TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 18, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: The Little Couple: Archive through June 18, 2015 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I felt the same way, it made me wonder when TLC had originally planned to air the episodes, like maybe they were waiting to show it in the fall. And then the Duggars screwed everything up and they had to rush to get some shows on the air.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maybe, but I think Jen had posted about the date for starting this season before the Duggar thing broke.

I just wish they had tons of episodes to show us :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hmmm, the last post I remember from Jen was that they didn't know when their new season would be aired. That was before the Duggar thing, I don't really recall seeing anything after that until the Duggar thing. But then again, I was out of the loop on the Duggar thing until everyone here started talking about it.

And I remember thinking it was odd that all of a sudden their show was going to air.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I posted this on May 13, which was after you and Mame had reported on Jen saying she wasn't sure exactly..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 9:04 am Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post
Starting soon!! May 26!!! SO looking forward to it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
First mention of the Duggar debacle is by Naja on May 19.

Now, I don't know when the Duggars and TLC knew things were hitting the fan, of course..

But I think it was the day AFTER fan-hitting that TLC ran a marathon of past Duggar shows, which caused a backlash.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 05, 2015 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Seamonkey, interesting timing.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I love this family and I'm happy the new season has started. I really enjoy seeing Jen's work, especially last week's, it's great seeing her in her element. I'm also happy to see Bill's back is mending well, it must have been very painful for a long while. And of course the kids are so cute; loved the family holidays.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That Christmas show was random! Perhaps it was meant as a special but pulled out in an emergency? Because the new show last night was obviously filmed at a different time (or so it appeared to me). The lawns appeared to be green (and even in Houston in the winter the lawns do not stay green) and the trees were in full leaf.

Could Will and Zoey get any cuter?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Here's an update on the conjoined twins that Jen did the simulation on before their separation. Be sure to watch the video.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/conjoined-twin-leaves-texas-hospital-month-sister/story?id=31647402

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Watched the two episodes last night, what a joy. My life is currently super stressed but I cannot help relaxing and seeing what matters, watching them. They have such joy in their kids and such patience.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I know, Sea. I was watching last night and thinking how nice it would be to be shopping for fish. Or just the simple joy of watching my kids as little ones, dancing or playing. I'm tired of stress.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That was an amazing fish store, I haven't ever seen one so nice. The shows were really great and I love that Zoey was going to name her fish Bug, but then changed it to Nemo.

Bill is looking a lot better so he must be recovering nicely.

And ballet and karate were both hysterical. Cracked up when Will lead with his face a few times.

Connies

03-11-2010

Friday, June 12, 2015 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
This is my all time feel good show, look so forward to each and every episode. They seem like such genuine people.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 12, 2015 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I love that black "sand" and glowing stuff in their tank.

The goldfish looked a bit big for that tank but hopefully Bill will go for bigger tanks.. they were cool fish. Their playroom is chock full of stuff to play with. No surprise there.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, June 12, 2015 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Enjoyable!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I was surprised at the fish store guy selling them gold fish to put in with tropical fish. I 'm sure the water is way too warm for the gold fish…but what do I know?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
When I was a kid we had tropical fish and a goldfish named Goldie.

Goldie seemed to think she (or he) was a catfish and she would mimic them as they grazed the bottom of the tank and went up top now and then.. They co-existed for a long time in that tank. We had neon tetras, barbs, guppies, black mollies, swordfish, catfish, I think a plecostomus or similar algae-eater, angelfish (they were mean and one summer when we went on vacation the heat wasn't left on and the angelfish died and mom was not unhappy since they nipped at the other fish). We even had a special tank for live births so that the fry dropped through a slot so the mom wouldn't eat them and then had hiding places in the tank so some of the little ones could be protected. My dad got really into the fish.

We had betta fish but they had their own double tank. We had a flounder but it stayed below the sand so mostly we would just see the two eyes.

Goldie lived a very long life, as did most of the other fish.

The only disaster we had came from Goldie acting like a catfish and that was a disaster for one catfish which was grazing the bottom at the same time during the night and swam into her bigger mouth and got lodged.. my brother and I got up early one Saturday and discovered this so my dad was rudely awakened with the alarm we sounded. He was able to remove the catfish, which didn't survive, but Goldie was just fine.

Goldie was a more traditional goldfish of the fifties so while she was indeed bigger than the other fish we had she wasn't the size or shape of Will's "W" or Zoey's "Nemo" (FKA "Bug").

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Very interesting, Sea.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
At 9pm...Jennifer Arnold, MD retweeted

TLC Network ‏@TLC · 3h3 hours ago
We're celebrating Will's 5th birthday on tonight's all-new #LittleCouple!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jennifer Arnold, MD ‏@JenArnoldMD · 2h2 hours ago
Tonight's #LittleCouple is sure to be full of #CakeCakeCake with Happy 5th Birthday celebrations for… https://instagram.com/p/4AVZu_K-TS/

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It was sweet.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I thought the B/Day party for Will was soo thought out and somewhat educational for the kids. I could take Zoey and just hug her. I luv how she reads to herself. Soo adorable!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I read Bill and Jen's recent book and in it Jen mentioned that at one time she thought she would end up being a party or event planner and that makes sense with how she goes about producing a party. She was active in HS, college and medical school with events it seems.

But instead she became a doctor..

I read in People magazine (I think..) that Since having Cancer and Zoey she ended up stepping down from her patient care, still has the simulation, of course and that can be scheduled more so she is not called away from her kids..

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I ff through this last episode. I guess I'm just enamored with the kids as most of you. I do enjoy them in little bits and pieces though.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The power of true kindness ~ That's what I always think of when I watch this show!