TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 25, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of OC: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 25, 2015 users admin

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Monday, August 17, 2015 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
I wonder if it is because he doesn't have cancer-who leaves their mate when they are sick?

I know that some of you think he does, but I had and still have my doubts about him. I have always thought he had sociopathic tendencies, and remember Vicki was not going to let him move in, no matter what...and then suddenly his cancer returned. His chemo treatments revolved around Vicki having to be somewhere else. I don't know, I could be wrong but he has never seemed quite right. He couldn't even go to Vicki's mom's funeral because her family does not like him and didn't want him there.

Now the story is on MSN- here's the video link.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/real-housewives-of-orange-countys-vicki-gunvalson-and-brooks-ayers-break-up-after-4-years-together/ar-BBlOcma

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, August 17, 2015 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I have a feeling the only man that would have any interest in her will be a new version of Brooks. She's put herself out to the world as a not very nice person.

Anyone know that status of her ex husband?

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, August 17, 2015 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I'm like you, Rubyroo. I hate to accuse someone of not having cancer but I can't believe Vicki would leave him if he does.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, August 17, 2015 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
sorry, double post

Alliet

07-11-2005

Monday, August 17, 2015 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
My husband has a colleague going through non Hodgkins lymphoma. His wife divorced him about 18 months ago, after about 18 years of marriage. It happens.

Susieqok

07-20-2010

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Susieqok a private message Print Post    
I have heard the divorce rate is extremely high when a spouse gets cancer (don't know this to be fact) but had a friend with cancer and after he was in remission they divorced after 13 years of marriage. I know V & B are not married, but seems to be when you live together it is similar.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I would say Vicki and Tamara are the top two for exaggerated and fake stories told over the years.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
I watched and do not understand how the psychic's story of the non-cancer is faulted to Meghan! It was Tamra who claimed to want no part of it, and Shannon, who wants to be so close to Vicky, yet those two are the ones who perpetuated the story as if Meghan had started the story. It was the psychic, and then Shannon who just couldn't let it drop. Sheesh...

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Tamra, Heather and Megan met with the psychic, Scott. After Scott said he didn't see the cancer and the girls were getting ready to leave, Tamra said something to the effect that she didn't think they should mention this to anyone because it could only cause trouble. Megan then felt the need to tell Shannon who was disgusted by this news and couldn't wait until the couples were through dinner to drag Vicki to the ladie's room and tell him. Vicki was understandably upset.

Megan could have just kept her mouth shut like Tamra suggested.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Megan told, of all people, Shannon. Shannon who, in my opinion and surely others, is not the most emotionally stable person and who was having dinner with Vicki that very night. When Megan told Shannon I wondered if it was a passive-aggressive act on Megan's part towards Vicki. It is not like Megan and Shannon are friends--just the opposite in fact. So telling Shannon pretty much ensured she would tell Vicki and upset the dinner.

I think Vicki overreacted, but then Vicki always overreacts. Maybe parts were edited out because at first Vicki handled the news in the bathroom, the way an adult would. But then she blew up fairly quickly at the table. Maybe Shannon just would not let it go.

I personally would not want to be around Vicki. When I think about it I would not want to be an acquaintance of any of the OC women, so why am I still watching and wondering about their lives? :-) Maybe because watching their train wreck lives, I feel better about mine? Maybe it is because I have watched this show on and off since the first episode and the women are like crazy long-distance relatives that one really does not have to be around but it is interesting to hear of their latest disasters? Ok, enough self-analysis....back to this episode:

Vicki has stated she does not want to be alone so I am also wondering if she has someone else in mind to take Brooks' place? She has said a couple of nice things about Don recently. Is he involved with someone else right now?

I could not believe Shannon's little 10-year-old daughter mentioned not only in front of the camera but with a smug look on her face about Shannon's drinking. Guess the daughter, or her friends, watch the show. It is a shame. I don't care about the adults but have often been concerned about their children.

I really have no opinion if Brooks' cancer returned or not. Could be either. Definitely do not trust him and think he is capable of making it up but who knows? I do know I would be making a visit to his doctor's office with him and I found it strange that Vicki who likes to be in control, had not. Maybe it was a story Vicki and Brooks both cooked up so they would have a storyline? I know that is pretty cynical of me even thinking that.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Good post, Roblover. All interesting, valid points. I've even wondered if Brooks fooled Vicki for awhile but when she caught on she didn't want the public humiliation so she played along until there could be a "remission" and they could separate and hope the whole thing faded into the past.

You are so right about the Beador drinking remark. That needed a much firmer response but they were on camera and caught off guard. Hopefully the incident has been properly addressed privately.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
I agree with both of you. Meghan mentioned someone she knew that faked cancer. It really does happen all the time. Last week there was that beauty queen that made lots of dough off of fund raisers for her. She even had family go with her for her chemo treatments. While they waited in the waiting room, she was sitting around in the hospital.
Meghan mentioned the woman did it for sympathy. Look what happened to Brooks..he sure got all of that from Vicki's friends.

Ronlover-I gotta say, I guess I'm just as cynical about thinking the same thing. I thought maybe Vicki did it so that everyone would accept Brooks. It's all weird, and Brianna didn't buy his cancer either..and she's a nurse.
I do believe that he might have had cancer at one time, but if he has been doing chemo on and off for the last 5 years, wouldn't we have heard something about it before this season????

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 3:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Good point Rubyroo:
It seems to me that we would have heard of it or noticed something ( perhaps ) in his appearance. Some time ago I was wondering if he was lying and thought that was the case when a preview showed Vicki fainting; turned out to be her Mom's passing. I had to bail on this show, not liking Vicki or Tamara so my only info comes from this board.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
WWHL was a rerun of a recent show with one of the guests being Vicki. When asked what was her favorite moment in the 10 years she said it was when Don and she exchanged their second wedding vows. I still wonder if she is not trying to get him back.

During the earlier filming, Brooks was noticeably thinner but in recent shows he looks like he did before and now he is drinking alcohol too. Hmmmm, wonder if he lost the weight to support his story. Vicki said in the most recent show that she had been with Brooks when he had chemo treatments. Meghan called her out on that and Vicki got a really strange look on her face. Editing did a flashback to something Vicki had said earlier in the season about doctor appts. I missed what they showed. Did anyone see that flashback?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Last night, Shannon went into her birthday dinner with such an attitude. She said she expected a lot but she could have at least tried to have a good time. She sat there complaining from the get-go and that even brought her kids into it. I get that her husband had the affair and it was on her birthday last year that he told her but come on, you chose to stay. You have to try too.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
And if Shannon doesn't want her girls to feel the tension in the relationship she has to quit criticizing her husband in front of them.

If she had a certain expectation for the night she should have chosen the restaurant and been more vocal about what she wanted for her night out instead of just letting everyone know, after the fact (during), just how disappointed she was.

What do I know, I thought it looked like a fun place, even if it was a bar. And what difference does it make, she wanted to drink anyway. BTW, Shannon, squeeze your own damn limes.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Roblover, on the show she said she made 2 of his doctor visits, but in the flashback she said she had not been to any doctor visits. With the 2 chemo's she could have just waited in the waiting room. I just think things have always been suspicious with Brooks and them suddenly breaking up is really weird.
I thimk Vicki was overly nasty to Meghan. I thought Megan handled herself really well. Most women in the past have cowed down to Vicki, but not Meghan. Vicki is so jealous.

I really could not stand Shannon's attitude at the dinner. If you know you can't handle something, then don't do it. She can change it to another day, or have a catered dinner at their house. What does she think will be in the food when you don't cook it yourself. I was really disappointed in her. She's hurting her kids, too.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was under the impression that Vicki went with him for the chemo treatments, but not to all of the doctor visits. My father receives chemo, but he also has doctor visits that don't involve chemo.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
I have never liked Shannon. She is very critical and acts uppity. Not a fan of Meghan either. Vicki never liked her...still don't. Tamara is tasteless. Heather is uppity, but I tolerate her. OC is not fun to watch anymore. Vicki screams and acts like an idiot. Meghan is playing "house"...wonder who will want out first? Meghan or her husband? Tamara has been low key thus far, but I'm waiting. Heather is so into her new house, she is zoned out too. Shannon is her own worse enemy. The way she reacted to her husband before the affair was hateful and she is still doing it. Don't see him sticking around for long.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Rubyroo77, for info on the flashback. I do understand what you are saying, Lexie_girl, in that Vicki said she was not present for doctor visits and that is not the same as being present for chemo treatments. Although I would think Vicki would have explained the difference to Meghan if Vicki were telling the truth. Instead she just had a "deer in the headlights" look on her face. Vicki was pretty restrained for her (so far that we have seen)in that she didn't jump up and start shrieking and running from the room crying like we have seen her react in the past.

Don't know about you all but I am tired of hearing Vicki remind everyone her mother just died. Last year I lost my mother and my only sibling within 6 months of each other (my father had died years before) and I did not feel the need to constantly remind my friends of it. They knew. And since these women "friends" were with Vicki when she received the telephone call, they know too.

I feel more sorry for Shannon, than dislike her. Not because her husband cheated on her but because she is, as you stated Bbwatcher, her own worse enemy. If she wants the marriage to go forward, she has to let go of the over-a-year-ago affair. It may be that she believes he has not ended that affair or has started another.

Shannon acted juvenile about her birthday dinner. Instead of feeling blessed she could have her birthday with her family, she acted like a spoiled child. I wonder if she feels he has not been punished enough and will continue to find ways he can fail? I do not see him sticking around forever under these circumstances.

Meghan appears to be still angry about Vicki's comments to her about the step-mother thing. I understand why she would be, but I bet she thought of and rehearsed that insult she hurled at Vicki at the end of the show long before the taping. To me Meghan acts a lot younger than a 30-year-old.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Something really bad had to have happened between Brooks and Vicki for her to have broke it off. Vicki stayed with him despite her daughter and family's disapproval of him and fought tooth and nail for him against all her friends disapproval.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Lexie-I wrote what was said on the show-I watched it a few times to make sure I got it right. I know you like Vicki, and that's ok. You just have more patience than I do. But she has not gone to all of his chemo treatments either. She has gone away, and he has had them while she was gone.
Remember at that time of the taping she was still with Brooks and would defend him no matter what.

Chit-Roblover-BbWatcher- totally agree with your posts.

If I were Meghan I would practice, too. She is VERY young, and really should run, not walk away from that marriage. He is such a loser. The look on his face any episode he is on it looks like he ate a piece of garbage. He is so condescending to Meghan, and I really don't know why he married her if he is that unhappy. You would think someone married for 4 months would be a lot more in love. He's such a snob.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rubyroo, I'm not a fan of Vicki's - I just try to give people the benefit of the doubt (more than they deserve) - unless their names are Nene, Kim Richards and Brandi Glanville (LOLZ - then no benefit of the doubt for them!!!).

To be perfect honest, I only watched half of my recording last night because I couldn't stay awake. I thought last week (or the week before) Vicki said she went with him to chemo, but not all doctor visits (but I could be mistaken - if these ishes wouldn't talk all over each other then I could understand what they are saying).

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
I feel that a person's medical treatment decisions are theirs and theirs alone. I know people that have had chemo, and radiation. I also know people that have only chosen to have 1 or the other treatments. It's a personal choice and shouldn't be up for group discussion or argument. The person that said that he didn't believe that Brooks had cancer was no medical doctor. All of them should have not gone there at all.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I think that it's up for group discussion when you go on reality tv.

Meghan handled herself well. It will be interesting to see the Edmonds exchange with Vicki next week.

Agree with the Shannon comments. She is perhaps harming her daughters more than her husband.