TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 19, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 19, 2015 users admin

Muffin

08-29-2007

Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 2:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I think they are including speaking engagements in that amount!
They did get a lot of those.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lots of working-age people in that family. GET A JOB!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I doubt they are in need of donations. I think they just want them. Easy money begging on the internet. Makes me sick thinking of some people who really cannot afford it donating to them just because they believe that what they've seen on tv in their show not realizing what a terrible cult they belong to. Also makes me sick they are teaching their children that it is ok to beg on the internet when surely they must have millions and millions of dollars.

I saw the donate button on a screenshot of their youtube channel. So I believe that part of the above article to be true. I read elsewhere about Jill and Derrick asking for donations for their mission trip even though they would not say where they were going, for how long, or any other details. I did not actually see it for myself though.

I've read that making a donation to them goes through their own payment processing company, so they make a profit off processing those donation payments. ugh! I read it on Free Jinger and there saw what seemed to be legit public records showing Jim Bob as the owner of that payment processing co., so, I believe it to be true.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, August 03, 2015 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Missionaries, for as long as I can remember have had to get support from the public…mostly like believers. In our church when they are going into heavily Muslim or other Christian hating countries it is never advertised where they are going to be. Too dangerous.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, August 03, 2015 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Christian hating countries? Like Muslim hating countries?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, August 03, 2015 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was going to post what Ophiliasgrandma said, only she said it much better. Hasn't Derek worked as a missionary in the past (indeed wasn't he doing so when he and Jill first met?)?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, August 03, 2015 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I imagine people who want to support missionaries are supporting the MISSION and the people on the mission, not a family at home with two score and more to support. They created them, they should support them.

And not be considered a church.. have a feeling that is one way to wash donations..

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, August 03, 2015 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
There are countries where Christians are not allowed in as missionaries. Mongolia, China, and Japan are some that are not considered Muslim countries as well as countries such as Iran, Iraq, Saudia Arabia and others that are. Missionaries don't go just to preach, although that's one thing they can do, they often go for humanitarian reasons, building schools and hospitals, medical care and other things. We have a friend who is a missionary to Japan, we can not mention his name because of fear for his life. We have a missionary friend in Mongolia who is there as an English teacher (that's what it says on his visa) who not only teaches English, but also teaches about God.

Most missionaries are not blessed to have an International Mission Board who pays them a wage, pays for their education and such. Most missionaries have to fund their work on their own, depending upon supporting churches and individuals for their daily needs. We have a missionary friend in Mexico who goes into areas where there are no churches other than Catholic. He, his wife, and children build churches from nothing using the support given to them by individuals and supporting churches.

That article is from a gossip rag and should not be given much credence. Jill and Derek HAVE said, now that they are on the mission field, where they are serving. They have not BEGGED for support but simply said that if people were interested in supporting them they would welcome that.

When you are supporting a missionary you ARE supporting the mission work. They live basic, rudimentary lives. Our Mexico mission friends live IN the church they're building, with their four children. They have no conveniences, most of the time it's a dirt floor. Don't assume they live a life of luxury on what is given to them. They don't.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, August 03, 2015 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Well said, MissP!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, August 03, 2015 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Even people who go via IMB are expected to seek outside funding at times. I have had friends in parts of Africa and especially the Middle East that even have to change their facebook information to be more generic so it can't be used against them.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 03, 2015 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The original article was on OK Weekly, and they are fairly reputable. But even the original is kind of thin on proof.

The actual article claim was that they will lose $25 million TOTAL, not anually.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Jill, Derrick and Israel are in El Salvador according to People magazine.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Another article from People Magazine.

http://www.people.com/article/josiah-duggar-ends-courtship-marjorie-jackson

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
FROM PEOPLE MAGAZINE

08/06/2015 AT 01:00 AM EDT
The cancellation of 19 Kids and Counting has cost the Discovery Channel $19 million, their Chief Financial Officer has revealed.

The Wrap reports that Discovery CFO Andrew Warren revealed details of the company's loss in a conference call on Wednesday morning.

Warren blamed "higher restricting and other charges this year of $19 million, primarily due to content impairment charges of canceling TLC's 19 Kids and Counting.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We need a link for that article please or we'll have to remove it. Thanks.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
http://www.people.com/article/19-kids-and-counting-cancellation-loses-discovery-millions

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks! :-)

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, August 07, 2015 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Thanks, MissP, for taking care of my error. I thought as long as I said where I got the article that would suffice. Guess not.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
oooops, that is not good.

http://gawker.com/family-values-activist-josh-duggar-had-a-paid-ashley-ma-....

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
If true ... Wow.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, now I think he's a creep!

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
There is no proof this is him, just a lot of insinuations. The media is set to persecute these people. You may not like their beliefs but no one deserves to gave their family destroyed by hate.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
I don't think anybody hates the Duggers. I just think that they find them hypocritical.
At least that is the way I view them. And I think some of the evidence shown in this article is rather convincing.
I could be wrong.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Honestly, I have defended Josh all along, anyone can go back and read my posts and see.

However, I always said that my defense was *unless* there is evidence of continued deviant behavior. To me, this is evidence. I feel little sympathy for people who used Ashley Madison and were exposed. The only possible exception is people whose spouses are permanently disabled, or who have an open relationship - and the latter won't care if they are exposed.

There are a LOT of people who are going to come to light that used this website. No reason to believe that this info is false. Sadly so.

I will note that the only way to access the leaked info from Ashley Madison is to go on the dark web, so I personally can't verify the info.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I would also note that it's possible someone spoofed his name on the account as well. Some AM users were known for having fake names, etc. The smartest ones, I presume.

But that's a lot of work to spoof him twice, with 2 different *actual* addresses.