TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 22, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 22, 2015 users admin

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
Just read the new stuff about it. Sounds a little more complicated than we first thought. He could lose his job in DC with that . Wonder how TLC and the family will spin all this.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
If this is what finally gets this family off the TV... I will be pleased. I'm so sick of their holier than thou politics. Can't wait to hear the spin on this.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I feel sick inside for those girls. But I'll be glad if this makes it so none of them can use their celebrity status for their anti-women and anti-gay political agendas any longer.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
The duggars gave a statement to people admitting everything and saying they got counseling for everyone involved. I can't copy the link on my I pad....weird. Anna also said Josh told her and her parents about it before they married-cuz that's how great of a guy he is. He also as of today no longer works for frc. It's really bad when a hate group doesn't want you representing them.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Here's a link to a People article with their statements

http://www.people.com/article/josh-duggar-molestation-accusations-duggars-respond

This occurred when they all lived in that 3 bedroom house too,

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Maybe that's why the eldest sister is withdrawn and not interested in a relationship with a man.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Ugly story, but at least he has admitted it and is not trying to sugarcoat it.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
What kind of counseling did they get? If it was from a pastor, it might not have done much good. My heart goes out to those girls if they didn't have the opportunity to talk to a sexual abuse counselor.

Sometimes it seems as if sex is the only sin recognized by some Christians. By not permitting young people to at least hug and kiss and later a little more, they are making it so mysterious and tempting that they do go too far in trying to see what it's all about.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
5 girls ..Plus - One who was "Baby sitting" (buried in the police report) .. 4 sisters and a cousin perhaps??? Pretty easy to figure out the four sisters from 2002 or 2003... I feel sorry for them..

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
It's all so very sad. I pray that they actually did get counseling. It is possible for families to grow and forgive, but only with the help of therapy.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
This is shocking. I'm tired of seeing the Duggars on tv as much as the next guy, but this is a terrible reason to possibly get canned. My heart goes out to the girls impacted.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Their statement makes it seem as though he just dud some sexual experimentation, not sexual abuse. Two very different things and I doubt pastoral counseling did anything to help those victims other than to convince them to "forgive and move on."

Muffin

08-29-2007

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Why am I not surprised?? I have felt for a few years now and stated as much at one point that I didn't feel that this family was as perfect as they tried to make the public think. Their holier than thou attitude sickened me. They judge others yet they were hiding a major serious issue in their own family.
Side hugs, no kissing before marriage, etc. I'm glad this issue came to light now. The young girls involved didn't deserve this, but as far as Jim Bob and Michelle and Josh are concerned, I don't feel bad for any of them.
They brag how they live, how they earn their own money, and never take from anyone, but they fail to mention what they make from TLC and all their trips are paid for. Now Michelle is saying that they aren't perfect, but they sure tried to make the public think they are.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Roxi, how could they NOT admit it after documents were discovered? It's taken them 14 years to admit it and only because they HAD to.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I feel for the sisters who were the victims to have this out and have so many people downplaying it and protecting him. Wow.

http://www.people.com/article/josh-duggar-molestation-accusations-duggars-respond

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
someone posted this on another board and I found it interesting, I don't know much about these people and don't watch the show, so you dont have to read this, but I checked out some of what she said, like the people they look for guidance from recommend spankings as a punishment and you won't see that on TV so the less pleasant sides are not shown on TV. but yoo don't have to read
An Open Letter to Duggar Defenders

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Thank you Sadiesmom. I find it incredibly sad. and I'm grateful that my grandfather didn't get involved in that. He was heavy in to a cult, and I find it incredibly sad. Just sad. I know what its like to manipulate words and put it in "God's hands" or to "pray about it" and the outcome is what he manipulated.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Perhaps they were protecting the victims in this instance. I'm not condoning whatever happened but we all have heard people continue to deny or sugarcoat what happened after the fact and I am just saying at least (finally) they are being open about this. This also might be why they are so extremely conservative in their dating practices.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I wonder how often the molestation happened. Once a month, once a week, daily? There is no way I believe that Josh went to his parents to confess his perversion. One of the parents walked in on the act.

Often times the molester has been molested themselves.

Those poor sisters. My heart really goes out to them.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That open letter is just frightening. I mean I know this kind of cult like stuff goes on, but to have it paraded around on TLC, trying to make it appear normal and only giving us not even half the story. It disgusts me. The curly hair things is completely creepy! And to always be happy, always smiling. Just always felt so off to me. Life is a rich tapestry of all emotions, cheerful as well as uncomfortable. How sad to have that stifled.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I remember the episode where either for a birthday or mothers day the kids/TLC got mom a makeover. She went to a hair salon where they straightened her hair. She looked a billion times better. She didn't like it AT ALL. Evidently it wasn't what her god liked in a females hair.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
The police report, with all the names redacted, is on In Touch magazine's website. It seems from that police report it is almost certain that one of the duggar girls told her dad.

This is so heartbreaking for all the duggar kids except Josh. To be so sheltered and with parents who did not deal with this properly. I doubt any victims received proper counseling. That was probably given by others in their cult.

If the parents had given those kids a proper sex education, I wonder if maybe Josh would not have committed these crimes.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Investigators interviewed several of the Duggar children who described what they remembered about what happened. Most said things had been better in recent years, but one sibling said they did not feel safe at home.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That is just wild that 9 of the Duggar kids are old enough to go to college, but only one of them, Joseph, may go. And that's to an unaccredited Christian college in Tennessee with a limited curriculum of religious studies and music.

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
They had to realize that somehow this would come out eventually. It actually amazes me that it took this long for some magazine or online gossip site to get a hold of it. It will be interesting to see how they support everyone now without all that extra TLC and book endorsement income. The house Jill lives in is owned by Jim Bob. I read somewhere that it was about a $500,000 house. Now Jessa just got Josh's tiny old ranch house......Josh and Anna will probably have to move back again. A few weeks ago I read that Josh owed the State of Arkansas money in back taxes too. What a mess !