TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 04, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 04, 2015 users admin

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I do find some irony in the "outrage" towards the fact that these juvenile records were released when FOX News had absolutely no problem with reporting on Trayvon's Martin's juvenile record...he was also a victim but no one seemed to care.

At the same time, though I really have little sympathy for the Duggar parents or Josh, my heart breaks for the girls in that family.

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
Where is Josh during all this. Parents and victims coming forward, but he is strangely silent. Seems like all of them are deflecting and defending things, but the one person that should speak and explain is nowhere to be found. He is a grown man now, not a child so there is no excuse for family and victims to take the brunt of the media storm alone. They are scrambling to save the "brand" . This family wants to continue getting TLC's money. They just haven't realized they don't have a "brand" left anymore.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
omg. and a "HELL NO!"

“There’s things we’ve learned since then,” Michelle added. “We don’t let boys babysit…Little one’s don’t sit on big boy’s laps.”

it is the girls' fault, how they dress, how they look -

Michelle is seriously trying to tell me, that a 5 year old girl

no... I just can't.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
There is no way for Josh or his parents to justify their actions to the public. Doing interviews will not change the facts. He did it, the family covered it up and now it's out.

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Muffin. It speaks volumes that the family is still protecting Josh by trying to downplay things. Those poor girls.

Like Readers post above, in their religion, men aren't at fault for things like this, women are.......and to say that 5 a year old, dressed or looked a certain way to cause Josh's actions, are just sick.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
enough already.........off of my tv!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Reader, that was a big one to me.. almost like making the girls think that all boys might touch them in that way except their father. Wrong. But I guess it goes with no opposite sex touching until marriage. And the implication being that the girls, by sitting on the lap of a brother could cause this to happen.

and she deflected when asked why she labelled trans people as pedophiles by saying josh was 14 and according to the Duggars you aren't a pedophile unless you are 15. Huh. I don't really think Josh is a pedophile but neither are trans people as a group.

I had a hard time not tuning them out and had to run it back a few times and even then.. I'd never seen one of their programs and thank goodness! This was way more than enough.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sea, he actually was 15 the last time he was caught. They even said so on the show. But they tried to make it a lesser offense by saying "He JUST turned 15". He actually turned 15 three months before the last time he was caught in July.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I would like to point out :Anyone 13 years old and above can be tried as an adult if he or she has a record of previously breaking the law or commits a serious crime. Minors who are 15 or 16 years old are automatically tried as adults for certain offenses, including murder, aggravated criminal sexual assault, and armed robbery with a firearm.Nov 11, 2014

I am only pointing this out to show 15 year olds are definitely considered old enough to be criminals. Nothing else.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
The fact remains that he went crying to his parents, which means that he knew it was very wrong to do, but he still did it. He knew that that doing it even when they were sleeping was still wrong. And not just a little wrong either. I think they should all just disappear off the interviews and public life! And it wasn't just 1 time either. No amount of excuses for his behavior can rectify what happened.
They put rules into action.......no sitting on a brothers lap. Seriously, that changes nothing. No brother should get aroused because his sister or any other child sits on his lap.
Their beliefs are archaic and they didn't handle it properly.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Uh ... If the people who want them to disappear would stop watching them and reading about them that would help.

Though I'm not sure how their disappearing would do anything to improve their daughters' situation.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
It's really not that bad. The girls slept through Josh's fondling of their vaginas they didn't even know it happened. So says the girls parents.

The girls actually seem to know very little about their molestation but you bet your bippy they all know how perverted the lgbt community are.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Karuuna there is a second police report...even Fox News reported it. It talks about one of the younger daughters and what she reported to her parents. It involved touching underneath clothing.

yes, and having watched the interview, the Duggars also verified this in that interview. What I haven't heard verified anywhere are these rumors that it was more than unwanted touching.

Thankfully, my therapist didn't leave me alone and did challenge how I said I felt (evil, dirty, totally the one to blame).

If these girls said those things about themselves, yes, it would need to be challenged. But if the young women (now) have made their peace with it, we shouldn't be challenging that. It's their RIGHT.

Keldogg- if you were outraged about Trayvon's juvenile records, then you should be outraged now. I am. About both. That would be the consistent point of view.

my heart breaks for the girls in that family.

Why? Don't they get to decide for themselves if they are okay or not? Maybe they don't want you to pity them.

Where is Josh during all this.

He was the first one to make a statement. He apologized, said it was wrong, and said he deeply regretted it.

Yes, he went to his parents, and thank God he did. And when he didn't get the help he needed, he went to them again. What a courageous young man! Most of the time that this happens, we don't hear about until years later, after the shame and damage has become ingrained. But this young man had such a good relationship with his parents, he went to them for help. It's extraordinary and admirable.

Look, I know a lot of folks don't like the Duggars, and that's your right. Frankly, I don't really like their world view either.

But again, a lot of what is said here contradicts my experience having worked with abused kids, and abusing kids of all different types. They aren't one size fits all!

It's over. It's been over for more than ten years. If you really care about those young women, do something in your OWN community to help. Because I guarantee you, this is happening in many households in your neighborhood.

Work for proper sex education in the schools. Work to improve your own community's "system", so that instead of causing further damage and chaos that then ALSO must be treated therapeutically, the system actually stops demonizing young people and helps them instead.

That would be a good start, instead of doing what they do, and causing more damage as well. Demonizing a young man, who came forward because he knew it was wrong, when we should be praising him, that's damaging. To him, to the family, to the young women, and to the community at large.

How many young men do you think, having read all this crap on the internet about how evil they are, will come forward now?

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
What I am pissed off at is the hypocrisy and blatant racism. Its all fine and good until it happens to a nice white christian family.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I am too, Keldogg. They don't seem to see the inconsistency in their views.

But demonizing them for the wrong thing, handling family inappropriate behavior within the family, is not going to change their minds.

That's my problem with the big blow up over this issue. It's just my opinion, but a lot of what I read on blogs and Facebook, etc is misdirected rage.

And it only hurts the ones who were already hurt. Everyone keeps saying that it's the victims they care about... but they don't care what the victims want or think. That's the hypocrisy that I am concerned about.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I haven't watched their show in 3 years, nor did I watch their interview. I have only read what is being said here. I did read their ATI teachings, out of curiosity.
As far as the daughters are concerned, I don't really know how affected they are by it. They forgave him, yet they haven't continued with their Twitter and Instagram accounts, so I am assuming, which I shouldn't be, that they might be realizing that what happened to them was wrong, not their fault, and might be feeling victimized now. They forgave him at that time, they were told to. Do they still forgive him? I don't know, but this is their tragedy and as adults, they will choose how they want to handle it and if they want proper counseling, they don't need their parents permission to get it.
I also don't like the hypocrisy of this family when it comes to judging others, how they choose to live their lives is their business, but don't be public how others should live theirs!

Muffin

08-29-2007

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Furthermore, my outrage did calm down after reading here, so I am happy that I was curious about it. I was at first of the opinion that he could do this to his own children, but after reading everything, I no longer feel that way.
But do I want them to disappear off TLC? Yes, they should, and deal with their issues in private. There is nothing that they can say or do that will make it better. They are digging a bigger hole for Josh and themselves when they try to defend him!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Muffin, I agree with much of what you said here.

I will note that we don't know if they were "told to" forgive him, we do know he was told he had to ask for forgiveness.

They may have dropped their social accounts because they were being blasted for having forgiven him. We just don't know. We do know they feel revictimized by having all this become public, because they have said so. And yes, at least 2 of them have said they do still forgive him.

I agree there is some hypocrisy in the family, and as I said, I find their world view distasteful and troubling. But it is their right as Americans to have views we don't all agree with.

Connies

03-11-2010

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Karuuna Thank you for your remarks and they pretty much mirror mine so I won't repeat. Everyone is ripping this family left and right and I really don't think there is anything they can say or do to change some people's minds. I still say they are a good Christian family with high morals and are trying but NONE is perfect. A real shame what this is doing to the kids.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thank you Connies.

I can't say enough, that we ought to be praising this young man for going to his parents, instead of hiding it in shame.

That one thing could do a lot to help young people in trouble.

I am reminded when we went through this in my DS's circle of friends, that the kid that came forward to his parents is the one that got damned and alienated.

Yet, he was the courageous one.

It's a shame.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It is amazing and noteworthy and courageous that he came forward to his parents with his deeds.

However, calling this a family of "high morals" -- I guess that depends on your version of morals. For me, fighting to prevent the rights of others, marginalize others, pointing the finger and accusing others of misdeeds you have done -- that's not high morals. To me it's sanctimonious and offensive. And that's why the Duggars are getting slammed IMO.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Great post Brenda, I agree wholeheartedly.

I feel terrible for the daughters, who had to endure the abuse as children, and now are having this stuff dredged-up and in the public eye.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
excuse me - did I miss where this story changed? he came to his family, the original story was that Jim Bob caught him leaving the girls room - before we congratulate Josh on his honesty, lets remember we don't know what really happened - we really only know the police report. So anything the Duggar family says is in question. They want their money maker back. A big family is hard to manage just by not paying your taxes, you need income as well, lots of income.
Any one saying anything in this family - I have ceased to believe,

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
In the interview last night, the parents said he came forward.

In the police report, they said he came forward.

But can we please not miss the point?

Demonizing this young man will DETER other young men from coming forward.

Saying that he needs to be prosecuted, will DETER other young men from getting the help they need. The truth is it is not likely he would have been prosecuted, if they came forward willingly, and volunteered to get help. However, there are some over zealous social workers who haven't healed their own hearts who would dog this kid and his family and make things worse. I've seen them, and I know them.

That's the larger point, and it is being missed.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/duggar-interview-7-crucial-facts-they-didn-t-tell-you-the-cover-up-continues-59917