TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Project Runway Season 14

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway Season 14 users admin

Project Runway
Project Runway (on Lifetime)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 09, 2015Dipo25 08-09-15  4:13 pm
Archive through August 15, 2015Jimmer25 08-15-15  10:23 pm
Archive through August 27, 2015Dipo25 08-27-15  10:33 pm
Archive through September 04, 2015Cass_cat25 09-04-15  9:22 am
Archive through September 11, 2015Sadiesmom25 09-11-15  7:06 am
Archive through September 19, 2015Sadiesmom25 09-19-15  10:41 am
Archive through October 02, 2015Lilfair25 10-02-15  11:04 am
Archive through October 09, 2015Roxip25 10-09-15  10:07 am
Archive through October 16, 2015Uncle_ricky25 10-16-15  12:48 pm
Archive through October 23, 2015Granjan25 10-23-15  9:37 am
Archive through October 30, 2015Lilfair25 10-30-15  1:26 pm
Archive through November 06, 2015Seamonkey25 11-06-15  10:16 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Roblover

05-17-2011

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Well, while we are mentioning the designers personal fashion choices for the final, I will add that I did not like what Kelly wore. The white shiny fabric was not flattering at all and made me feel sorta embarrassed for her.

I, too, thought that winning the prizes would have meant more to Kelly. Felt sorry for her when she was trying not to cry. Nina seemed taken to her and might provide some help.

I like Candice's style. Know it is severe, but I like it.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Oh, wanted to mention that Ashley was on that terrible Rachael show that airs after Runway. She was very quiet. That show is so bad it is like a parody of such shows. Seriously it is like a SNL skit. To make matters worse, right after it aired, Lifetime aired it again! Back to back ugh! :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Roblover, each week I am shocked that the Rachel show is still on. It's like watching someone's home movies which only they enjoy.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
As a Plus Śž girl, I will not be wearing Ashley's styles. I'm hoping there will be a designer that comes up with clothes that actuallyook good on heavier women. Our choices right now are either something your grandma would wear or Ashley's type cloths. There never seems to be a happy medium. Everything is very thin I clingy material, sleeveless, loud patterns or stripes.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
I am not normally heavy but veer into plus periodically (especially holidays) and I would wear everything in Ashley's collection except the finale piece. The middle baring looks are not for everyone, but I could see a younger plus woman wearing that and I would be comfortable with it with one of those lace overlays she was showing. Finale dress - never - but I could see how it tied into her theme in a sort of over the top Latin way.

Also - I thought Ashley's message was great: If you are plus, you do not need to hide behind drapey clothes and wear dark colors all the time. To me it said - yes, I am curvy and I am ready to celebrate that.

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
One of my sisters is in fashion apparel and merchandising as her major, and I liked her opinions, so I'll post it here.

I have so many issues with this.... (SPOILER WARNING)

1. She didn't make anything fashion forward
2. I feel like PR was SUPER biased for her
3. Her proportions on some of her designs were HORRIBLE...

So while I'm happy for her in the end (even though this too has been my dream) I'm very frustrated too. Not a great season all in all but at least there's new improvements to the world of fashion.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Another thing that makes me wonder is the Tim Gunn visits to these people. Why didn't he say to them:

Candice - These are costumes
Ashley - Sew on the flowers
Edmund - Whuuuut with the ruffles?
Kelly - Too junior

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought he did make comments. it is just the judges gave contradictory advice

Tim encouraged Candace to use her color pattern, the judges told her to drop it all and she ended up looking like vampira.

Tim said something to Edmund about the Ruffles, Edmund decided to ignore him

I sort of remember him telling Kelly to bring up the sophistication level.
I can't remember what he told Ashley, but he said something.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
I am going to have to go back and rewatch the home visits, to see how Tim's comments lined up with the judges. I thought he was much more positive than negative with all of them, but I will rewatch, maybe I am remembering it wrong.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Love to see Tishala's excellent commentary, LOL.

Florin

08-27-2006

Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I did see an article where Tim Gunn stated he thought this season was very lackluster. Of the 4 designers I disliked Kelly's the most even if I was younger and thinner there is no way I would wear anything in her collection. And there is nothing attractive about a fanny pack.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 13, 2015 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Anybody watch the reunion show last night? There are some unhappy people in that group! Sure did make me like Ashley less - I think she excels at playing the victim card to the hilt. Blakey came off as pretty bitter too - that boyish charm seems to wane the more you hear him talk. Candace apparently isn't well liked by her former competitors and Kelly won a $25,000 prize for winning the most challenges. Swapnil actually came off pretty well in my opinion.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, November 13, 2015 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Did anyone catch Candace's face when Kelly won the 25K. She recovered well enough to say she deserved it. I don't think Ashley came off looking bad. Yes she cried and was emotional but it was evident that the girls didn't want to be friends with her. And to not pick her for the paintball gig was ridiculous since she just came off with 2 wins.

And I thought her last runway was better than the others and her clothes could be worn by a size 2 or 22.

It was a seriously lack season as far as great design goes.

And Gab the first evictee seemed rather sane too.
Laurie came off looking the most sane.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Friday, November 13, 2015 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I agree Swapnil was easy to like last night.

They showed the clip of when women contestants were asked in Paintball challenge which person they thought should be voted off and then when they answered "Ashley" they were told they were picking on her. LOL! Those type of questions Make the contestants pick on each other.

Maybe Ashley was picked last for the paintball challenge because they did not like her designs even if she had won with them. Everyone seemed to like her first design but after that I don't think any of the competitors were impressed with her work.

I still like Candace and did not pick up during the reunion that the other contestants did not like her, but I could have missed something.

Wish Edmond could have won the $25,000. Wonder if the show was trying to figure out a way to help Kelly since the criteria for winning was the person who won the most challenges and they knew she did. I laughed when Tim Gunn told her she would not have to work at the diner with the reward they gave her. $25,000 doesn't go that far, but she could cut her hours down.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, November 13, 2015 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I missed most of the reunion but did catch the bit where they showed Ashley's first outfit. I loved that outfit and then she just went down hill to me after that, LOL!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
During the reunion I recall a number of the designers just getting up for more refreshments when Candice was speaking. One designer even commented on this as they walked away from the television set.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Canadians - I closed my eyes so I wouldn't see the banner!

After I don't know how many years this is back and season 14 is airing starting Monday Jan 18 on Bravo Canada. 2 episodes.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
They are also running All Stars right now and Juniors will start next week.

I guess we will be all caught up come the new season. I hope they will show some older ones though. I can't remember when they stopped airing it here.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: