TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 03, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 03, 2015 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Straight from Jimbob and Michelle's mouths..... Some of the incidents were under the clothes while the girls were awake. But they sure tried to gloss over that fact quickly.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Four of their daughters and a babysitter..good grief!!

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
I notice that Jim Bob is doing most of the talking. Keeping in line with their church, that the man/husband is in charge, the wife the follower.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I am done with them! I want them off my tv & I want them to stop making money from having a TLC show! I will now follow the Willis family: This family is "normal" & talented.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Yes, it's easy to judge when you were a victim of sexual abuse like I was.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
I know I said I was going to be Duggar Free as of June 1st .. but I sit here watching the interview...

A couple of things I noticed:

Jim Bob and Michelle in reply to the did the kids get professional counseling from a psychologist or psychiatrist the reply was that all of them (Josh and the girls) got professional counseling from a licensed counselor - my opinion it could have been someone with a masters degree in the church...

And I had to laugh when asked what they did after Josh came back to ensure this didn't happen to others .. (or by others) .. one of the examples was .. that they made sure when the kids played hide and seek they didn't go of in twos (boy and girl) ... no mention about family meetings on a regular basis to discuss right vs. wrong

They really kept deflecting on a whole lot of counts and couldn't fathom any similarities with their accusations about lgbt community and the accusations coming back at them now...

Almost Duggar Done... I'm curious to see if any of the Jill/Jessa interview is their speak or JimBob speak...

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Texasdeb. I was disgusted with their soft pedaling. Oh the little ones did not even know it had happened. So what. Josh knew what he was doing was wrong. We all know that what he did to those girls was wrong.

Protect your son. I get it. I would probably protect my child as well, but don't insult us by trying to downplay what happened and shift the focus into becoming spokespersons for "the sanctity of keeping records sealed".

In re the girls, in the limited sites that I've been to, I have only read words of support for them. However, that being said, I myself did not openly discuss my abuse until I was in my late 20s so I understand their pain.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, it's easy to judge when you were a victim of sexual abuse like I was.

I'm so very sorry you experienced that. I did also.

Survivors are individuals, and we don't all see the world the same way.

ETA: I have read many places that the girls were coerced into forgiveness or that the Duggars blamed them for what had happened. So, no, it's not all flowers and love.

It is quite insulting and revictimizing to a victim to tell them how they should feel or how they should handle it. Each of us has a different journey, and it should be respected.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
This was a very rehearsed recital of their beliefs.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
They did not seem sincere to me. At the same time, I think that they are so invested in their religion that perhaps they actually belief what they say.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't see an interview at 9pm.. just something called Bullseye Runaway Train. What was it called.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That's what I'm hearing, very rehearsed, not very authentic. But I'm guessing the lawyers grilled them.

And Kelly didn't really press them. It was a mutually agreed to publicity stunt.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Sea..I think it is called The Kelly Report..something like that.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Found it.. Fox news not Fox, The Kelly File. Will record.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
wow. I watched a few minutes at beginning (before Blackhawks game)

when Michelle was tearing up, I just knew this was sympathy - they really grilled it that it was an "innocent' boy "experimenting" the girls had their clothes on and never ever knew anything happened. (yet the police report says differently)

so let it be said. so let it be so.

so disgusting! not buying what they were selling

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jessa and Jill have stated that they were among the victims.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jessa-duggar-defends-brother-josh-as-a-victim-of-his-molestation-59865

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jim-bob-duggar-justifies-keeping-quiet-on-josh-s-molestation-scandal-during-fox-news-interview-59861

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sea, I figured I'd wait until you watched your recording and read your thoughts, I just could not watch it any longer...

its just

sad

but thanks to Kar and others, I do understand why they did not report Josh, I just think that so much of the country do want to now that the girls (at 5 years of age - and again, according to the police report - it was more than hands and fully clothed)
the girls... that someone is their Hero...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And this is the article from the magazine that I was actually looking for, which I read in the magazine.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/josh-duggar-chilling-molestation-confession-in-new-police-report-59752

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
It was a very "soft" interview. I expected better from kelly.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
according to the police report - it was more than hands and fully clothed)
the girls.

I'm still not seeing that. The police report that I read said nothing of the sort.

As for heroes, I can't say that's what the girls want. I think what they want is for us to TRUST them when they say they have forgiven him. In other words, respect for their journey.

Frankly, I don't care much for the parents, and don't really care for how they are handling all this. They really should have just stayed quiet.

But I do care about these once-children and now young adults, and I am willing to give them the benefit of trusting their words unless it can be shown that there is something else. They say they are okay, they say they got help, there is no proof of additional wrongdoing in what, ten years?

Let them be.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I'm not expecting much, but I guess I'll watch eventually.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Karuuna there is a second police report...even Fox News reported it. It talks about one of the younger daughters and what she reported to her parents. It involved touching underneath clothing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, look at the police report Seamonkey posted in her 8:21 post.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think ANY of us know what the girls want and what someone says they said they want may not be true. THEY may not know what they want.

I know I certainly don't forgive those who abused me, but they weren't family and it wasn't around family or known by family, so in some ways was less complex (not in terms of the actual abuse which was far more complex than touching!) Of course for years I blamed myself because the abusers programmed it into me. Thankfully I finally did work with a trusted therapist so it all could come out and I know whose fault it was. I never told because they threatened my family and I believed them.

Thankfully, my therapist didn't leave me alone and did challenge how I said I felt (evil, dirty, totally the one to blame).

Motivation for the Duggars, who are trying to save a family "brand" and a huge source of income, has to be full of conflict for those girls.