TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 30, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: So You Think You Can Dance Season 12: Archive through July 30, 2015 users admin

Florin

08-27-2006

Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
It was interesting to watch the first show that allowed public to vote. Interesting format on the way they grouped the different dancers to dance a number. The two guys that are ballet dancers were great.

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching? I'm team stage all the way & that ballet dancer (WOW)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought last night's show was good, but boy did it show weaknesses among the different cast members. I felt really sorry for that stunning young woman with the very red hair. She was dancing her little heart out, as was the other young man, although he obviously was out of place, but that young man (from Israel?) really made their dance disjointed. It ruined the "team" aspect of the dance because he was so off and disassociated from the other two dancers.

Jim the ballet dancer was amazing - I wouldn't have known he wasn't in his own genre. I also liked the pretty blonde girl (the one Nigel said was underestimated).

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
JaJa ftw!

Florin

08-27-2006

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
It has been interesting the way they are mixing up the dancers in pairs, threes and between street and stage. What I do miss is having some of the chorographer's in the judges seat to giving their view points.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I thought they were going to dance Stage or Street, but now they all have to dance both Stage and Street. I totally misunderstood. They were very good last night. Have to go and watch their special tonight. I have it on my PVR.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
What I do miss is having some of the chorographer's in the judges seat to giving their view points.

I was just saying the same thing last night, Florin! I miss having a bit of fresh blood coming to the table each week. Nigel is always Nigel, Jason actually surprised me but Paula just gets worse and worse. She takes FOREVER to say anything and pauses between every word to gather her thoughts. It's almost like she has a speech impediment or a stutter of some sort. She is definitely the weakest link. What were they thinking???? I still miss Mary Murphy.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I was surprised that they did not have a panel of choreographers for their 10th anniversary show. I kept expecting to see Mary, Mia and/or Adam in one of the chairs.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I was surprised at that, too, Kooklie. I did enjoy seeing their Emmy-winning dances. Alex and Twitch at the end, too.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, loved seeing Alex and Twitch together again.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
fav dance ever!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We just watched the special last night. I did see Adam Shankman in the audience. Not sure about any of the others, but you'd think at least some of the choreographers would have been there. They did show a lot of film of Mary. Why oh why did they let her go???

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Because she wanted to leave...

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
Jim & Jaja are my picks

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Who went home? Our cable was out so mine didn't tape.

I liked the 10th anniversary show except all of the Seacrest interruptions. I would have liked to have seen more of the old favs.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Darion (was the the other ballet dancer?) and Lily (the street dancer with the great smile who was tasked with Bollywood (which I detest but others like...I always kind of feel sorry for somebody stuck with Bollywood)).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Gosh, this used to be one of my very top favorite shows and I guess I've lost interest. I do record and kind of watch but am distracted and FF through so much. Don't really know the dancers yet.

Did watch the anniversary show and was good to see some of those routines and Mary.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I think Bollywood has caused the demise of a few. My favs are Gabby, Yorelis (sp?) and Yaya. I never would have thought that I would be rooting for team street!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I like your packages

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
lMAO, best part of the show. this season is the worst for me. The dancers are subpar and the choreo is reflecting it. I miss guest judges,

Im not alone in this thinking judging by twitter/instagram

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I finally watched the special last night and was somewhat disappointed. Of course I thought the dances they showed were great, but there were too few of them. More time was spent promoting Ryan Secrest's new show than highlighting the history of SYTYCD. I would have loved to have seen some clips on "where are they now" of the past winners. I certainly could have lived without them showing their current dancers (although fortunately they kept that short and simple) and montages of the ridiculous people in the past.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
they basically ignore season 1 winner Benji. I wonder what he did to piss off Nigel and co

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Really they ignored almost all the winners. Except for the brief montage and the fact that Katherine danced one dance none of the winners was featured were they?

I know Eliana is recovering from an injury, and I assume Ricky is busy on Broadway, but surely some of the winners could have been on the show.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 4:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Benji won season 2

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I think Ricky is done on Broadway. He's supposed to be teaching some classes somewhere. I think his gig in On The Town was only for a month.