TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 06, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): ARCHIVES: Archive through May 06, 2015 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Loaded out?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
A classmate mentioned this show derisively in my psych class tonight. She was shocked that I like it. My prof was fascinated at the concept once I described it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I do think it's fascinating. We seem to do such a bad job of picking for ourselves. Many other countries practice arranged marriages, although rarely do they wait to meet on their wedding day. It's an interesting concept when couples have been matched for their personalities and values.

I really like Ryan and Jaclyn. I love that she's giving him a chance and starting to fall for him. Love at first sight is rare and often doesn't last.

I wasn't attracted to my hubby when I first met him. He won me over with his thoughtfulness, little gifts and poems. I had actually broken off with him, thinking that he liked me a lot more than I liked him, when I was starving one day at work and didn't have a lunch (we worked together). He went out and bought me a sandwich, chips and a brownie, even though I'd dumped him. That's when I realized what a sweet man he is.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
OMG Now THAT is romantic, BabyJ. He's definitely a keeper! :-)

My nickname for DH when we met, was Mr. Romance. I wasn't attracted to mine either initially, because I usually dated taller men, (he's my height). But a few weeks later we went dancing and he LITERALLY swept me off my feet. :-) 23 years later, my feet still haven't touched the ground. ;)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ifelt so bad for Ryan initially, I felt she was too shallow and didn't deserve him, but now that she is allowing herself to be 'crushing' on him, I am warming up to her.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I get off put by the ridiculous romanticism of someone picked him for me, we will work out wonderfully. I think that with friendship comes love. I think arranged marriages that do work out is because people grow to love someone. I could go on about my ex, we were married for 25 years, but he was so bought into the the love at first sight nonsense, that it was like trying to hold a wet fish, wriggling this way and that. There were days when he loved me so much, I thought I would suffocate, then he would be oblivious that I existed or outright hate me. I would just be blandly me and figure everything wa a phase, but I have to say, it is a relief that I don't have to deal with it anymore. The worst part was after we were divorced and he married the woman he had the affair, he started calling me. arrgh, did not need that, told him to get out of my life we were not and would not be friends. He really believed people should be madly in love all the time and that just can't be.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Different strokes. My relationship sounds a lot like yours, Babyj. Definitely not love at first sight for me, but was for dh. Neither one of us is a romantic (flowers, gifts, etc) but we are so in love and that just grows every year. (Will be 40 yrs married this Fall!)

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
During the first (or was it the second?) show when she said she wasn't at all attracted to him I predicted, and I still do, that Ryan and Jaclyn will "stick" and the others, who fell in love at first sight, will not. She gave him a chance and they became friends before love and that has much more chance to work.

I have a friend who is in an arranged marriage. The reason it works for them is that they were betrothed at birth and knew all their lives that they would marry and there was no choice but to make it work. Their culture does not permit divorce. As she tells me, there are murders, but no divorce. LOL

Zoesox

05-11-2011

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zoesox a private message Print Post    
I just caught up on this show, wow - I am NOT liking 'Jessica's Ryan'. He treated her horribly on the honeymoon, I really believe this is a sign of things to come. He is a first class JERK!!! She deserves better, she comes off as a really sweet girl. I agree Mamabatsy, I think they are divorce bound. I don't quite see the chemistry between Davina & Sean - time will tell, but I am not feeling it with them. And Jackie & Ryan appear to be this season's Jamie & Doug, they are the only couple I look forward to watching. So fun to watch her attraction develop. Speaking of Jamie & Doug, I wish FYI would give them a show. I'd love to follow their progress, especially if Jamie gets pregnant!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Until now I wasn't jumping to any conclusions about the problems mentioned above but if tonight is any indication then yes, I only see jacklyn and Ryan lasting.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am sure there will be a Jamie and Doug having a first baby special.
Jessica has issues too. She was so determined for this to be romance. she just so bought into the fantasy it was driving me nuts. MArriage is hard work, and I should know,mine failed, it took 25 years but it was a struggle for a lot of it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Ryan is very immature, but they both need to be more open about their communication. When he commandeered the closet all for himself, she should have politely asked for a little space for herself, rather than meekly say, "No, it's okay." Somebody needs to coach them on their communication. She's afraid to stand up for herself, but when she does, he throws a tantrum and storms out. Very controlling behavior.

I'm loving the other Ryan and Jacklyn. Love how they're becoming a real couple. They are so cute together. I hope they stick it out.

Sean was kind of a jerk for leaving Davina to spend her first night in their new apartment all alone. I get that he had to work the next day, but he could have just gotten up early. I don't see them lasting either.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
ITA 100% BJM :-)

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 3:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I just love Jacklyn and Ryan. They make me smile every time they're shown. The other two couples..I'll be surprised if they make it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Me too.

Sometimes I play a game in my head where I mix up the couples and match them with each other, to see how they'd fit. I think the the other 2 couples could be interchanged with each other easily. Might even work out better. ;) Those 2 gals look a bit alike to me anyways.

In terms of looks I think Jaclyn and the silver-haired guy would be a gorgeous couple. But I am happy they paired her with Ryan. It's nice watching them fall in love. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I guessed right on where to find this thread, LOL. I hope Davina/Sean can figure out a way to ease off on each other, although I think their living arrangement is going to cause huge problems. I'm not sure what Sean said he did for a living, can he transfer his job to Manhattan? I just don't see them working out if they can't figure out a way to live together all the time in NY.

The last couple with a commute marriage was the one who got divorced. I am not sure that Davina/Sean have the same things in common, she seems more like a real party girl and he seems much more stay at homish.

Ryan/Jessica--Ryan seems like he really didn't want to leave his home, the only thing he was missing was someone to have sex with. Well at least Scottie is trying to help them understand that it takes a while to get the relationship right. And I don't like this Ryan who thinks he can just sort of yell at her "like his grandpa" did. That is not communication.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Sean is an ER/Trauma Nurse. I don't know if he works in NJ or NY.
Jaclyn and Ryan are soo cute together. Can't figure out if they "did it" on New Years Eve??

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
While I think that Ryan has some issues, I really think that Jessica is very immature. They do not seem compatible.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
So what was Ryan's problem with Jessica ironing on the bed? He said it was "just common sense" and that they have to sleep on the bed. Golly, she wasn't butchering a hog on the bed! I really am not liking this guy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Spoton, I didn't understand it either, I use my bed for the same reason, if you put down a towel and then iron what is the big deal. It's not like someone was in it while she was ironing.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think Sean worked in south or central Jersey with 12 hour shifts - he should not have said he could move.

Alliet

07-11-2005

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
I'm really not liking Davina. Not sure why the experts matched her and Sean. Ryan? Grrrrr. Jessica caves too easily. He's downright rude. I'm warming to Jaclyn, finally.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Jaclyn and Ryan are now truly married. They are soo cute together.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am starting to think that the only ones that aren't "too broken" for this experiment is Jaclyn/Ryan. The other couples seem like they need some major counseling for their own lives before they even try to be a couple. There seem to be serious issues that need resolution before they bring on all the complications of marriage.

Zoesox

05-11-2011

Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zoesox a private message Print Post    
I watched most of last night, fell asleep with 20 mins left. Based on what I saw, Jessica got SUCH A JERK! And I am putting it mildly. I wouldn't stand for the creep's behavior for 10 seconds. Sick of him wanting SAME relationship like his 'Gam-Gam & Grampy' had, from what I see he is never going to keep any woman around. I think his obsession with them is not normal. He is sickening to look at absolutely cannot stand him. If I were her, last night's episode would have shown me packing my bags for GOOD, this loser will never change. As she said about herself 'what you see is what you get' applies to the Creep. He will never change, total psycho. Yes, she needs to open up more but she does not deserve that treatment by that BABY.
The other Ryan and Davina just bore me, he is too whiny and I cannot figure her out. Jacklyn & Ryan are the only enjoyable ones, have to say I was finding her a bit too much, that laugh. All the time. She seems like a nice girl, a bit rough around the edges, needs to dial it back.
I always refer back to Doug & Jamie, this season makes me miss watching them. Would rather watch a show on them than these current couples.