was their endgame to get Ashley eliminated? She is/was the top female designer going into that challenge.

Hopefully karma will come back and bite Candice, Kelly, and Lindsay in the backside!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
If that was indeed their plan it was a particularly stupid and ill-thought out one. Ashley had never been on the bottom...no matter how much they "threw her under the bus" there was no guarantee that her garment would be anywhere close to being a bottom look based on her past performance. In addition, Amanda had the most to lose...after a string of bottom feeder garments she knew her head was on the chopping block (love all these whatever you call 'ems!) so it was in no way in her best interest to work with a group that performed poorly.

If that was their scheme then Candice better watch her back, because she has been on the top right next to Ashley in the competition.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Love the banner!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Just to add a note: If the judges eliminated on worst garment I think Kelly would have been waving goodbye. There was nothing original, special or interesting about her garment...and she only used a single strip of the designated fabric.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
It was very clear that Nina was TOTALLY over Amanda, so I was not surprised she went home. When Kelly Osborne says, "*I* could have made that dress," you know you are on thin ice!

Another odd thing - notice that Edmund, who has consistently been in the top and won, was also the last man to be picked. That was kind of obscured by the fact that there were more women than men, but that is another WTH as far as I am concerned.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It makes you wonder if it was a fear of them overshadowing the others' designs or there is a personality problem? Oh well, future shows should tell.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I like how they opened with the girls in their "condo" - it told me nothing, but I like seeing them there!

What was with the slumber party? and did it seem like they were putting things out of order? or was this a "rerun" "vamped up show? all of a sudden Tim Gunn comes in his pjs and says this grandpa's too old for a slumber party.... it just seemed out of context - but I love Tom gunn!

and who thought making underwear was easy? Certainly not me - I have to add I had to spend an hour in Victoria Secrets 2 days ago while dd tried to find 5 pairs of underwear! Thank goodness I brought my knitting with me - but, let me tell you - how odd the color choices were! Maroon and Orange were paired together - maybe its a school color I'm not aware of... (there was a lot of Bears wear, I'm in a suburb of Chicago)

and I didn't realize how young Ashley is! Good for her!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 11:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
OMG ~ I thought for sure they were going to send Jake home before Blake and I was ready to SCREAM, lol! They ripped Jake apart for barely making a cover-up and yet didn't say a word to Blake when all he did was wrap fabric around his model.

I didn't care for the lingerie challenge. So much work for so little to see, lol! All of their new ideas this season are really just about adding commercial time during the actual show.

Blake was eliminated this week. Yay.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, September 11, 2015 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I felt uncomfortable with the models wearing next to nothing with the lace ofthe underwear.
The winning product did not win with me either. It looked ill fitting and not finished, but most of the underwear looked unfinished and just stapled or glued on.