TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 23, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 23, 2015 users admin

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Muffin I believe their first appearance was about 2 years after the report to the police. And I can understand a parents reluctance to turn their child into the police. I cannot understand not taking steps to protect my other children from the offender, and not taking all of the children, offenders and victims, to real psychologists for as many years as needed to try to help them all. I also cannot understand the hatred in labelling the LGBT community as a danger to children while ignoring the fact that the real danger lives in your home.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just want to point out that the last incidents of sexual abuse in the police report were when Josh was 15. Most happened in 2002 when he was 14, but it was additional incidents in 2003 when he was 15 that finally made Jim Bob go to the church and try to find help. It's in the police report.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I agree Keldogg. I just went back and read what I posted 3 years ago about this family. I ended that post by stating that I felt that by watching this show that I was watching a cult in action!
I wasn't wrong.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
The scary words are "last incident". Not a one time thing but a pattern of abuse which makes it even harder for me to understand why those girls were not protected. Also want to point out that Jim Bob was running for political office during those early abuses.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Anna has spoken out that she knew all about the molesting by Josh before she married him. That shocks me. Not sure I believe it because I would never marry someone like that and have children with him. Furthermore he apparently also told her parents. Shocking that they still approved of him.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Anna has been raised under the same standards. A patriarchal family where women are submissive to men, first their fathers then their husbands. Pretty sure that Anna would marry whoever her father told her to marry, and then would support whoever she was married to...including backing up the story he wanted to be known. Its part of the thinking.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I would not necessarily turn my child in either, in violation in fact of the ethical code I swore to when I was a licensed therapist.

The fact is that the "system" is fraught with inconsistencies, sometimes over zealous, sometimes under a reasonable standard. When I worked in the field, I found people on both sides (over prosecutorial and under prosecutorial) who ignored evidence when it suited them to push a particular agenda. I wouldn't trust putting my child in the system.

I would get him/her therapy within the realm of my beliefs, which the Duggars did.

As far as we know there have been no additional offenses. I'm sure if there were, we'll here about them now.

I say all this while certainly being no fan of the Duggars. I disagree vehemently with their world view and belief systems.

But this isn't the issue I would use to discredit them. Not at all.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I wouldn't turn my kid in either. but I would get them professional help and protect the victims! So, no, I can't fault them for not turning him in. I can fault them for accusing LGBT people of being molestors while having one under their roof. I can fault them for their ignorance and bigotry.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I also wouldn't be able to turn my child in to the authorities, but I would take all measures to make sure that it didn't happen again and definitely get counseling, for ALL the children.
Brenda, I agree with you.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I pray that the victims will finally receive the therapy that they were denied all these years. I also hope that child protective services or some other unbiased third party can step in and ensure that none of the minor children in that home are being abused.

Shame on anyone who blames the girls for what Josh did and what his parents condoned.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Keeping this secret and not going through proper authorities is why this is such a big secret for a lot of families. You hear about it all the time, after the fact.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
As someone who was molested by a stranger when I was a child, I think that speaking about this is a good thing. We need to empower children to speak up so that grownups can put a stop to the abuse. No child deserves to be made to feel dirty.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Another thing I want to bring up is that one of the victimized girls is still a minor, so that means she was 6 years of age or younger when Josh was molesting her.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Naja, that is an important point, that if the abuse was occurring a year after Jim Bob knew about it, he must've been beside himself in what to do, that had to be a conflict I can't imagine the "hard labor" he was made to do - but I doubt if the victims got support, they are in their protected family environment.

again, sad. I'm glad it came to light.

Starr

07-09-2005

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Do we know HOW or why or by whom it came out - after TWELVE years? I wonder if this dirty little secret would have stayed under the rug, if Josh hadn't been so horribly outspoken towards the LGBT community?! I wonder if he's now regretting any of his public rants and hatred?!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This might be the first article.. In touch.. which mentions that rumors have swirled for years and it seems they investigated..

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/19-kids-and-counting-son-named-in-underage-sex-probe-58751

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
the 4 sisters were his "prey"! for jim bob to let that happen to his daughters & then make "us" think that these gals are the purest that gals can be.................I say, take the dang show off!

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I actually found a board where it was talked about a few years ago...I think it was in 2007. Someone posted this information but had no proof. They were very specific with the information and it matches up with the police report. The board was called freejinger.org and I will try to find the exact link.

So evidently the story has been talked about in various circles but no one had proof.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I thought it was shocking that the records existed in the first place and now this?

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/josh-duggar-investigation-record-destroyed-by-police-2015225

Quote On Thursday, May 21, a spokesperson for the Springdale Police Department confirmed to Us Weekly that local circuit Judge Stacey Zimmerman signed for the offense report from 2006 to be expunged.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/josh-duggar-investigation-record-destroyed-by-police-2015225#ixzz3awSx0nP9

and it is reported its because Joy is a 17 year old minor and the parents can request it to be destroyed.

as if this is going to go away

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 11:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, that's the thing, no one could prove it so they were just attacked as trolls and haters and liars. I think the question is how did the police report come out to the public. And apparently it came out because the magazine "In Touch Weekly" requested it through a Freedom of Information Act request. It was as simple as that.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
NBC Today show, Erika Hill did report that a "Trooper talked to Josh" So, maybe Jim Bob wanted to "scare Josh straight" and I'm thinking if it took him (Jim) this long to expunge the record, he probably didn't realize it was a public record.

and they keep calling them allegations, or "allegedly" How can that be if its a police record, and Josh, the family all admit it?

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Allegations because it was just a report not a conviction and because Josh only admitted in his statement to making "mistakes", not to the actual facts. So to protect themselves from legal action , alleged is used.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Here I was thinking the youngest molested was age 8, but she was really age 5? I didn't think this tale could get any worse, but it just did.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2015/05/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-josh-duggar-police-report.html

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Actually, I think she may have been only age 4. :-(

If anyone wants to go to the freejinger website mentioned By Keldogg, you'll want the area called Quiverfull of Duggars.