TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Home Free- starts 7/22 on Fox

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Home Improvement: Home Free- starts 7/22 on Fox users admin

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, July 13, 2015 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
It's a basic home competition show- 9 couples, all from the Atlanta area help renovate a home each week. Each episode, one couple is eliminated, until the last couple wins a dream home......but there's a twist...

http://tvline.com/2015/07/13/home-free-fox-series-twist-video/

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
What they don't know is that the losers are also the winners, as the couple eliminated each week will win the house they just helped renovate!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 12:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I just watched the first episode. I also thought the twist was supposed to be a surprise, but it's only a surprise to the participants. They tell the viewers over and over....in fact they show the viewers a little TOO much. The opening introduction seems to show the "money shot" for a lot of the episodes! I FF-ed thru the rest of the intro after I saw how much they were giving away in the opening.

Good show. I enjoyed it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sanfran. I was curious about what you thought of it. I don't like when they give away too much in the previews so I'll try to skip over that part when I watch it.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The contestants had great sob stories, but little in the way of remodeling skills.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I was expecting Holmes to tell the first couple eliminated that they would fix the problems they had noted during the judging....the paint, the wood that needed sanding, the badly hung fabric panel and the not so nice mortar work on the poolside structure, etc... He is known for refusing to do less than his best on a renovation...at least on his HGTV home improvement show where the premise is that Holmes comes in to fix all the mistakes left by previous bad contractors! That couple were judged to be the least adept at renovation but they are left to fix the mistakes that this group of amateurs made?

Maybe they'll show up on "Holms on Homes" and Mike can fix the mistakes made by himself, as the contractor on this renovation! (LOL just joking...that series apparently ended in 2009)

I also didn't realize until the end that each house they work on will be progressively bigger and better....so at least this show is an actual competition. First couple eliminated gets the smallest house and the last couple eliminated gets a brand new dream house.

Jimmer, yeah....I saw promos on TV at least a half dozen times in the past week showing the reactions of this first couple that won the house.....before the show even started! That would be like using Oprah's big "YOU get a car, and YOU get a car, and YOU get a car! moment" as the promo for that episode where she gave everyone in the audience a car. Kind of a self defeating "surprise" moment...

Did they think no one would watch if they didn't spoil the big emotional moment at the end of the premiere episode before it even aired? <smh>

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I record the shows, but FF through them. Watch only app. 10 - 15 minutes of each show.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I watched most of it tonight. I didn't understand why they made such a big deal of the one team not using more pieces of the truck. The other team had a small boat to incorporate in comparison so I didn't think that was fair.

The other thing that bugged me was that they eliminated the garage altogether. As a person with no garage who yearns for one, that was a poor plan in my book! I also thought the studio ended up as a throw away shack but that's just me. I love the idea of those backyard studios but that pales compared to what I've seen done with those online.

The teams really didn't do that much to the house itself tonight as Mike's crews took care of most of it. Is that to teach them to think about other areas of home improvement?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 5:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I agree about the garage. No garage???

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, June 17, 2016 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch this last night? I feel like I missed something. Did they actually do anything to contribute to building the house? I didn't really care for the premise and the reveal. They seemed to have reduced it to just a bunch of competitive obstacle courses. No design no construction. Either that or there is a whole lot of stuff on the editing room floor.

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, June 17, 2016 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Jasper - They showed just a couple of quick cuts to them working inside the house but then they would pull them off for the competitions. Hopefully, it won't be like that every week and we will see more of what they did last year. The design part was a lot more interesting.

It's kind of strange now that everyone knows that their person will get a house. There's not a lot of incentive. For anyone who knows they won't make it to the end, they might as well drop out immediately and let their hero get the house and not have to do any more work. I know they offer the money, but some of those people have to know there is no way they could ever win.

Doesn't it seem odd that if you know you are going on a construction show, you wouldn't at least practice using a hammer and saw?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 17, 2016 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Scout, it's like the people who go on survivor and don't bother to learn how to start a fire.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, June 17, 2016 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Even Mike and Tim seemed a little lackluster with the reveal. And you're right Scout I thought the actually design and construction part of the redos was more interesting. This time it seemed like a whole lotta boring work orders.

And most definitely, if they are not competitive people they'll be planning their withdrawal if they like the house. I could see it coming down to who throws the comp at the end the best.

If you like this sort of thing and haven't seen it Game of Homes is good.

And I wasn't quite sure that one guy even knew which end of the hammer to use.

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, June 24, 2016 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I'm confused. Why were there only four team members on yellow and six on orange when there has only been one elimination? Did I miss someone dropping out?

I don't like only seeing the challenges - it was the most boring part of the first season and all we seem to get this time around. Now it's strategies and alliances and backstabbing. Like it wants to be more like Survivor.

They barely even show us the houses at all which is my favorite part.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, June 24, 2016 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I agree Scout. I took it off my PVR. There was 5 on the bearded guy's team I believe. 3 men 2 women, now only 4.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 24, 2016 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think that the premise of the show is the competitions and not the building. I don't remember seeing this previously so I could be wrong.

But it seems that the whole show is about the change orders, and I don't think Mike Holmes trusts anyone to build the houses but his crew.

I haven't watched my tape yet so can't comment on why the teams are so mismatched.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, June 24, 2016 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
last season was so much better and the premise was the building and design. There were teams of two people trying to win a home. The redid homes that need remodeling. the teams of two were put in to larger teams and competed that way. But there was design and building. There weres little comps and work orders for advantages like first pick of rooms or outside etc. Mike was the host. and unbeknownst to them as each team was eliminated they got that house. The other teams had no idea this was happening. But it was in different neighbourhoods so easier to keep secret.

March

10-02-2003

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send March a private message Print Post    
Wow - I knew they were going to have to change things from last season otherwise everyone would know that they would be getting a home and I don't mind the Hero getting the home concept BUT I don't like that all we see are competitions and no designing or work that is being judged on. We hardly see and house work at all. Big disappointment over last season. :-(

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I FFed through a lot of the first show and haven't watched since.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Who is this football player and why is he on this show?

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, July 22, 2016 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering about a few things.
Do the heros have to uproot and move to this location? Or do they already live in the area?
Or is the house replicated where the hero is currently living?

March

10-02-2003

Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send March a private message Print Post    
I was wondering about that too. It's great to get a new house but if it's hundreds / thousands of miles from your job etc do you really want to move there.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, August 05, 2016 - 12:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I wish we knew the answer to this, March. I was glad that the lady won (can't remember her name) so she would have the money for the family to take her Mother's ashes to Ireland to scatter. James was being so offensive in the last several episodes. It didn't bother me a bit that he lost.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: