TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 27, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars - Season 21: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 27, 2015 users admin

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
2 more rumored celebs: singer Shaka Khan and chef Paula Deen...

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Chaka Khan, Chaka Khan, let me rock ya, Chaka Khan!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Paula Deen will probably be the first one out.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Why, Lexie?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
and she will be paired with Tony :-(

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 5:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
OG, because they will probably cast a couple of athletes or "stars" with dance experience. Paula Deen is 68-years-old - I don't see her having the stamina to compete past a couple of weeks in the competition.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Not only is she 68 but I also don't think she is in great physical condition either.

But this show should be partly harmless fun.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I think she pretty much did a 180 after her diabetes scare. Perhaps she's entered in to a daily workout routine of some kind. She might fool us.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Not to mention that a lot of the voters on DWTS are empathetic to women of Paula's age and still love her.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
They're going after the teens again- I've never even heard of this guy: Hayes Grier; he's a Vine/Twitter/Instagram personality (he's also only 15- 2nd youngest only to Willow Shields last season)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think Paula's had too many issues and some people may not be so kindly in thought about the butter years of killer recipes.. literally killer.

And then the wild card, can she dance? That is to be seen.

But yeah she has fans.

I'm a bit older than Paula and not the least bit empathetic but if she dances well, we will see.

So far no one is an instant turn off like Charlotte was and then kept being.

I will miss Len, too.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I honestly don't think that many people care about the butter. But I could be wrong. We will see how long she lasts (and no, I don't think she will last more than 3-4 episodes but that's not a bad run for a 68-year old woman).

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was thinking the same thing. Butter was her thing, it was a given that her recipes be fattening. just because she has diabetes doesn't mean that I didnt want to still see and make her ooey gooey recipes anymore. I can't see her as a graceful dancer, but I might be surprised.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I can't hate anyone for their love of real butter since that is all I cook with.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Didn't she have that racism scandal?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kitt, here ya go: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/19/paula-deen-racist-comments-n-word-caught-on-video_n_3467287.html

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yes, that was what sunk her empire, not the butter thing...although it didn't help.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was kind of kidding but she did build an empire promoting unhealthy food.. I use butter once in awhile. Of course the racism scandal hurts her as well.

Fat, salt and sugar to excess.. supposedly her son has 're done recipes to be healthier.

She continued to promote the unhealthy recipes for three years after she was diagnosed with diabetes, and only revealed her diagnosis after she got an endorsement deal with a drug company.

People were not amused.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
While they may not advertise it as readily, most of the top chefs use a lot of salt and butter in their cooking. I don't think that Paula is much of an exception.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, people were a bit dismayed over the diabetes revelation, but then many more times dismayed over the lawsuit, and her use (many years ago) of the N-word.

The lawsuit was thrown out, so it was much ado about nothing, but that doesn't stop a rabid public from destroying a career.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The biggest thing that sunk her career was her admitted use of the "n" word way back when. They think people have forgotten but I agree that she will most likely be gone soon.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Alexa Vega is confirmed, per Entertainment Tonight, as well as her husband, actor Carlos Pena....if they make it to the premiere, they'll be the first husband and wife to compete together ( remember, Jewel was supposed to compete with her husband, but she got injured before the premiere and had to withdraw...)

Another rumored celeb is Kim Zoliak- she was on Real Housewives of Atlanta...

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Paula Deen still has her defender/fans. And they may be fierce. I have a very low tolerance for the woman. Even before she blew up the Internet.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm with you, Lilfair. Not a Paula Deen fan. I'm not against butter, just racists.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
At least I know who Paula is!! Most of them.. no idea.