TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 30, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: The Little Couple: Archive through June 30, 2015 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it is nice seeing parents just LOVE and appreciate and enjoy their little ones so much and they have such patience, too.

I had to laugh thinking of Jen sneaking in in the dark of night to straighten up some of those wall decals ;)

Interesting Will wanting Zoey out of his room.. even wnen we shared a room we had our sides and at one point mine was at the end of a big room,thus there was no reason for my brother to ever be on my end and one day I found some of his horses and cowboys on the floor and boy was I irate.. I had proof!! I'm sure Zoey will get to that stage soon enough but they have that great playroom (lol RIP Bill's media room, but frankly I think he'd rather watch the kids anyway).

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
When we moved to give our two their own rooms, my daughter sat outside her brother's room for days crying. She said she couldn't be in a room alone, so we got her a cat. She decided that the cat was much nicer than her brother. Problem solved.

The thing that gets me most about these kids is how happy they seem. Not the plastered on fake smiles of some other TLC families, but true happiness. Will was pretty positive from the start, but Zoey was miserable at first. She just seems happy as a lark almost all the time. Bill and Jen should give parenting lessons.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Mamabatsy....I still think about how Zoey disliked Bill in the beginning in India after Jen had to leave. She screamed when he even looked at her and now I think she's closer to her daddy than mommy. I think Will is a bit spoiled but I was glad to see Bill discipline him when they were washing the stones for the fish tank. At 5 he should listen more.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Remember, in China almost all kids in orphanages are girls. Will was only there as a BOY because of his skeletal dysplasia, probably. I think as a result he was pretty spoiled in his foster home.

And then of course he came here and it was probably hard not to indulge him. But they did use the same technique that was used in China, the time out.

And then there is Bill who is a bit of a jokester but does push boundaries (e.g., the helicopter in the house!!).

But I think they will work on him. Karate really stresses discipline so that's another good thing for him.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, June 19, 2015 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I know as a single parent my daughter at one point was terrified of men because she really was never around them (day care workers are usually women, most of my friend were women, etc.). Perhaps that is the case with Zoey - she probably had not been exposed to many men up until her adoption...and certainly not a red haired one!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, June 19, 2015 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for your explanations on the kids behavior. And I do think Bill is partially to blame for Will's. Bill is a kid at heart and the kids, especially Will, is his partner in being mischievous. The kids are soo blessed.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, June 19, 2015 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
A little mischief is good. The parents seem to always model kindness and treating others fairly and with respect. I think these kids will be just fine. They are such a sweet family.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 19, 2015 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Bill describes a fair amount of mischief in his childhood too... but he's such a thoughtful man too.. I'm sure Jen, having survived that cancer is thrilled that she GETS to put up with helicopters in the house!!

One interesting thing.. I kind of wonder often where are the dogs? Maybe they go to daycare for most filming.. because they are a bit less well behaved than the kids sometimes. And her mother has several small dogs too.

Roxip, Correct! No men in Zoey's past and also no little people. Jen has mentioned that she clung to Kate the nanny or Jen's mom.. that is why they did the 6 week thing with each kid where they had no cameras, no nanny and mostly no other people around, even grandparents so the kids could bond with Bill and Jen. That was harder with Zoey and I have to think at least Jen's mom was there some part of the time.

And of course Zoey is well bonded with her parents now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This is pretty funny watching Jen try not to be concerned about Wills party, LOL.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
True!!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Such a short season (no pun intended)! Next week is the finale. I enjoy this family so much.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep, way too short. Glad Jen didn't need a major surgery at this point but her headaches are troubling.

This is such a bright spot in my TV viewing..

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I know what you mean, Sea. I look forward to a nice, loving family.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
As much as I'd like to see more of them, it's really nice that they aren't wrapping their whole lives around being on television. So many of these families start out relatively normal and end up media you-know-whats.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
From reading their book, they have a series of agendas that have grown from having the show.. awareness of little people, awareness of adoption, but a core issue, especially for Bill, is bullying, which both of them, but especially Bill, experienced over and over and they know it will happen to their kids but they'd like to make that less likely to happen.

Jen said when she realized these shows CAN raise awareness was when a child met her and talked about Amy Roloff.. so she was aware of little people and didn't just see Jen as some "midget" or freak.

And then Jen loves having people learn about simulation as well.

And the icing on the cake is that they are genuinely in love and loving people and great parents too.

In season one in an interview, Bill also brought up the issue with many LP .. that they may become disabled physically earlier than other people so they need to plan for that possibility in terms of earning early.

I don't hang out reading their twitter or FB but when I do see them they are invariably admiring each other, enjoying their kids or supporting others. Very cool.

But I do like them very much, so I know I would put a positive spin on them.. I just don't think they need spin.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I'm very impressed with Zoey's language skills. I LOL when she said "seriously" to Bill. Bill said Zoey did you just say "seriously" and Zoey said yup.

Those kids get really lucky that Bill and Jen came into their lives.

It's so great that Zoey loves to read. I can she her excelling in school. She's a very bright cookie.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Zoey sounds like a little Jen at times...LOL!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Truly theses 4 are blessed to be in in each another's lives........Zoey in that adorable ballerina outfit and Will politely declining to yell when requested by the karate instructor. Now I need to hear Zoey say "seriously" to make my day...

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
It broke my heart when Bill was discussing his thoughts of suicide while hi was at NY University. Very sad. Bullying is horrendous and parents need to talk to their children about it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've never met an adopted family where the parents didn't emphasize that they were the ones that were blessed.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I saw it when Zoey said "seriously". She really is and will be one smart girl. I luv when she reads to herself. Both of the kids are blessed to be given the chance to excel. And the parents are blessed to have them.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My TVguide is showing a 3 hour show: Our Adoption Story.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I totally forgot that deathstare that Zoey could do when they first got her, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL...Alyssa ‏@moechek · 2h2 hours ago
@JenArnoldMD @ReallyBillKlein Tonight while watching the adoption special my 5yo son asked if he could have a flyin' lion. He LOVES the show

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I guess my DVR didn't pick up on the special.. bummer.. I don't see anything with that name..

Oh The Adoption Years and I've missed half of it :-( apparently the repeat tonight.

I hate TLC for the way they handle their own programs so that you have to set up each "special" when you've always had a show set up to record.. this is just stupid to give unique titles to things. They've done it for a long time to the Roloff shows.

I would have loved to have seen this. No repeat listed for the next couple of weeks for sure.