TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 03, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 03, 2015 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I do see a connection, Jimmer. Not by the kids of course, but by the adults who have said that gays are THE ones who molest our kids.

Actually, all sexual orientations abuse our kids, but the incidence of heterosexual molestation is much higher.

So it seems hypocritical at best, and hateful at worst to blame only one group.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
But yes we are all different and thus have very different, but still valid, reactions.

Reactions and opinions are one thing, and yes everyone has them.

But facts are another, and more valid than opinions. So not *everything* is valid, especially if it contradicts facts. Maturity requires that we evaluate our reactions in light of the facts to determine their validity.

I'm not saying this about anything in particular that anyone posted. Many people here have raised important points to consider. I am saying it as a general rule, that I reject the notion that just because someone has an opinion or reaction, it is valid.

Else, we couldn't say that Michelle's opinion/reaction about transgendered people is not valid either.

See my point?

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Yes I was referring to the robo calls and statements made that the LBGT community is reponsible for the molesting of children.

Eroica

07-28-2005

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
Just read on TMZ the Duggars are going to be interviewed by Megyn Kelly on Fox news next week.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Eroica, I am sure the Duggars have reviewed the questions and are working on their answers now.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Sea, is there legitimate verification for 'Michelle robo calls'?

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Muffin: funny, so true.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2014/08/18/michelle-duggar-robocall-tries-to-rally-opposition-to-fayettevilles-anti-discrimination-proposal/

<fixed link - K>

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Hmmm. That didn't work. I was able to read the article and listen to the robocall. I think I'm linking incorrectly here on my cell phone.

If you google Michelle Duggar robocall, one of the first hits is to Washington Post article. That has a link to the Fayetteville Flyer where you can hear the robocall and read the transcript of it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It's nice that the Duggars will have a safe environment to answer questions to try to save their 'brand'. said sarcastically....

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I fixed the link for you HappyMom.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/26/duggars-homeschooling-sex-abuse_n_7445238.html

Here are excerpts from one of those ATI Wisdom booklets:
http://gawker.com/semen-causes-cancer-bad-science-from-the-duggars-homes-1707107182

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
reminds me of my catholic school sex education, the nuns told us that Mister Sperm calls Mrs. Sperm up and asks her out for a date. Then 9 months later there is a baby.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
After reading what they have been teaching their children and how they believe in this stuff, I think they should definitely be off TV. Michelle Dugger had 2 miscarriages. They must not have been Jim Bob's then, according to their teachings.
If they aren't part of a cult, then I'll eat my hat!
I feel sick knowing that people actually believe everything that was written re their teachings. WOW!!!

Muffin

08-29-2007

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I must be incredibly naive! I'm sitting shaking my head after what I read. I didn't realize that people would actually follow a religion like that. I have always had respect for anyone's religion, but this one just blows my mind!!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Anyone can say anything they want, live anyway they want, have any religious beliefs they want. But when their personal religious beliefs infringe on others liberties, then there is a problem. Citizens are obligated to call out the injustice. I believe it's immoral to be silent when other people's civil rights are made inferior or are non existent.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
That ATI Wisdom booklet is horrible!

Muffin

08-29-2007

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Lil, I agree with you completely!!!
Furthermore, why don't they pay taxes on their home? They aren't a Church.......they are the Duggar Family!
There is no way they had proper counseling after what Josh did.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
One of the Duggars' homeschool "medicine resources" (it's another one of those "wisdom booklets"):
http://gawker.com/the-duggars-creepy-homeschool-curriculums-guide-to-fash-1707722189

The interview with Megyn Kelly is on tonight at 9pm ET on Fox News. I think it's a shorter interview with a longer one to air on Friday night.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
This should be interesting. I think megyn kelly will do a competent job.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
TMZ live today discussed the report, and they said it was specific in the abuse Josh vetted on his 5yr old sister, they said it was more than exploring with hand. and it got worse each time he was caught!

That just makes me incredibly sad. I know the interview with Megan was taped yesterday, and the parents say that they were sad with "Josh's choices"

Can I be sad with their choices (to not protect the daughters)
I just hope this convinces them and TLC to let them quietly go.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I read the police report and saw no such thing.

He was only caught twice, so I'm not sure what getting worse each time could possibly mean.

I am also saddened by their naivety and inability to deal with the situation the first time properly. And saddened that they were not able to use that pain to enlighten their world view as well.

I am hopeful for the girls however. They have a lot of support and love, and that helps.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I'm biased against anyone who molests a child, regardless of whether the victim knows what is happening, I'm not buying what the duggars are selling.

I was wrong about megyn.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, it's easy to judge. Until you meet some of these teen offenders, and hear their stories.

Then, not so easy. Not for me.

I care about all people, I think all people deserve that, and not to be made oversimplistically into caricatures of human beings.

We wouldn't want that done to us, we shouldn't do it to others. MY opinion.