TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 17, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of OC: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 17, 2015 users admin

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I could not stop crying either. I hope her crying was 100 per cent real because otherwise it was lowdown. Heather seemed genuine when she called Terry.

As dumb as it sounds,it is terrible that death is so final. You never realize how horrible it can be until you lose someone you love.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
She broke my heart. Having just lost my mother in January, I felt the pain when she was saying she had no parents anymore. I don't either. I don't think there was anything put on at all about her. I think it was a gut reaction to the shock of just talking to her mother that morning, to having her dead that night.

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I'm very sorry, Rubyroo, for the loss of your brother.

Mamie - I was thinking about you while I was watching the episode and hoping you weren't watching because I knew it would be so hard for you to see.

I agree - I thought it was completely real.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 3:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Vicki's blog is a heartfelt tribute to her mother.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
I think it was a re-enactment of the news. Why did she ask to use the phone and why use a land line to make a long distance call?

Why not call on her OWN cell phone if she had to make a personal call while at someone's home?

I don't fault Vickie but Bravo wanted it.

It just didn't make sense to me to use a land line when everyone uses their cell to call family.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Because as a general rule, there is a "no cell phones allowed" rule when filming (unless it is a "scheduled call" from one HW to another to be filmed). From what I have read, Brooks couldn't reach Vicki because her cell phone was turned off, so he called the producers to have Vicki call home. Haven't you noticed that they are never seen talking on their cell phones when they are filming as a group?

Several in the cast have said it can be difficult for some to get cell phone reception at Shannon's house. I can totally understand that as one of my friends home has the worst reception ever for cell phone use and she is only 4 miles from my house. I can go to her house with a fully-charged phone and within a matter of hours my battery is dead and others have complained about the cell phone reception at my friend's house. And most carriers for landlines don't charge long distance charges anymore so I don't think Shannon was going to have to worry about a long distance charge of $3.00.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Meghan is a disaster. I can't stand her. Did she also have the talk about STDs when she gave her 17 year old step daughter birth control? Now she has pink hair in honor of Jim's ex wife that just passed away. Are you kidding me? Anyone who dies their hair pink is looking for attention for themselves. She is a nasty, childish trainwreck.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, August 03, 2015 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Watching the latest episode, I was embarrassed for them. How does getting drunk equal having fun? And they were sooooo loud during this whole episode, especially Vicki.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I think Jim's wife lost the battle with breast cancer...hence the pink hair. Everyone needs to have birth control talk with 17 year olds. I know I did. And usually std's are talked about in that conversation. It seems she's a great step mother and loves those kids. Step moms can be horrid but not Meghan.

Yup they looked foolish in their drinking and in their screaming about getting into the water with the sharks and sting rays.

I have some longtime girlfriends some go back as far as grade school and we have NEVE touched each others boobs and YES has implants. What's with grabbing each others breasts??

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
And usually std's are talked about in that conversation

Birth control pills won't protect you from STDs so unless you are in a committed relationship (at 17?) you are going to have to use a barrier method to protect yourself.

And LeeAnn Edmonds had colon cancer not breast cancer. The color symbol for colon cancer is dark blue.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Hopefully responsible parents talk about STD's when talking about BC with their kids. It's foolish not to. I think we all know that some 17 yo olds have sex that are not in committed relationships.

Colon cancer...very sad for the entire family. It's wonderful that her kids will have Meghan there for them.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Lilfair, I feel the same way. Why was such a fuss made about Meghan having such love for her step children? I would think the ex would rather they be loved and cared for when visiting their father and stepmom then be hated or made to feel uncomfortable.

I think the green eyed monster has raised it's ugly head with Vicki again. She is such a snob and a trouble maker.
What an embarrassment when they were on vacation. People wonder why other countries don't like Americans-they were a perfect example. So gross.

I notice Vicki loves to do things for attention. Her stupid dramatic gagging and snoring are getting old..so is her whooping it up. Driving the golfcart up to the entrance was just plain childish..and not at all funny. I don't think the owners were too happy about it.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I really like Megan and how she loves the children. How wonderful for LeeAnn to know that her children would be so loved as she passed?

Pretty wonderful to not have to put a daughter on birth control pills until 17. My kids waited but it is not the norm. There are 12 year old girls having sex around here. Very sad!!

Good for Megan helping her make good choices.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Yup Vicky has issues. Weren't her own children raised by a loving step father? I was a late comer to OC only have been watching the last 3 years. Didn't Vicky's children love their step dad? Vicky doesn't have the best relationship with her own kids she shouldn't be talking about other families when her own isn't stellar.

Vicky and her cohort are worse than obnoxious 16 year olds.

Yes, there is a reason Americans get a bad wrap vacationing in other countries. Their manes are Vicky and that other one.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
You're correct about Vicki's children, Lilfair. I just saw the last episode and how embarrassing they are in public. You could tell the staff was thinking negatively about them. Did you see the looks on their faces?
I also don't see why some of the women, Vicki especially, have to treat Meghan the way they do concerning her stepchildren. Stay out of it! None of your concern!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Exactly. Meghan may have flaws and be out of line at times but it's NO ONE's business to attack her for being a stepmother and all that entails. All stepmoms are different depending on the setting and people -so to say you will never be their real mom is just totally cruel in every way. It's up to the family involved to determine what kind of bond they have with each other.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I'm more cynical than the rest of you but that comes from the short amount of time that she has been part of that family and also Jim's marriage history. Meghan is his third wife and they have not been married for even a year yet. Jim's last marriage was ended in Jan. of 2014 and lasted only 5 years. A child can benefit from the love of any adult in their life but she has been on the scene for a relatively short amount of time and may not be around long. Her two older step daughters are 21 and 17, she is 30, so may be more of an "older sister" figure than a step mother. The deep attachment she expressed for these children seemed a little suspect to me, how can she even know them that well, yet?

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
It's never bad when the new wife loves her step children, I think we can all agree on that. There are too many horror stories when the new wife and the kids do not have a good relationship.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Yes, Lilfair, I do agree with that, wholeheartedly. It is a good beginning at any rate, and good for her for setting that atmosphere.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
From what I understand-maybe Lexie can help..but the first wife that just died was mom to the older children, but did I hear Meghan say something about younger children, too. I am not sure, but maybe the second wife, who Heather is friends with, has younger children, too. I don't have the show on my dvr right now, but for some reason I thought there was young children, too. Didn't Meghan say something about seeing the children 50% of the time?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jim has two children with his first wife, Lee Ann, who passed away a couple of weeks ago. He was then married to his second wife, Allison, from 2008-2014, and he has two children with her.

Meghan did say something about seeing the children 50% of the time. He married the second wife in Missouri (actually he married all of them in Missouri). So it looks like after Jim marries them, he ships them off to the OC to live.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lexie-I thought I heard her say she saw them 50% of the time.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, Vicki really is not nice to Shannon....just watching some old shows actually they are from 2015 so they may not be that old. They are in Moorea.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I caught half of this week and Vicki was her usual self in attacking the new younger woman - she's tall - Megan?

Any chance Megan is transgender? I'm going by the shape of her body from the back.

Heather stirs up so much trouble and yet sits back and claims to not have any part in it at all.

I'm glad Shanoon and David are in a better place and I do hope they make it. I'm also glad Lizzy got to be in part of the season.

Tamra is a born again Christian? Forgive me if I take a wait and see attitude.

Susieqok

07-20-2010

Monday, August 17, 2015 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Susieqok a private message Print Post    
News release that Vicki and Brooks are not together. Per realitytea.com

After much prayer, thought, counseling, and consideration, we have decided to end our four year relationship. We both wish nothing but a great future for each other. We have come to realize that one can indeed love someone in their heart, but that the time may come for their lives to take separate paths.”