TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 16, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dance Moms: Archive through July 16, 2015 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 24, 2015 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I doubt Aubrey did anything except show up to play her role. I think the show did that, these videos are advertising for the show. SO McKenzie is a star? I wonder how many singles she sold?
Supposedly on release day, her album reached number 7, but it is how long you stay on the list, not where you peak at for an hour.
I understand she is a kid who may not have the experience of years of singing lessons, but the auto tune is so pronounced, it is like there is no her in there. Sometimes I wish they never invented auto tune.

Florin

08-27-2006

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I noticed that the last video that Sia did she didn't use Maddy and on dancing with the stars she used Derek and his sister Julianna with another set of kids dancing at the same time while she sang Elastic heart.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Sia said that he Maddie was a trilogy and she has moved on to other subjects. But Maddie is in talks for a part in some movie now. Sia supposedly hooked her up with some producer.
Let's hope her mother is there for her when producers are involved, This is Hollywood and there are many famous pedophile producers there. Some how I can't see her mother being able to say no to anyone.
So was reading the other day that Nia will be out before the end of the season and she is happy to hang out with Chloe and Brook again. I believe this is the official end of the contracts with the original cast.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
too late to edit. - just found post where Nia denies she is leaving the show

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I don't know why I got back on the show (oh, that's right they went to Australia, and my ds lives there now so I watch anything Australia! lol)

anyway - Holly was always the quiet one on the outside, why did she suddenly become so combative? It seems so unlike her, but at the same time, like Pamy said, Abby ALWAYS treated Nia like shit!

and I know I've heard Abby say "she" is their agent (which is a scary thought, but I bet she does get a piece of those kids earnings!)

and Holly and Nia have been absent in appearances, so it was speculated they would leave - wonder what their Dance Mom contract looks like!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Abby is so jealous that Nia got big names for her video. Judging by how the dancers reacted to abby when she judged DWTS I have a feeling she isnt respected in the LA dance community.

Is it wrong that I want Maddie to lose every week? LOL I just get so sick of her being shoved down our throats

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
remember this is a produced reality show, I am sure that the producers paid for Nia's video and that is why Holly is sticking around.
Abby does not determine who is on her dance team, that would be the producers.If it were up to her, people would be thrown off all the time. Chloe was in a different dance school for her last year of appearances, she was just there for the competitions and filming. Someone else appeared who was in a different dance school, I can't remember who.

Sammi

03-31-2008

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
This isn't very nice but I hope she is a big flop in LA. The kids are great dancers but they probably have many great dancers there too. I know what u mean Pamy, I feel guilty wanting Maddie to loose every week too, but as u said I am sick of her being shoved down out throats.

Florin

08-27-2006

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Sammi. I am so tired of the way Abby treats the kids. She is so mean. It is almost like she is jealous of the attention they get.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, I think something is going on, Abby is supposed to be bad mouthing production claiming they are editing her to look bad - she just noticed? would anyone be surprised to see a different dance teacher in the future?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Even when confronted with proof of what she says, she still denies her words. Holly know they weren't included in the Australian performance ahead of time so she made her own arrangements. On the show, Abby made it sound as if Nia was supposed to be at the performance, but Holly made other plans behind Abby's back. Did Abby really think Nia should go all the way to Australian and just watch everyone else dance?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Nia and Jojo we not invited to Australia, just like they were not invited to Ireland. But production sent them over anyway for drama. I do believe that Abby thinks she has more power than she actually does.

Florin

08-27-2006

Friday, July 03, 2015 - 12:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I couldn't believe on Tuesday's show she refused to let Kendal, JoJO and Nia give her a hug and yet let the other kids give her one. I was glad that Maddie got 3rd place on her solo.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, July 03, 2015 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I couldn't believe that she isn't giving them classes. Even employed Broadway dancers take classes several times a week if not daily.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 03, 2015 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
She has gotten worse every year! I was so happy Maddie got 3rd. She has gotten such a big head, she needed a smack down

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Friday, July 03, 2015 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
I adore Kalani! She is so talented, I've watched some of her dances with her actual studio, and she is fantastic. Especially when she improvs with Addison Moffet. She also seems like a kind, genuine person.

Sammi

03-31-2008

Monday, July 06, 2015 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
Kallani is gorgeous, Jojo is adorable, and Nia is so grown up looking. Those are my three favorite and I wish those three mothers would take their kids and go to another studio where they would be treated the way they deserve. I will never understand why the parents seem to stay with that mean, nasty women. She is getting worse. I am glad that precious Maddy came in third place, She needs to get some cupponence her head has got so big. She was pissed the week her little sister beat her.

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
Sammi, all the moms are under contract with lifetime. Either something really drastic has to happen or they pay a lot to get out of them. Abby admitted to that on an interview with Rosie o' donnell. She also explains her blow up with Christi, it's sad how she treated Chloe!

I also agree with everything you said about Nia, Kalani, and JoJo.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
When you watch the show you can see the producers/editors are not fond of Abby. Her edit has turned vicious this year, It could be her with all her vality surgery and overvalued self, but they are not hiding anything, I can't believe they showed her in her bra the other day. Didn' Abby once say that she opened her blouse when she did not want the camera guys to film her, well that doesn't seem to work anymore.

This is the last year of Nia's contract, so that will end, Abby really opened a dance studio in LA, but I can see that failing, ha, I think they will be looking for a new dance instructor next year to follow. There is quite a fight going on behind the scenes with Abby and the producers.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I read somewhere that Abby is not showing up on set because she has a financial dispute with production. I can't see Dance Moms coming back without Abby.

She/Abby is a piece of work.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
In the article below it she talks about how the moms kept nagging her about classes and she left then production threw her out? so she won't be seen on a few episodes. It also says that they have not paid her and until they do she won' sign on for a season 6.

http://www.etonline.com/news/165702_did_abby_lee_miller_just_say_she_quitting_dance_moms/

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
I mean with Jill and Melissa still in the show, there will always be drama, but Abby not being there was a nice change of pace. Gianna (and some other people I imagine, because it would be hard for one person to teach five different solos in three days) did a fine job. So if the show does continue and Abby isn't part of it, I'd be okay with that, to say the least.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I didn't think Abby did the teaching of the dances anyway - it was her studio, she ran it, but most was for the TV show I always thought.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sadies, I thought the same thing! she pissed off the producers cuz they are showing her way differently thhis year!

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
These are some videos I found about the actual making of the show. I thought they were interesting, so I thought I would pass them on. The first one is a Kalani meet and greet. It's a long one, and it's not all about dance moms, but she gave some good insight. The second one is Kelly, Christy, and Kelly talking about how the show isn't scripted but it is edited.

http://youtu.be/FFjewybd578

http://youtu.be/swGJXvlo-Vg