TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 28, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of OC: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 28, 2014 users admin

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
i really didn't start watching this a lot until the last few seasons, not from the very beginning. I did see the repeats from the first season, how much this has changed!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I wonder which of the HW shows has the lowest ratings ? This playing telephone is boring, and silly for grown women.

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
http://bravoratings.com/housewives/

Looks like Miami is the lowest and then New York. OC seems to be in the middle of the pack, but ratings for all seem to be slipping.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
They never show Tamra's kids because Simon won't allow them to be filmed for the show. Tamra has said how much she wants to have them on, but he won't allow it as part of their custody agreement.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I felt that David's apology was indeed genuine and I though Terry showed his ass. He and Heather were really ganging up on Shannon and David. Heather acts like she is so much better than the others and she really rubs me the wrong way. I liked Terry until last nights show. As far as Tamra goes she is just trying to get camera time and she thinks she is spicing up the show, but she is just a trouble maker and I won't miss her if she doesn't come back next year.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
In Tamara's first season, she held a birthday party for one of her young daughters who was under five. As other kids arrived, I remember Simon making a comment to Tamara because she kept making inappropriate sexual jokes. She got mad and told him to shut up and yet to hear her side today, she was the abused one.

I think David's apology was genuine as well and he wasn't smirking, he just wasn't letting Terry get to him. The comments about David not understanding the vocabulary were so uncalled for and again, David didn't let Terry get to him which made Terry even angrier.

I really think Terry has major pickle-envy over the Beador's house and I'm sticking to that opinion.

As for liking Shannon, she doesn't spread malicious lies about people just to hurt them the way Tamara does and I respect that aspect about her.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I honestly couldn't believe avid offered that half-assed apology, and four months too late, too. He really is a piece of work, so it's fitting he's married to that woman. Now they can have their cocktails even earlier so they can go to bed.

I have to say, if someone said the kinds of things David said to poor Heather to me, in front of her children no less, I would hope my SO would ream him at least as much as Terry did. Those comments were so uncalled for and then the best David can do is a half-hearted apology after he'd poured god knows how many drinks down his gullet. It was very telling that Shannon was trying to rally the troops against Tamra on the plane back from Bali: it's really typical of her, spreading lies and instigating just to hurt the people around her. I feel like Heather was exactly right when she called her pugilistic.

Lizzie is far too sane for this show, though. She realizes that all the BIG DEAL STUFF on the show is just small potatoes. We can't have anyone pulling back the curtain quite that far, Lizzie. It was nice knowing you.

After that dress Vicki wore to the party, I hope that was her last episode, too. She's always been boring and had bad taste--but not bad taste enough to walk around with a nose job as bad as Shannon's--but they've wrung everything they can out of her. The Brooks thing is so boring at this point that I almost wish Slade would show up. And her Briana stuff...ho hum. It just makes her look like an hysteric.

Anyhow, Vicki's dress. It had a built in cape for god's sake. It was horrible.

Grandma Tammy. I know she'll love being called Granny. I have to say, though, Tamra calling Lizzie "Kentucky Fried T****es" was hilarious and made me laugh out loud. She was also the one who called Alexis (was that her name?) "Jesus Jugs," so I guess Tammy's milieu is making up nicknames involving breasts.

I guess everyone needs a specialty.

Libshea

08-31-2006

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Libshea a private message Print Post    
I guess I am confused as to why some people speculate that Terry & Heather are jealous of Shannon & David's home. They are in the process of building their own, and certainly have the money to build it whatever they want; they can outdo any home without any sweat. So why assume jealousy?
I, too, found David's apology half-hearted. I actually like David, so am not sure why it came across so insincere. But I didn't like the construction reference by Terry to David. Obviously, there is good money to be made in that industry. I guess they'll be back next season, so we will see just how enlightened Shannon has become. I will remain a Heather fan unless she goes off the deep end - something I highly doubt.
Tamara twists everything to put herself in the "wronged" category. But she is only fooling herself.
I don't care how happy Brooks makes Vicki, he is still a slime bucket in my eyes. He never fails to make a disgusting sexual comment about Vicki. She must like it.
And I will miss Lizzie as I thought she brought some real truth to the show. I don't know what to make of all the things she told Shannon in Bali. I do think maybe some of them were taken out of context. But I also believe she was sincere in her dislike of all the negative talking behind everyone's back. Most of those women have always done that.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
I think the reason David's apology came off as half-hearted was because he didn't know how pissed off Terry was until Heather relayed that information to Shannon. Add the fact that Heather doesn't share this tidbit until 4 months later & it's not going to look sincere to anyone. Personally, I was far more offended at Eddie's comment to Heather of "show us how you ride Terry". If someone said that in front of my kids, I'd be pulling him aside and giving him a lecture.
Lizzie is really a breath of fresh air. She nailed it saying how so much is made out of nothing and how no one listens to anyone.
Did anyone else feel like the whole dinner fight was completely staged? It felt like at the end of it, everyone was acting like "ok, we've had our fake fight for the season...bye everyone!"

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I thought the dinner fight seemed staged too and was surprised how fast they all made up, but then I realized we only saw a small portion of the dinner and obviously things were said to calm things down.

I do not see how David could have been more sincere with his apology. Yes, he was smirking when Terry was going off about it, but I think I would too after all if Terry was that upset about David's comment, why not take him aside when he said it four months ago.

Vicki has always been neurotic when it comes to her children. If she truly loved them she would want them to have a life together. Instead it is all about her. I thought Brianna and her husband were very patient with her. And she has visited them seven times already! How far away do they have to move to get them out of their lives for a while?

Is Lizzie not coming back to the show? I like her because she says everything I am thinking while watching the show

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Perhaps it was four months too late, but I believe it speaks to David's character, and his wife's, that he had to be told that comment was outrageously inappropriate, particularly with young children there. Is it something he regularly says to Shannon after he's had one too many cocktails? Perhaps. Or probably. But that doesn't mean it's okay in front of relative strangers.

But yes, everything about that little tete-a-tete seemed forced and artificial. I kept laughing every time they show Terry saying "There's a word for you in medicine. A PENIS" because, 1. It's a stupid line and 2. We have that in the non-medicine world, too. LOL

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
LOL...so true Tishala!

I just don't understand how Terry gets so bent out of shape about David's comment, but not Eddie's. Is it because Eddie a friend and David isn't?

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Friday, August 22, 2014 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
I think Terry would have accepted the apology had Shannon not tried to rally the girls on the plane against Tamara. I think it made anything Shannon or David do look suspicious. I do not like any of these women, so I am not partial. Lizzie is a pot stirrer...she wound Shannon up and let her go. I have always said Vicki and Tamara lied for their own benefit. Heather's nose is stuck up so high she can't see the truth. Shannon is a mess.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Friday, August 22, 2014 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
In Heather's blog she says that neither her or Terry heard what either David or Eddie said. They were told by what they considered a reliable source that David had said some really bad things. It wasn't until they watched the episode that they knew anything of what Eddie said. However, after they watched the episode, they didn't think either one was as bad as what they had been told, felt bad they reacted as they did, and have since apologized to David.

Looky_lou

05-07-2011

Friday, August 22, 2014 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Looky_lou a private message Print Post    
I don't know if this has been mentioned by anyone, but the Dubrows were on WWHL the week before they showed the dinner party. The poll asked which side people were on, the Dubrow's or the Beador's. It was something like 60-70% favoring the Beadors. You could tell they were surprised, but covered it pretty well. I'm sure it was a blow to their ego.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 22, 2014 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
That's why I was asking if they had filmed the finale before or after these people see all of the episodes because from the previews, Terry is still screaming at David. Maybe Bravo purposely films before all the episodes have aired because otherwise, they might all be screaming at Andy and the producers instead of each other, lol!

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Sunday, August 24, 2014 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Well maybe Heather should have followed her own advice and gone straight to the source to find out what was said. Wow-she is such a hypocrite.
Terry is really not my thing, especially this season. Really pompous.

I bet it was Tamara that told them what David said- we know what a liar she is, and the fact that they didn't know that Eddie said anything!

I think Shannon was wonderful the last episode. She stopped the fight at the dinner party. I don't think she is so bad. I like her a million times more than Tamara, Vicki and now Heather.

Kappy- I think you are 100% right. They have to have drama.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, August 24, 2014 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I think the videotape is straight to the source and, as we know, one of the problems with Shannon is that she can't successfully relay the truth of events she was involved in--i.e., "get the hell out of my house" etc. Is it the vodka that impairs her hearing or sense of what actually happened? I don't know. But it is impaired, most often for dramatic effect to make Shannon look like she's been persecuted.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, August 24, 2014 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I think if anyone over drinks to the point of having memory problems, it's Tamara.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, August 24, 2014 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Well, Tamra admits it's true in her case (although I think it's a convenient forgetting); in Shannon's case, everyone except Shannon comments on it.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, August 24, 2014 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I know a lot of people with dry humor who make jokes with references to drinking yet really only do it in social situations. That's how I view Shannon and David.

Tamara on the other hand is almost never seen without a drink in her hand. There's a reason Simon was given full custody.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, August 24, 2014 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
No, I mean the other women have all talked about how much Shannon drinks, not Shannon herself. Shannon herself, against all evidence from the show and the others on the show, insists she drinks very little. LOL. But she probably thinks her nose job isn't botched, too.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, August 24, 2014 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lol - You hate Shannon. I hate Tamara. How about we agree to a friendly disagreement?

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Super dull reunion. Where's the fork because this show is done?

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Wasn't there a link from a blog or something that both Tamara and Vicki said they'd be back. (not that Bravo has weighed in on this yet)

Very formula driven, with an emphasis on drama - we need drama, create drama, promote drama or you won't be back...